Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>How do you moderate?
gnukfu 01:51 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Moderation comes in only 2 forms:

1. Financial necessity or
2. Space constraints.

Since coolers are relatively cheap... see point # 1.

:-)
Dave

Don't remind me of the empty 120 quart cooler sitting in my garage! I forgot all about that! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:05 PM 02-17-2009

2. Space constraints.

That's pretty much the epitomy of the Anti-Moderator.
I just made a note to myself to not ask you for any purchase avoidance advice.
[Reply]
tzaddi 02:05 PM 02-17-2009
Scott, my need to consume, touch and play with tobacco is somewhat placated by the demands that growing, drying, curing, aging and storing tobacco provides.

With a crop underway for this year your personal experiment utilizing this theory is underway, see if it doesn't work for you. :-)

Edit: You would be amazed at the amount of tobaccos seductive essence is absorbed through the skin when tending, sorting, rolling and what-not.
[Reply]
shilala 04:21 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by tzaddi:
Scott, my need to consume, touch and play with tobacco is somewhat placated by the demands that growing, drying, curing, aging and storing tobacco provides.

With a crop underway for this year your personal experiment utilizing this theory is underway, see if it doesn't work for you. :-)

Edit: You would be amazed at the amount of tobaccos seductive essence is absorbed through the skin when tending, sorting, rolling and what-not.
I can't wait to smoke those home rolls you sent. They smell amazing and they're ready to go.
I imagine this will do just the opposite of what I'd hope would happen with this obsession, but I'm gonna dive in anyways. :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 05:11 PM 02-17-2009
My 20 count humi kept me from buying more then 20 so,

purchased a 100 count humi which kept me from buying more then 120 so,

put together a Plexiglas 300 count humi which kept me from buying more then 420 so,

purchased a cabinet and put all my cigars in it which keeps me from buying more then 1500 cigars so,

I am building a walk-in and will have to assume budget will keep me from filling it, at least for some time. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:14 PM 02-17-2009
Easy!

No job = no money = less cigars :-D
[Reply]
DBall 05:41 PM 02-17-2009
Moderate? I leave that to the team of 11.

Seriously, these are great points:

Originally Posted by Seanohue:
By not having money :-)
&
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Once all my containers are full of cigars I stop buying them. :-)
However, in truth, it boils down to this:

Originally Posted by Darrell:
Not very well.

[Reply]
MikeyC 06:21 PM 02-17-2009

2. Space constraints.

If you're not married then I think Dave's post about sums it up. :-)

On a serious note, I do pretty regularly go through my collection and "cull the herd" so to speak. Anything that I don't think is going to be smoked in the near future gets the axe. Near future at this point I think means in the next 4-5 years. :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 06:39 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Seanohue:
By not having money :-)
Ditto. Also why my humidor has never been full. LOL But I have something to smoke foe the weekends and occasionally through the week.
[Reply]
groogs 07:21 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I married a moderator. :-)
:-) But I still seem to buy a LOT of cigars withought taking to much grief. I just bought a house, so I think that will suck up my excess budget, and end my crazy purchases...For a little while anyways.:-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 07:27 PM 02-17-2009
You could rent out a basement suite and use the procedes of that to buy more cigars!!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:20 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
So what you are saying, then, is that if your collection grows without any signs of moderation or control, its is really your wife's fault. I like that angle. It maintains your ability to buy the cigars, while divorcing you of any responsibility or accountability. It seems you have turned your cigar purchasing process into a government program. Clever!
Funny using that word in a post about blaming one's wife. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up