Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>CAO Reviews?
joeobx 06:23 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by :
seems like the Brazilia's are the ones that you guys like a lot. i will have to get one soon.
One of my favorite's, also like the Criollo and Gold Mad. MX2's have been hit or miss for me .
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:18 PM 02-27-2010
I've never had one that made much of a positive impression, but none that totally sucked either.
[Reply]
njstone 08:06 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
MX2's have been hit or miss for me .
My first 3 were awfully plugged ... really bad. Then I started dry-boxing them for DAYS before smoking, and now they smoke great and are quite tasty!
[Reply]
Jack Straw 09:12 PM 02-27-2010
I smoke a few of them - Brazilia, Italia, LX2, Sopranos - in fact I just ordered some Sopranos today after reading the CI catalogue in the john and spotting the deal. Check the link below, pick the Sopranos Boss for your fiver and that's about the cheapest you'll find them anywhere, even CBid.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...PT3&stext=trio
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 03:23 AM 02-28-2010
CAOs seem to like lower humidity, like 62% or so.

If you like milder cigars and can get these, the 65th Anniversary cigars are really good. Hard to find though, I don't think they make them anymore.

Also like the CAO Ltd. Black for a medium bodied cigar. Black VR is more robust so be aware of the difference.
[Reply]
pennjones 11:15 AM 02-28-2010
I just smoked a CAO criollo this morning becuase this thread had me thinking that I haven't smoked a CAO in a long time. It was enjoyable. Nothing special, but a good morning smoke with my coffee and pop-tart (yes I ate a pop tart).
[Reply]
Spokane Rick 11:47 AM 02-28-2010
I am a huge fan of both the Mx2 and the Brazilia. Both are great full flavored maduros, the Brazilia might be a bit creamier while the Mx2 has a nice spice as well as the creamy maduro flavor. Smoked a Brazilia the other day (along with a few brews) and had an extreme urge to start speaking Portuguese while running around in my back yard, stripping off my shirt while screaming "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" I haven't tried to Sopranos yet (I'm too cheap) but I have heard great things.

The only CAO I have tried that I wouldn't buy again was the Gold. I didn't think it was bad, it just wasn't anything special, and there are many other Connecticuts out there that I like better.
[Reply]
Mpython24 01:29 PM 02-28-2010
So the darker the CAO you get seems to be the ones that you guys like.

coffee and a pop tart is always a good breakfast.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:34 AM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by Mpython24:
Anyone out there have an opinion on CAO cigars?

I searched on here and nothing came up...
there are a few on my blog www.cigarguide.org
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:39 AM 03-01-2010
I was talking to a guy at a B&M I visited this weekend and he said he really likes the CAO La Traviata. I haven't tied one yet, but it looked pretty tasty.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:11 PM 03-02-2010
Remembered this thread and fired up an MX2 today. Nice, medium-bodied maddie with coffee and bittersweet chocolate flavors. A few wrapper splits that were probably due to the high humidity from melting snow. Great burn even with the splits.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
nyisles 04:58 PM 03-02-2010
I hate to pimp my site, but CAO has been a friend of my blog. I have reviewed most CAO cigars over there...
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 05:40 PM 03-02-2010
The Brazilia is the easy one... Seems like everyone & their mother likes that one, including myself. That is except for the people who hate CAO anyways.:-)

I think they make a helluva Maduro, & that seems to be were they shine IMO.

The La Traviata is solid for the $$$. Sometimes they're on the snug side from what I've experienced though. But hey... For just over 5 bills I won't complain.:-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 05:47 PM 03-02-2010
true that. it is nice gettin' a good smoke for a little over 5 bucks
[Reply]
kazzaca 05:59 PM 03-02-2010
Haven't smoked any myself but I've read MANY positive reviews of the Brasilia. I actually ordered a few last Friday and should get them in a day or so. I'll let you know what I think when I get around to smoking one.
[Reply]
Mpython24 10:10 PM 03-18-2010
Had a great smoke tonight. Outside of Starbucks with a CAO Gold. Couldn't ask for much better.
[Reply]
smokehouse 04:57 AM 03-19-2010
Had a CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Corona the other day and yesterday I had a CAO Brazilia Piranha. Both were great cigars.
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:32 PM 03-20-2010
I like the Brazilias and Sopranos, although I can't afford
Sopranos very often. Most of the rest are OK at best.
Usually one dimensional but serviceable. Haven't tried
a Vision yet.

ymmv

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
joeobx 10:47 AM 03-21-2010
was just checking C Bid.....Criollos for about 60 a box....not a bad morning smoke.
[Reply]
tomc3084 07:57 AM 03-23-2010
I know CA rated the la traviata well, but i really dont put much stock into their ratings....what do you guys who have smoked it think of it?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up