Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>Shutter Island (2010)
Adriftpanda 01:28 AM 02-23-2010
I was not super crazy about this movie. I guess I had too high of an expectation for it.
[Reply]
stevenrokz 02:09 AM 02-23-2010
I like Leonardo, haven't seen many of his films, trailer depicts impressive sequence. I will think about it.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:28 AM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I was not super crazy about this movie. I guess I had too high of an expectation for it.
You cried in Avatar so your opinion is invalid, Wii. :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:14 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
:-) HA did not.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:21 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by stevenrokz:
I like Leonardo, haven't seen many of his films, trailer depicts impressive sequence. I will think about it.
Check out Romeo and Juliet, Gangs of New York, and The Aviator. The Baketball Diaries was good too.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:14 AM 02-25-2010
Read on Wikipedia that Dicraprio is interested in playing Roland in a Dark Tower project. Christian Bale is also interested, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hotreds 11:16 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I did, out of disgust!
[Reply]
the nub 11:36 AM 02-25-2010
I thought it was mediocre and predictable. I wouldn't watch it more than once.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:00 AM 02-26-2010
Katie and I saw it last week and I figured it out within the first 30 minutes. Kind of made the rest very predictable.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:42 AM 02-26-2010
BTW, don't read the Wikipedia article on this movie if you plan to go see it. They give away the ending in the plot summary. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:47 AM 02-26-2010
See, to me movies aren't about the "twist" ending or figuring it out before the movie gets there. Its about the story telling and the journey you're taken on. I guess my view on movies is more about the ride than the destination.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:57 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
See, to me movies aren't about the "twist" ending or figuring it out before the movie gets there. Its about the story telling and the journey you're taken on. I guess my view on movies is more about the ride than the destination.
:-)

I agree 100%
[Reply]
longknocker 11:00 AM 02-26-2010
I Agree With You, Dustin; I Just Want To Be "Entertained".
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:03 AM 02-26-2010
EXACTLY!!!

Take for instance Fight Club. When Fight Club first came out I went to see it with my Dad. 45 minutes into the movie he leans over and says "I figured out what's going on" and then proceeded to not enjoy the rest of the movie. Afterwards while discussing the movie I said to him "Dad, even though you figured out the twist early on couldn't you recognize the brilliance of the storytelling for the rest of the movie? It was clearly well-done and well thought out." He just shrugged and said "Once I figured it out it just wasn't as enjoyable".

I guess that's the difference between the two groups of movie goers. Imagine our conversations after we both saw Magnolia LOL :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 01:02 PM 02-26-2010
Don't get me wrong, it was still a good movie. I just wish I hadn't figured it out so early. I did enjoy it though.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:20 PM 02-26-2010
Understandable. In my opinion the trailer for the film did a disservice to the plot. But since it was pushed back by the studios to movie wasteland of February I can understand the need to draw people in.
[Reply]
smitdavi 03:00 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Understandable. In my opinion the trailer for the film did a disservice to the plot. But since it was pushed back by the studios to movie wasteland of February I can understand the need to draw people in.
When I saw the trailer I thought it was going to be a lot more scarier than it actually was.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:54 AM 02-27-2010
Saw This Movie last Night With My Wife. Both Of Us Thought It Was One Of The Worst Movies We've Ever Seen. Very Slow Moving & A Ridiculous Plot. Gangs Of New York Was A Much Better Leo Movie, IMHO.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 02:46 PM 02-28-2010
My wife and I liked this movie. It wasn't great but it was pretty damn good. I never felt like I knew what was really going on. I always had inklings as to what was going on but never really could crack the code. It was nothing like I was expecting. Leo did a great job and the music really added to the whole experience. Also, it didn't feel like a 2.5hr movie. Definitely got my moneys worth.

EDIT: I'm surprised that people here knew EXACTLY what was going on. I had a pretty good idea about some of the twists but the entire twist I didn't guess.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up