Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 38
< 123 4513 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
Mr.Erskine 11:21 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Mr. I answered my wish!! Tigers sign Prince Fielder today, 9 years $214million :-) Now what to do when Vmart comes back from injury..

Prince Fielder Signing

My next wish, Mr. Illitch is for my own 9 year $214million contract. Or a job in the front office when I graduate :-)
You know what happens when bloated players are given bloated contracts, right? THey ****.
kelmac07 01:48 PM 01-25-2012
Not sure if Cabrera can hold it down at third base. He last played the position about 80 pounds ago.
GreekGodX 02:21 PM 01-25-2012
Prince's weight will be fine. He turned vegetarian a few years ago. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just maintain :-)
crazyirishman 02:26 PM 01-25-2012
I think that the signing of Prince Fielder was not the best possible move roster wise.

Unless we pitch V-Mart for some extra spending cash, there's going to be some locker room tension, unless they rotate Miggy and Prince at first base, but I'm sure that he made the Tigers guarantee him an everyday playing spot for signing since he wasn't really the happiest to be here anyway.
GreekGodX 01:18 PM 01-26-2012
Just heard from Leyland during Prince Fielder's press conference that Cabrera will be playing 3rd base. Good news is Tigers don't have to deal with Inge's bat in the lineup everyday. Bad news is Tigers will probably be one of worst defensive teams in baseball. Cabrera better get on that diet plan now.
Posted via Mobile Device
GreekGodX 01:22 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
I think that the signing of Prince Fielder was not the best possible move roster wise.

Unless we pitch V-Mart for some extra spending cash, there's going to be some locker room tension, unless they rotate Miggy and Prince at first base, but I'm sure that he made the Tigers guarantee him an everyday playing spot for signing since he wasn't really the happiest to be here anyway.
From the reports I heard, they asked Cabrera if he was alright with the signing and possibly moving or sharing time at 1st before it happened. So no tension in the lockeroom. Plus the one thing that will always squash locker room tension is, winning. Let's see how the season plays out. I can see an argument that it was too much money or too many years but not that there will be tension. Too much talent is a good problem to have.
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 01:27 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
From the reports I heard, they asked Cabrera if he was alright with the signing and possibly moving or sharing time at 1st before it happened. So no tension in the lockeroom. Plus the one thing that will always squash locker room tension is, winning. Let's see how the season plays out. I can see an argument that it was too much money or too many years but not that there will be tension. Too much talent is a good problem to have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not to mention that VMart is a non-factor for 2012. Let's get a title in 2012, then we can worry about 2013. :-)
shilala 02:31 PM 01-26-2012
Prince can stroke the ball, but he clogs up the bases. I'm trying to get my head around the numbers, and it's a mystery to me. Add speed and defense to that power and it makes sense, but damn, man.
I think he's going to do well this year and only continue to get better, but the weight is definately going to start wrecking his body long before 9 years is up. That's just common sense. Fortunately he can DH now, that's where I expect to see him halfway through contract year #5.
I do love the fat bastage. Nice to see Detroit taking care of Jimmy Leland. I love that sumb1tch, too. :-)
icehog3 02:59 PM 01-26-2012
I wish Leyland was my grandpa.
kelmac07 07:35 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Prince can stroke the ball, but he clogs up the bases. I'm trying to get my head around the numbers, and it's a mystery to me. Add speed and defense to that power and it makes sense, but damn, man.
I think he's going to do well this year and only continue to get better, but the weight is definately going to start wrecking his body long before 9 years is up. That's just common sense. Fortunately he can DH now, that's where I expect to see him halfway through contract year #5.
I do love the fat bastage. Nice to see Detroit taking care of Jimmy Leland. I love that sumb1tch, too. :-)
Clogs up the bases? He's 3X faster than Cabrera.
icehog3 10:57 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Clogs up the bases? He's 3X faster than Cabrera.
Prince and Miguel can jog the bases after jacking 'em out of Comerica. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:13 PM 01-26-2012
I'm looking forward to see how Ventura does this year for Chicago..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4yNl6mVj4
icehog3 11:15 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I'm looking forward to see how Ventura does this year for Chicago..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4yNl6mVj4
Can't do much worse than he did in the fight versus Old Man Nolan. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddrB7F66iM
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:17 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't do much worse than he did in the fight versus Old Man Nolan. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddrB7F66iM
You call that a "fight":-)
icehog3 11:17 PM 01-26-2012
You call that a "fight":-)
One guy was in one. :-)
icehog3 11:19 PM 01-26-2012
Ventura was a "shoot the puck" contestant at the Hawks game I was at Tuesday night. He was better at baseball than he was at hockey....and fighting. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:20 PM 01-26-2012
http://www.csnchicago.com/sportsnetC...on-ventura.htm

I don't know, we'll see what happens. He was a hell of a player, hell of a guy, maybe he can be a hell of a manager.
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:22 PM 01-26-2012
One guy was in one. :-)
Nolan maybe got his girly hands on him a few times:-)
icehog3 11:30 PM 01-26-2012
http://www.csnchicago.com/sportsnetC...on-ventura.htm

I don't know, we'll see what happens. He was a hell of a player, hell of a guy, maybe he can be a hell of a manager.
Now if only he had Verlander, Scherzer, Cabrera, Fielder, Valverde, Avila and Delmon Young. :-)

Nolan maybe got his girly hands on him a few times:-)
Rather beat someone with girly hands than take a beating from them! :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:30 AM 01-27-2012
Now if only he had Verlander, Scherzer, Cabrera, Fielder, Valverde, Avila and Delmon Young. :-)
Nah, we'll be fine with what we have. If we see any improvement from Rios, Bacon, and Dunn then we'll be there towards September.. Then things get interesting. I think the biggest thing is playing well as a team, and hopefully Robin can bring a good vibe to the Sox.

Also, did you jump ship to the Tigers Tom?
Page 3 of 38
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up