Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>How long would your cigars last during a zombie apocalypse?
jsnake 01:30 PM 04-22-2010
Well the way I see it I will need to load up on cigars and ammo and band together with some gun wielding BOTL. I think on my stash alone I could go about 100 days smoking 2 to 3 a day.
[Reply]
McSmokey 01:31 PM 04-22-2010
Not long enough!!! :-)
[Reply]
loki 01:33 PM 04-22-2010
i just looked over my stash and to quote lord of war "your stock piles are dangerously depleted, you better order more from the factory"
[Reply]
Scottw 01:40 PM 04-22-2010
Smoking what I smoke now, I have about 3 years worth of sticks. Smoking 2-3 per day, I'm looking at 7-8 months
[Reply]
guado 02:02 PM 04-22-2010
Assuming I stay home, zombies run out before the ammo does(very good chance of this :-) ) I can last 5 years. Which reminds me. I need to stock up on butane!!!

Now if I can just convince the wife that a Barrett .50cal rifle is needed incase of zombie emergencies I Would be set.
[Reply]
yellowgoat 02:09 PM 04-22-2010
A few days. :-)

I have a couple boxes in my humi, but I like going to the cigar shops and buying a hand full the best.

If I survive the trip to a shop, I'll just board my self up in there until I die. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 02:10 PM 04-22-2010
Based on current stock.... maybe 6 months at 1 a day..... I'd have to ration myself. On the other hand, If I smoked Philly grapes and peach - would that drive them off?
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 02:46 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by guado:
Assuming I stay home, zombies run out before the ammo does(very good chance of this :-) ) I can last 5 years. Which reminds me. I need to stock up on butane!!!

Now if I can just convince the wife that a Barrett .50cal rifle is needed incase of zombie emergencies I Would be set.
Rock one of these from an upstairs window and you'd be able to enjoy all 5 years of smokes!

Maybe you should show her the article linked earlier that explains why zombies are plausible...
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:50 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Smoking what I smoke now, I have about 3 years worth of sticks. Smoking 2-3 per day, I'm looking at 7-8 months
thats right about in line with me. 2-3 a day would only last me for 6 months. at the rate I do now... 5 years!
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:51 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by alwayslit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrizaO-X00.....take care of business. Have a relaxing smoke after.
:-):-):-):-):-)

YES PLEASE!!!!! I WANT!!!!
[Reply]
mmblz 02:52 PM 04-22-2010
all depends on whether zombies like cigars or not...
[Reply]
Dooge 03:18 PM 04-22-2010
first, i'm not sure if i would be able to bring everything with me. I have a couple of travel humidors that are waterproof/damage resistant so they would last some time. Take the foam separators out and then i should be able to fit more in. Maybe one day i will pick up one of those 30 count travel humi's, that would probably fit everything i have right there. Smoking just one a night would last me for a few weeks. Then I'd have to burgle smoke shops and lounges.

Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
Would the smoke attract the zombies? Would the glow of the lit cigar give away your location? Where exactly are we hiding out? Is it well ventilated?
As far as I can work out, they're not attracted to the smell of smoke. They do seem to have an acute sense of smell but are more attuned to the human flesh than anything else.

Its a tough thing to say what they are and are not attracted to.

Just remember folks, head for the high ground. Burn the stairs and bar the windows.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:46 PM 04-22-2010
all I have to do is carry Andys smokes... and run just slightly faster than he does.... Which shouldn't be a problem, right?
[Reply]
kzm007 03:54 PM 04-22-2010
People, this is why we not only need to cremate the dead, but seal the ashes in concrete...or re-use the ashes for road work. Or maybe Gurkha wrappers, whichever is easiest.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 04:14 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
:-):-):-):-)

YES PLEASE!!!!! I WANT!!!!
:-) that thing is awesome!
[Reply]
Dooge 05:40 PM 04-22-2010
not to take it one step further but what is your bug out plan?
[Reply]
loki 05:42 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by Dooge:
not to take it one step further but what is your bug out plan?
i plan to bug in
[Reply]
Dooge 05:56 PM 04-22-2010
i'll be going to your house... you have guns. We can fasten something to the top of my mini cooper
[Reply]
loki 05:59 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by Dooge:
i'll be going to your house... you have guns. We can fasten something to the top of my mini cooper
guns, food, cigars, and once i have a house, a generator
[Reply]
Dooge 06:02 PM 04-22-2010
generators would attract them... i do know they go towards sound. solar paneling?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up