Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
General Discussion>Snus?
MajorCaptSilly 03:14 PM 10-04-2010
Kronan White Portion is also very good. The only reason to refrigerate is to keep the snus fresh. I keep a few cans in the car and it stays fine for a couple weeks.

MCS
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:43 PM 10-04-2010
Thanks for the help, guys!
[Reply]
wayner123 06:15 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Has anyone tried the General Mini portions and General White Mini back to back? Any big difference?
Haha thats a cool fix!

The Goterberg Rape No. 2 was recommended for those just starting snus or those who like Camel Snus. (I like the Camel Snus, but sometimes I can hardly taste the flavor).
I too don't like to go much over 4mg. I can do the others but definitely not over 8mg.

As to the difference in the General Mini and Mini white's; I find that the regular mini lasts a bit longer storage wise. The uptake is also quicker on the nicotine. The White's however, taste a little better to me as the slow uptake and your own moistening make it that way.

The Goteberg No.2 is a nice change of pace to the regular mint, wintergreen, etc. It's got juniper berry that is pretty pronounced after a while. I would buy a can and try it. I like to supplement it when I get tired of plain or minty snus's.

Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.
[Reply]
croatan 08:13 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.
[Reply]
wayner123 08:19 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.
Yeah he prefer's the Onyx over the Oden's as well. I think it's mostly because it comes in a black pouch. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:22 AM 10-05-2010
I pretty much stick to the General White Portion Mint. I love the stuff!!! Prices sure have gone up though!!!
[Reply]
357 09:27 AM 10-05-2010
Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?
[Reply]
croatan 01:55 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?
I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.
[Reply]
357 02:48 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.
Thanks. I realized after I posted that it was kind of a personal question. I just wanted another's opinon/experience. I appreciate your response.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 01:06 AM 10-07-2010
I quit cigarettes over two years ago.
I've currently been on an Oden's strong and 02 Strong kick. The Oden's are a lot more flavorful though. The 02s take quite some time to "bleed" through the pouch, similar to a white portion. I've also been enjoying the General Onyx. I revisited these about a week ago. I forgot how much I like them.
[Reply]
DPD6030 06:44 AM 10-07-2010
I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go :-)

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. :-) Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:25 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go :-)

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. :-) Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.
How much was shipping, if I may ask?
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:36 AM 10-07-2010
How much was shipping, if I may ask?
Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT:-)

MCS
[Reply]
357 08:38 AM 10-07-2010
Andrew, Smoker's Outlet has them retail for $3.99/can. I'm sure your brother, or one of us on the east side could buy them and mail them to you if it would save you some money.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:47 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT:-)

MCS
Wow. Well that's not good.
[Reply]
colinb913 04:59 PM 10-07-2010
You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:59 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!
Same $$ for shipping?
[Reply]
fissure 06:29 AM 10-08-2010
They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse:-) I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.
[Reply]
357 06:55 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by fissure:
They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse:-) I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:25 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.
Lol, if you're offering...

at the moment I won't buy from the online stores. I don't smoke cigarettes, and I'm not trying to quit or anything. Paying almost double or triple my order cost for shipping just isn't going to work for me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up