Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Favorite Sushi Restaurants
bvilchez 03:32 PM 02-17-2011
Out here in Dana Point off the 5 freeway there is one called Kotobuki. I believe the owner has one in Las Vegas as well. When we go we don't order anything off the menu except our drinks. Hiro, who is the owner and master chef, just starts going at it and serves us. Sometimes he'll just create things on the fly.

Every other year on the 4th of July he holds a buffet for his 100 closest customers. We go every time and it's all you can eat for $55 a person on that day.
[Reply]
hscmit 03:33 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Out here in Dana Point off the 5 freeway there is one called Kotobuki. I believe the owner has one in Las Vegas as well. When we go we don't order anything off the menu except our drinks. Hiro, who is the owner and master chef, just starts going at it and serves us. Sometimes he'll just create things on the fly.

Every other year on the 4th of July he holds a buffet for his 100 closest customers. We go every time and it's all you can eat for $55 a person on that day.
that sounds awesome
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 03:44 PM 02-17-2011
There is a chain called Ra that has a wonderful happy hour and has some really good, unique offerings.
[Reply]
76GTFan 07:45 AM 02-20-2011
New Japanese and karaoke restaurant in Athens GA.

[Reply]
HK3- 08:57 AM 03-22-2011
While in VA last week I went to a place in Midlothian called Yamatos Steak House. My buddy and thrashed a Love Boat for 4. 40 pieces of sashimi, 20 pieces of sushi, 4 rolls. We could have eaten more after we were done. Do they make a Love Boat for 6? :-)
[Reply]
Lear31MX 10:57 AM 03-22-2011
This is going to sound strange but one of the best places I've eaten at was the sushi bar in side the Circus Circus hotel in Reno. I was doing work there a few years back and a co-worker said they had a great menu, I was really reluctant to let some Clown serve me raw food, but I'm glad I did it wa great.
[Reply]
poker 11:12 AM 03-22-2011
Local in the Gardena, CA area are two I favor:

Sakae Sushi
Sushi Bei

In Hollywood I would have to give it to Yamashiro's. Stupid expensive, but an experience.
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:13 PM 03-22-2011
We just had a recent one open nearby my house right off of the I-15 in Wildomar, CA. It's actually a sushi buffet and I have to admit they have a good sushi menu and don't rush you or bring everything to your table at once. They even have a kid's menu which is a must for me.

Sushi Den is the name.
[Reply]
swh127 12:15 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
In Orlando, Amura rules and it's next door to Corona Cigar.
I actually got to try them two weeks ago. Their spicy chirashi was phenomenal.
[Reply]
racerX 02:16 PM 03-22-2011
Denver CO - sushi Den
Portland - Sinju (agree with Markem post on page 1). There are 3 Sinju in Oregon but the bridgeport one south of portland imo is best.
Salt lake city - happy Sumo at the gateway. Maybe a better one in SLC, but this one works for me.
Vegas - the old one at the Bellagio was better than the new one, but it is still good. I miss the jellyfish fish tank. The one at TI is good, and the one at Mandalay Bay is good and has fast service if your flying solo or in a hurry.
Scottsdale AZ - Roka Akor (amazing but not cheap)

Now I'm hungry.
[Reply]
qsalinas 01:41 PM 04-06-2011
If you live out in Katy Texas you should know or you should go and eat at Sushi Hana. There are 2 locations, one on Mason Rd and the other is on 99. Their Salmon is the best ever so smooth it melts in your mouth not in your hands. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up