Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>And the #1 cigar on Cigar Aficionado 2011 list...
replicant_argent 12:31 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I don't get what the big deal is. The mag is for wealthy, uninformed novice smokers so why would we really care? I understand why cigar makers care but no the seasoned smoker who belongs to internet cigar boards.

I will give them credit where credit is due. They have about 3-4 good articles in a year and they are mostly about Cuba. :-)
There might be a couple idiots (like me) or novices here. (I can't speak to the wealthy part) :-)
I enjoyed the Havana issue quite a bit. I read it and think of the trade winds, a Partagas, a Mojito, and a sandy beach when I close my eyes. Or some Cuban music, awesome food, and a few sexy Cuban gals dancing.

But that's just me. :-)
[Reply]
UpInSmoke 12:31 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I don't get what the big deal is. The mag is for wealthy, uninformed novice smokers so why would we really care? I understand why cigar makers care but no the seasoned smoker who belongs to internet cigar boards.

I will give them credit where credit is due. They have about 3-4 good articles in a year and they are mostly about Cuba. :-)
+1:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:32 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Bad Finger:
Someone needs to start a mag that is by smokers, for smokers. None of the "15 pages of **** nobody can afford", just smokes. Unfortunately, CI doesn't give proper reviews in my opinion either.

Maybe one day....
That day has come. Cigar Journal is great! :-)
[Reply]
Winstonshumidor 01:08 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
By far the best cigar magazine out there!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:32 PM 01-06-2012
You're on, Tom- Alec Bradley 'Meh' Club

You want "President" or "CEO"? :-)
I would like to be "back-up goalie". :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:38 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would like to be "back-up goalie". :-)
Your modesty suits you. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:52 PM 01-06-2012
Is James Suckling still with CA? He was really the only reason I use to read CA.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:02 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Is James Suckling still with CA? He was really the only reason I use to read CA.
Nope. He's with Cigar Journal now. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:08 PM 01-06-2012
Nope. He's with Cigar Journal now. :-)
Thanks. I know he retired from the Wine Spectator, but didn't know for sure if he still worked on CA. He has started his own wine review/journal now too.
[Reply]
ktblunden 02:10 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I like the Presnsado the best of all the AB lines. The last one I smoked didn't scream "I'm No. 1!" at me, however. Congrats to Alec Bradley.

To next years contestants: get your pocketbooks ready! Or if you're Padron, just make another awesome cigar. :-)
Originally Posted by issues:
I would agree with all of these statements...

I would go so far to say that the cigar he released this year, the Black Market, is a better than a Prensado Churchill.
The Prensado is by far my favorite of the AB cigars (most of which I'm not entirely fond of at all) and it is a good cigar, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere even close to #1. The Black Market I was surprised by and thought was a really nice cigar, but I still like the Prensado better.
[Reply]
ktblunden 02:12 PM 01-06-2012
Their reviews still leave something to be desired. In the issue I have they rated the Cain Daytona a 96 or so. Completely absurd.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:19 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
Their reviews still leave something to be desired. In the issue I have they rated the Cain Daytona a 96 or so. Completely absurd.
That is absurd, that cigar is at least a 98.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:26 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
Well, something to be desired or just different taste? :-)

I hear you, though. They :-) all over the Torano Master. I tried one yesterday and it performed well and didn't offend, but did little for me, flavor-wise. They talked up its 'complexity' something fierce, but I found it pretty monochromatic.
[Reply]
Bax 02:30 PM 01-06-2012
I do love me some AB's!!! But number one is a bit of a strech.
[Reply]
lilwing88 08:08 AM 01-12-2012
Only one of the top 25 had a release date in 2011...... WTF?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:13 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
There is a whole slew of sticks that could of had a shot that are just a downright better smoke than the Prensado that didn't make the top 10. I was even surprised to see the Warlock in the top 10 too.
$$ again? The Warlock was a $20. Give it about 15 months and they will be had at CI for $3.00 a stick.
[Reply]
Boz 08:16 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
$$ again? The Warlock was a $20. Give it about 15 months and they will be had at CI for $3.00 a stick.
I think I paid $7 for the Warlock I bought a few months ago :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 09:01 AM 01-12-2012
I'm home sick, so have too much time on my hands....

These threads always give me a smile. People all up in arms about what CA does, their ratings, lists, content....as if it is something different than the year before...or before that....

CA is what it is....nothing more or less. I subscribe, the recent issue about Cuba was worth the subscription price alone. I look forward to each issue, there is always something in there that is worth what I pay...usually the interviews.

Now that the CA top 20 is out, now I have to wait for the next Tatuaje exclusive to see all this again.....:-)

For your rerun viewing pleasure, I bring you the 2010 and 2009 CA Top 20's.....:-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ght=Aficionado

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ght=Aficionado
[Reply]
CasaDooley 02:09 PM 01-14-2012
Truth is, I like Cigar Aficionado. I pretty much like all the cigar magazines that are published, primarily due to the fact that there are so few out there that support our hobby. I like keeping up on our world of cigars with news that goes beyond what is said on the internet forums.
Like what you read, read what you like. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up