Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Sports>Booyah! Heees back... Go Vikings
larryinlc 01:34 PM 11-01-2010
I heard that Favre didn't like him anymore. Boom! Gone!:-)

Larry
[Reply]
Gophernut 01:40 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
I heard that Favre didn't like him anymore. Boom! Gone!:-)

Larry
If that was the case, then Childress would have been gone after last week!:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 01:41 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
If that was the case, then Childress would have been gone after last week!:-)
Last week? I think you mean the first preseason game he played in LAST year!
[Reply]
pektel 01:41 PM 11-01-2010
Glad I didn't watch the game. Not gonna watch next week either.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:43 PM 11-01-2010
Hey Brad, how about we get rid of Captain Interception? :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 01:48 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Last week? I think you mean the first preseason game he played in LAST year!
Good point.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 01:52 PM 11-01-2010
This will never happen due to the way the Steelers handle players but I would love to see him in the BnG. They need a big time playmaking WR. Moss, Wallace and Ward would be very tough.
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:55 PM 11-01-2010
Jeez, this team has more drama than Dallas and "Who Shot J.R.?"
[Reply]
icehog3 02:21 PM 11-01-2010
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:22 PM 11-01-2010
Well that was quick.
[Reply]
pektel 04:12 PM 11-01-2010
Didn't watch the game last night. Not watching next week either. Who needs the headache?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:32 PM 11-01-2010
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:42 PM 11-01-2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-281576
[Reply]
Wanger 06:14 AM 11-02-2010

This picture sums up how I feel about everything that's gone on with this team. PLEASE, for the love of god...FIRE HIM! WTF!?!?!?!? If he was a decent coach and had a track record of winning, then maybe I'd cut him some slack, but he doesn't. He's out of touch with his players and makes poor decisions on a regular basis, both in relation to games and personnell moves. Who wants to play for a coach who would cut someone on Christmas eve because they didn't like something the player said (who was also the team's leading receiver at the time) or suspend a player who spent "too much time" with his family after the grandmother who raised him died.

Moss may have dogged it a few times, but he is also still VERY dangerous as a player, and his presence on the field opens up other areas of the field for other players. Because of the way other teams have to game plan for him and roll coverages his way, and what he does to the defensive alignment, I'll live with him taking some plays off, and maybe resting for the big burst that still has to beat a double team when needed (ala the Jets).

F@#$ Brad Childress and the sh#!ty job he's done. I'm still a Vikings fan, but don't know that I will care much again until he's GONE. Who's got a bandwagon I can jump on? (won't be an NFC North team or the Cowgirls...OK, maybe I'd jump on one of THE Dallas Cowgirls :-))
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 06:42 AM 11-02-2010
I think Brad Childress is on very thin ice? the owner wanted Moss.
If you need a bandwagon jump on ours, the Pats will be very competitive and are getting stronger every week:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:09 AM 11-02-2010
Moss may have dogged it a few times, but he is also still VERY dangerous as a player, and his presence on the field opens up other areas of the field for other players. Because of the way other teams have to game plan for him and roll coverages his way, and what he does to the defensive alignment, I'll live with him taking some plays off, and maybe resting for the big burst that still has to beat a double team when needed... :-))
Does anyone remember Randy's "I'll play when I want to play" speech?
That's definitely a very dangerous player. For whatever team he's on.
I'd go so far as to say he's had absolute zero positive impact since he's came to Minnesota. The fact that no one takes him seriously is probably the tipping point in the last four games. The Vikes are thin. If Randy Moss comes in and plays the way he can play, he's a big help to the club. Instead, he comes in and hurts the club by allowing opposing defenses to NOT key on him, which is what happened.
Add to that the locker room cancer he carries with him everywhere, and you've got a guy who is definitely very dangerous. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:49 AM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Does anyone remember Randy's "I'll play when I want to play" speech?
That's definitely a very dangerous player. For whatever team he's on.
I'd go so far as to say he's had absolute zero positive impact since he's came to Minnesota. The fact that no one takes him seriously is probably the tipping point in the last four games. The Vikes are thin. If Randy Moss comes in and plays the way he can play, he's a big help to the club. Instead, he comes in and hurts the club by allowing opposing defenses to NOT key on him, which is what happened.
Add to that the locker room cancer he carries with him everywhere, and you've got a guy who is definitely very dangerous. :-)
I do understand what you're saying, as far as questioning his effort, but the defenses HAVE rolled coverage his way. They stack a safety behind the CB on his side. Teams have also had a LB out there to chuck him. If they get him with 1:1 coverage, why wouldn't Favervarevravervarvervarvereva call an audible and have him run a go route right past the DB?

Look at the numbers Harvin has put up since Moss's arrival (receiving and rushing). AP has done well, also, with the D more spread out. Take him off the field, and it's a LOT easier for defenses to game plan and defend against the MN offense. Stack the box, because there is no-one outside to truly worry about.

Just my :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:50 AM 11-02-2010
I do understand what you're saying, as far as questioning his effort, but the defenses HAVE rolled coverage his way. They stack a safety behind the CB on his side. Teams have also had a LB out there to chuck him. If they get him with 1:1 coverage, why wouldn't Favervarevravervarvervarvereva call an audible and have him run a go route right past the DB?

Look at the numbers Harvin has put up since Moss's arrival (receiving and rushing). AP has done well, also, with the D more spread out. Take him off the field, and it's a LOT easier for defenses to game plan and defend against the MN offense. Stack the box, because there is no-one outside to truly worry about.

Just my :-)
On one level I agree with you, but looking at the whole picture, I think ANY half decent wr would give you as much benefit as Moss. I'd go so far to say that with any other wr, you're likely to win.
Why wouldn't Farve call an audible and have Moss run a route past the db? Because he's pouting and won't hear it, or it's too much effort for him to run a route when it's not "his turn".
Moss didn't get sh1tcanned because he's helping the team. Seriously.
"What he can do" on paper doesn't help unless he brings it to the field.
Imagine what he'd have done for the Vikes if he wasn't such a dick? It makes me sad. I truly fault Moss' play for the Vike's woes since he showed up. Things didn't work out like Childress hoped. It was another Ill-advised move on his part, I think. I'm not sure who's idea the Moss acquisition was, but it smells like a Childress. So I might owe him an apology. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 11:12 AM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
On one level I agree with you, but looking at the whole picture, I think ANY half decent wr would give you as much benefit as Moss. I'd go so far to say that with any other wr, you're likely to win.
Why wouldn't Farve call an audible and have Moss run a route past the db? Because he's pouting and won't hear it, or it's too much effort for him to run a route when it's not "his turn".
Moss didn't get sh1tcanned because he's helping the team. Seriously.
"What he can do" on paper doesn't help unless he brings it to the field.
Imagine what he'd have done for the Vikes if he wasn't such a dick? It makes me sad. I truly fault Moss' play for the Vike's woes since he showed up. Things didn't work out like Childress hoped. It was another Ill-advised move on his part, I think. I'm not sure who's idea the Moss acquisition was, but it smells like a Childress. So I might owe him an apology. :-)
Acquisition was Wilf. I don't think that Chilly was ever on board with it. A superstar receiver with a questionable history is NOT something he'd ever go for. He seems to think his SYSTEM is what wins games, not having the more talented players. A couple years ago, he called it a "kick-ass" offense. It's been anything but that. They had opportunities to get a top shelf receiver in the preseason, but never went for one. Then acquiring Moss...they HAD to know what they were getting. Chilly likely never wanted him in the first place, and got rid of him as soon as he could.

And, his impact had not just been on paper. Look at the defensive alignments that we've seen since he was here Safeties were deeper and rolled to Moss's side. Seriously, I've noticed it more. They aren't crowding the box, intent on stopping Peterson only. You think any DB will be scared of Bernard Berrian or Greg Lewis or Hank Baskett? Harvin will now be covered by the #1DB every game, thus ending any mismatch he created before. At the very minimum, having him on the field as a decoy seemed to keep teams honest and from stacking the box against AP. Now, that won't happen. By jettisoning him, and keeping Chilly, this team has essentially thrown the season away. I think it may be in Faevrearvearervarvervarevravervavrer's best interest to leave now, before he gets killed in a lost and meaningless last season.
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:02 PM 11-02-2010
I think it may be in Faevrearvearervarvervarevravervavrer's best interest to leave now, before he gets killed in a lost and meaningless last season.
I also have been wondering if that will happen. Favre may just decide the hassle isn't worth it and retire.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up