Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Sports>So what's the line on Farve retiring for good mid-season?
Volusianator 10:18 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
As the Mods are entitled to have conditions they expect members to adhere to on the board. :-)
Well if my comment was really that bad of an offense, then they have it pretty freakin' easy here now don't they?!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:19 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Well if my comment was really that bad of an offense, then they have it pretty freakin' easy here now don't they?!
Usually, unless some person just doesn't get it.
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:21 AM 10-12-2010
Usually, unless some person just doesn't get it.
As I said...

Now just go back to your 13th banter. Sorry if that was offensive.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:21 AM 10-12-2010
Whether Favray is a "Judas" or "a friend" is interesting, yet he's 4 games in and already feeling hits pretty hard. Simply a matter of time, physics, and physiology, (and some would say injected shark piss, hormones, roids, and voodoo dolls) before the inevitable.

Oh, note to self: Take the railroad spike out of the voodoo dolls ankle... "Wrangler cain't ride with a frozen ankle".....
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:23 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
"Wrangler cain't ride with a frozen ankle".....
Nice reference! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:24 AM 10-12-2010
As I said...

Now just go back to your 13th banter. Sorry if that was offensive.
I guess I will post and moderate wherever I see fit. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:07 AM 10-12-2010
I guess I will post and moderate wherever I see fit. :-)
...and I will post wherever you moderate and have a fit. :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 11:13 AM 10-12-2010
I don't think Favre will be back next year.
[Reply]
rizzle 11:26 AM 10-12-2010
I guess I just have thicker skin, or don't need anybody else to stand up for me. If someone says I have no clue what I'm talking about, I can handle that cause I'm a man. I don't need someone else to fight my battles.

Sorry, carry on...
[Reply]
Whee 12:01 PM 10-12-2010
Seems like the orderlies have not been handing out meds on schedule around here lately.:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 12:25 PM 10-12-2010
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Your statement is such an easy one to let ramble, but couldn't be further from the truth.
Trying to do this on my phone, so I apologize in advance for any sloppiness.*

First off, no offense taken. Not having a clue is often how Grace describes me. I didn't take it as a personal shot but rather thought I may have touched a nerve based on the response. If Volusianator and Favre are buds, I can understand his jumping to #4s defense. *I am just as prone to sometimes blindly defending my friends even when the situation may not be fully warranted.*

I do not know Brett Favre. I am not in a position to have first-hand knowledge of his motivations and interactions with any of his four NFL teams. *In that sense, I suppose I don't have a clue.*

I do know what my eyeballs tell me though. *And my eyeballs tell me Favre is a me-first player who's agenda begins and ends with Brett Favre. *Does he have a passion for the game? *Probably, but it's not mutually exclusive of his narcissitic personality. Favre's all about winning? *Maybe. *So long as he's the reason for the winning. My eyeballs tell me he wants to be throwing the football and scoring on spectular, improvised plays. *He does not, for example, want to hand the ball off to AP 25 times a game - even if that gives the TEAM the best shot at winning. *There are guys who crave the ball in their hand with the game on the line. I believe Favre is one of those guys. But I also believe he consistently puts his team in the position where he needs to "lead" them back because he doesn't play smart: *he plays for the greater glory of Brett Favre.

I used to respect the guy. I used to buy the whole aw-shucks, gunslinger personnae. But after riding a river of crocodile tears out of Green Bay followed by the pathetic is he or isn't he retirement charades the last few years, I've changed my opinion of the guy. I stand by my assertion that he is a dream killer, and any title chances the Vikes have rest more in the legs of AP than the arm of #4. *Were it not for a guy named Desmond Howard, we'd talk about Favre being the greatest QB never to have won anything.*
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
massphatness 12:26 PM 10-12-2010
I don't know what the hell caused all the asterisks in my post above. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:01 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Let me clarify.

Used to be a loveable hick.

Now he's just a self-absorbed d*ck.

Maybe he always was and my eyes were glossed over all his years in GB. :-)

:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASBJJBIZVmk

Bad to the bone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2pIvg-2vEY
[Reply]
shilala 01:14 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Posted via Mobile Device
I want to have Brett Farve's baby. Even if it's a little awkward.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:16 PM 10-12-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know either, but I was looking for the footnotes
[Reply]
Volusianator 01:47 PM 10-12-2010
Trying to do this on my phone, so I apologize in advance for any sloppiness.*

First off, no offense taken. Not having a clue is often how Grace describes me. I didn't take it as a personal shot but rather thought I may have touched a nerve based on the response. If Volusianator and Favre are buds, I can understand his jumping to #4s defense. *I am just as prone to sometimes blindly defending my friends even when the situation may not be fully warranted.*

I do not know Brett Favre. I am not in a position to have first-hand knowledge of his motivations and interactions with any of his four NFL teams. *In that sense, I suppose I don't have a clue.*

I do know what my eyeballs tell me though. *And my eyeballs tell me Favre is a me-first player who's agenda begins and ends with Brett Favre. *Does he have a passion for the game? *Probably, but it's not mutually exclusive of his narcissitic personality. Favre's all about winning? *Maybe. *So long as he's the reason for the winning. My eyeballs tell me he wants to be throwing the football and scoring on spectular, improvised plays. *He does not, for example, want to hand the ball off to AP 25 times a game - even if that gives the TEAM the best shot at winning. *There are guys who crave the ball in their hand with the game on the line. I believe Favre is one of those guys. But I also believe he consistently puts his team in the position where he needs to "lead" them back because he doesn't play smart: *he plays for the greater glory of Brett Favre.

I used to respect the guy. I used to buy the whole aw-shucks, gunslinger personnae. But after riding a river of crocodile tears out of Green Bay followed by the pathetic is he or isn't he retirement charades the last few years, I've changed my opinion of the guy. I stand by my assertion that he is a dream killer, and any title chances the Vikes have rest more in the legs of AP than the arm of #4. *Were it not for a guy named Desmond Howard, we'd talk about Favre being the greatest QB never to have won anything.*
Posted via Mobile Device
I was looking for the footnotes as well! :-)

We all have the right to our opinions, and at the end of the day, all that matters is that we enjoyed our cigars.
[Reply]
Zens7s 02:05 PM 10-12-2010
1) Packers

who's the second team? :-)
Hey there Sugartits, last I checked we are 4-1 and the Pack is 3-2. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:11 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Zens7s:
Hehe. Sugartits. :-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:17 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by Zens7s:
If "we" is the Bears, then yeah, the statement I was quoting was that with the Vikings playing so poorly, there's only two teams in the division to offer competition to the Bears. I was saying the Packers and who else, God knows the Lions are no threat. Then again, with all the injuries to the Packers, we're probably not much either.
[Reply]
Zens7s 02:21 PM 10-12-2010
If "we" is the Bears, then yeah, the statement I was quoting was that with the Vikings playing so poorly, there's only two teams in the division to offer competition to the Bears. I was saying the Packers and who else, God knows the Lions are no threat. Then again, with all the injuries to the Packers, we're probably not much either.
Out of sheer pity I cheered when the Lions won this week. Of course I'd already smoked three cigars and had about four whiskeys by then so I may have actually been rooting for the drywall for all I know.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up