Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
General Discussion>Your favorite album
Powers 04:12 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Sorry Dustin I can't just add one. I try and throw a few different things into the mix here.

1) Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac by Fleetwood Mac
This is a great collection of some of the early work by Fleetwood Mac when it was a blues band. Pre Stevie Nick and with three great guitarists!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvKaLW5bu8

2) Loaded by The Velvet Underground
This would be their more commercial successful album. I still enjoy The Velvet Underground and Nico but Loaded is great start to finish it also has amazing writing. It's great early New York rock/psychedelic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkumh...eature=related

3) Vs. God, More Songs About Girlfriends And Bubblegum, This Sh!t Is Genius and Midwestern Songs Of The Americas (any of these albums) by Dillinger Four. Still some one of my favorite Punk bands. Funny, witty, smart as hell lyrics and a great band to see live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEB7...eature=related

4) Minx by Leatherface (runner up albums are The Last, Mush, and Cherry Knowle)
I was lucky to enough to see this British Punk band years ago and still enjoy their music today. The lead singer Frankie Stubbs has an unusual voice, it's like having Tom Waits singing punk rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW-G4SBompk
+1 for Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, they're awesome
"Tallahassee Lassie" is a good tribute to my home state :-)
[Reply]
bigpedunn 04:25 PM 04-08-2010
Rare Earth just want to celebrate
[Reply]
thebayratt 04:32 PM 04-08-2010
DJ Tiësto - Just Be
[Reply]
kgraybill 04:42 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Do I really need to explain this one?

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks Live at the Hollywood Bowl

Astral Weeks was his seminal album as a young singer. He recorded a live version about two years ago. With his now 30 year later aged voice it is one helluva an album.

:-) PinkFloyd- Dark Side of The moon.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:53 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
The Who "Quadrophenia"
Television "Marquee Moon"
Iggy & The Stooges "Raw Power"
Social Distortion "Live at the Roxy"
Screaming Trees "Sweet Oblivion"
Jesus & Mary Chain "Darklands"
Dave Alvin "Blue Blvd"
Rose Tattoo "Assault & Battery"
Jerry Lee Lewis "The Session"
The Godfathers "Birth, School, Work, Death"
Mazzy Star "So Tonight That I Might See"

MCS

Just checked some of these out bro. Excellent recommendations. Thank you :-)

Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Sorry Dustin I can't just add one. I try and throw a few different things into the mix here.
Some good stuff in here too. Thank you for helping me add to my collection.

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
"Huron Street" is another great album from Don Ross. Been on an acustic kick lately. Thin Air from "Huron Street"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZx_c...eature=related
This was great. Just picked up this album based on the youtube video alone. Some excellent stuff brother. :-)

Still checking out other recommendations from this thread. I'll let you guys know what I think :-)
[Reply]
King James 05:05 PM 04-08-2010
Don Ross is good stuff. Also check out anything by Andy McKee
[Reply]
forgop 05:09 PM 04-08-2010
My favorite album of all time was GnR-Appetite for Destruction. My new favorite band is Skillet, so I'll go with Skillet-Comatose Comes Alive because it combines some of their best songs from a couple of other albums.
[Reply]
alwayslit 06:11 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Tredegar:
Tough one but I will probably have to go with

Tool "Aenima"
.......nice!! Prong "Cleansing", Alice and Chains "Dirt"
[Reply]
sikk50 06:26 PM 04-08-2010
Blood for Blood - Outlaw Anthems
Death Before Dishonor - Friends Family Forever
Throwdown - Haymaker
Donnybrook - Lions at the Gate
First Blood - Killafornia
Hoods - Ghetto Blaster
Adora - Safegaurd the Helpless
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:28 PM 04-08-2010
This one is so easy... I could list a bunch... but if you are asking absolute favorite album:

Allman Brothers Live at Filmore East- Duane Allman was out of his mind stoned but played beyond comparision!!

Several Stevie Ray albums are close... but as far as favorite there is no question!!
[Reply]
Montano 06:33 PM 04-08-2010
Blizzard Of Ozz
Back In Black
Holy Diver
Defenders Of The Faith
Yngwie Malmsteen Marching Out
The Number Of The Beast
.... off the top of my head, but I'm sure there more favorites :-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 06:35 PM 04-08-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj4vQCA0fo4......good for raising the bp by a few points.......LOL
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:47 PM 04-08-2010
Jimmy Buffett ... Banana Wind. My all time favorite JB album. Some the best ballads he's done.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:03 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Montano:
Yngwie Malmsteen Marching Out
The Number Of The Beast
.... off the top of my head, but I'm sure there more favorites :-)
Great albums there. Surprised to see someone else into Yngwie. Most people have never heard of him.

For me:

Octavarium - Dream Theater. DT's my favorite band and they have number of albums that are in my top 10 but this one's at the top. I can listen to it over and over. The title track "Octavarium" is one of their epic 20+ min songs, taking you all over the map.

The Odyssey - Symphony X. Symp X follows in the mold of DT, but more straight forward progressive metal. I find it rather interesting that a band could take something like Greek Mythology and turn it into an album.

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree. PT has a number of other really good albums (In Absentia, Signify, Fear of a Blank Planet), but for me this is their go to album. They've been described as a modern day Pink Floyd. I can't say for sure myself as I haven't listened to a lot of Floyd.

Liquid Tension Experiment - Liquid Tension Experiment. A side project of some of the Dream Theater guys, this is a completely instrumental album with loads of jazz fusion influences. There's a song called "3 Minute Warning" that's over 20+ minutes and was recorded in one take. It's a complete improv jam.
[Reply]
1badhog07 07:15 PM 04-08-2010
Favorite metal album for me,has to MEGADETH(peace sells but whos buying)even though dave and the boys had one previous to this one(killing is my business&business is good).this album was more refined but yet raw,and gritty.and what better way to try and get back at METALLICA.never did like kirk hammet.but this is my opinoin.
[Reply]
King James 07:23 PM 04-08-2010
JJ Grey & Mofro - Orange Blossoms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7CUR2cozts

Is a newer album by the band (formerly just billed as Mofro)
Some (read: all) of their older stuff is really good too.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:38 PM 04-08-2010
Here are a few of my fav's.

Beatles-Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lou Reed-Rock and Roll Animal
Van Morrisan-Moondance
Eagles-Hotel California
The Clash-London Calling
Big Audio Dynamite-This is Big Audio Dynamite
Bruce Springsteen-The River and Born to Run
[Reply]
RightAJ 07:40 PM 04-08-2010
Metallica - AJFA :-):-):-)

aj
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:54 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
This was great. Just picked up this album based on the youtube video alone. Some excellent stuff brother. :-)
Glad you enjoyed it Dustin:-) Ross writes some amazing stuff. Perfect music to relax to and smoke a great cigar.
[Reply]
boom 09:17 PM 04-08-2010
Y & T - Meanstreak
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up