Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cuban Taste?
Christiel49 07:04 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
I am actually looking for a woman to share my stash with. Sort of a dowry. But barring success in that,
How do you look in a wig?
LMFAO! Exactly what I was thinking. 2 lifetimes worth? Hummm
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
guitar4001 07:07 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Christiel49:
LMFAO! Exactly what I was thinking. 2 lifetimes worth? Hummm
Posted via Mobile Device
I would make a rough looking woman. I wouldn't wanna date me.
[Reply]
OLS 07:02 AM 03-15-2011
Ask Tom Icehog, I am walking FAAR too thin a line on this lately, ROFLMAO.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Ask Tom Icehog, I am walking FAAR too thin a line on this lately, ROFLMAO.
Could be worse, Brad. Could be Peter.

[Reply]
Blueface 09:01 AM 03-15-2011
Cuban Taste?

Can be expensive if married to my wife.:-)
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:41 AM 03-15-2011
How quick this thread got derailed, haha
[Reply]
icehog3 01:13 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
How quick this thread got derailed, haha
Once the relevant points are made, it is usually time for some joking in the Asylum....sorry if we took you off course Brother. :-)
[Reply]
DennisP 01:18 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Once the relevant points are made, it is usually time for some joking in the Asylum....sorry if we took you off course Brother. :-)
Joking? There is NOTHING funny about that picture!
[Reply]
floydpink 01:25 PM 03-15-2011
Anyone seen Moki?:-)
[Reply]
DennisP 01:29 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Anyone seen Moki?:-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:05 AM 03-16-2011
flynnster, send me your address so I can send you the CA newsletter to keep you on the up and up
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:28 AM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No problem man,other than the nightmares from the picture!!
[Reply]
guitar4001 09:32 AM 03-16-2011
what were we discussing again?
[Reply]
Flynnster 09:37 AM 03-16-2011
OLS seems to be looking for a mate. Woman or man in wig. Good to know he isn't picky.
[Reply]
guitar4001 09:39 AM 03-16-2011
oh that's right. OLS, you need to hit up biggals.com.
[Reply]
Stinky 12:58 PM 03-20-2011
What do Cuban cigars taste like? O! M! G!

I gotta give this one a try:

Yes. Cuban cigars have a unique flavor and aroma. The flavors in various Cuban brands and blends are as diverse as any other brand or country in the world. However, most of the "Super Premium" Cuban brands have that unique flavor & aroma. But, not all! REMEMBER: It's STILL a cigar! Cuban cigars are still made with CIGAR TOBACCO! And never forget: When Castro took over, he nationalized all business. The cigar farmers & cigar makers ALL left! They were very prosperous businessmen and refused to work for the "state". They ended up around the world and are now the people growing and rolling the BEST cigars from everywhere else in the world. Cuban cigars are made by their Government! Hmmmm.

I guess a better question would be: "In your opinion, is the flavor & aroma of Cuban cigars better?"
. . . or another question would be: "Is the difference in Cuban cigars worth all the hub-bub?"

Here's my opinion(s):
Many of the super-premium Cuban cigars are very good.
I simply believe that the (little) difference is not worth all the extra costs & risks.
JMHO

Cuban cigars are supposed to be composed from ALL Cuban-grown tobaccos. (FYI: rumors in the industry say Cuba is buying tobacco from other countries because they simply cannot keep up with their demand) If you smoked "puros" cigars from Nicaragua, Cuba, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Porto Rico, Brazil, Ecuador, Dominican Republic(?), etc. and they were each made totally with tobaccos grown in that country. . . you'll soon realize that tobacco from each country has a unique flavor/aroma.

Every time I read or discuss Cuban cigars, I'm compelled to share my findings which are confirmed by the famed writers in most cigar books and all cigar magazines:

95-percent of all Cuban cigars that make their way into the USA are counterfeit! The black-market for Cuban cigars is very strong based on the GIGANTIC mark-up! The REAL counterfeiters are in production just like any other cigar company. They exist in numerous countries including CUBA! Read up, guys!~

And, don't kid yourself! There are abundant stories about authorized Habanos dealers who get a big kick out of selling their black market fakes to the suckers in the USA! They know 95% of the Americans just don't know the difference! And, I understand this might be difficult for some of you to believe . . . but, most of them . . . just want your money! They are VERY nice to you and treat you like a 'bro' . . . but, in the end, they just want the US Dollars!

So? You think your Cubans are real? Could be! I'm just sayin' . . . You think you're in the elite 5% who have the real-deal and a direct Cuban connection? Good for you, if you do. You think you can tell if it's real by smoking one?
[Reply]
pnoon 01:06 PM 03-20-2011
On this point, I think we all can agree.
:-)
Originally Posted by Stinky:

Here's my opinion(s):

[Reply]
borndead1 01:17 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
To me, the most like a Cuban is the original Cabaiguan and only after a year or two of age on them.
I agree. Also IMO the Tatuaje Red Label churchill and a little known line of cigars called Cacique Miami, made by Tabacalera Tropical. But it's not the "same" flavor. Sort of like an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" type flavor. It's almost there.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:20 PM 03-20-2011
Oh man, the infamous and very much statistically unfounded 95% rule and therefore we are smoking fakes.
When will that BS story cease to surface?

Some still believe in the tooth fairy also.
[Reply]
pektel 01:23 PM 03-20-2011
I was thinking the same thing. How could they statistically analyze black market?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up