Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Back porch in the winter
CRIMPS 09:16 AM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Currently rolling with the outside firepit. If its cold we will layer up with a blanket. But thats pretty relaxing...

A pic of the firepit in our backyard.
Attached: BackyardFire.jpg (18.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Stinky 12:22 PM 11-26-2010
Here's an idea for an outside tent to smoke in with side walls:

www.hutshop.com and search for Sidewalls.

Build a deck or attach to your outdoor deck. Add heater of choice. Clip, light, smoke. Ahhh. . . winter man-cave.
[Reply]
Stinky 01:08 PM 11-27-2010
change that: SEARCH for sidewall not sidewalls
[Reply]
mikethegoalie32 09:18 AM 11-30-2010
Here in Ottawa we live just a 10 min drive from a Cigar Lounge, so in our chilly winters I just head there, wait til the warm summer again to do the outdoors...
[Reply]
VanMoo 08:09 AM 02-22-2012
Happy to have found this thread (and apologies if my question is already answered somewhere in it ... I did not read through its entirety).

I borrowed two propane heaters from my neighbor over the winter holiday period b/c we were having a number of cigar smokers over for various parties. They worked well enough (winter’s been pretty mild here) but these were older models and seemingly not too efficient. I wonder if anyone would recommend a model they’ve found particularly effective? I’ve read some positive reviews about a model from Fire Sense that pushes out what seems like an astonishing 46,000 BTU, but the price seems almost too good to be true.

Any guidance/opinions would be welcome. Thank you.
[Reply]
T.G 08:23 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by VanMoo:
Happy to have found this thread (and apologies if my question is already answered somewhere in it ... I did not read through its entirety).

I borrowed two propane heaters from my neighbor over the winter holiday period b/c we were having a number of cigar smokers over for various parties. They worked well enough (winter’s been pretty mild here) but these were older models and seemingly not too efficient. I wonder if anyone would recommend a model they’ve found particularly effective? I’ve read some positive reviews about a model from Fire Sense that pushes out what seems like an astonishing 46,000 BTU, but the price seems almost too good to be true.

Any guidance/opinions would be welcome. Thank you.

Read the thread, many effective models of propane heaters are discussed above.
[Reply]
VanMoo 08:30 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Jenady:
+1 on the IR propane heaters. Wood fires are great but they require a lot more prep time. With the propane you are more willing to go out and light up both the heater and a smoke.
May I ask how you like the model from Costco? Does it do well "throwing" heat say >5' away from the unit?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up