Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 4513 > Last »
Entertainment>Sons of Anarchy Season 2 - DISCUSSION THREAD
Darrell 05:54 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ah...I was thinking that statement had to do with Jax's Dad.....now I see what it might really mean, Joe.
I think he was referring to Clay having Tig put a bullet in Donna's head thinking it was Opie. I do however think it could possibly be in reference to Jax's dad.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:33 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I think he was referring to Clay having Tig put a bullet in Donna's head thinking it was Opie. I do however think it could possibly be in reference to Jax's dad.
They have pretty well established that John Teller died several days after being hit by a truck. Now... he could be using the "bullet" in a generic sense - as if he was thinking about being taken out like we assume his father was...

But I don't think Jax has gone there yet... don't think he is questioning his dad's death - yet. Will probably happen by end of this season as a lead in to year 3. Sutter does make reference to the fact that Jax is "Hamlet" to Clay's "King Claudius."

I did find it interesting to find out that:
Originally Posted by :
According to an interview with Kurt Sutter, the pilot episode was entirely shot with actor Scott Glenn in the role of Clay Morrow. After deciding to go in a different direction with the character, the role was re-cast with Ron Perlman and Clay's scenes were re-shot.
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
They have pretty well established that John Teller died several days after being hit by a truck. Now... he could be using the "bullet" in a generic sense - as if he was thinking about being taken out like we assume his father was...

But I don't think Jax has gone there yet... don't think he is questioning his dad's death - yet. Will probably happen by end of this season as a lead in to year 3. Sutter does make reference to the fact that Jax is "Hamlet" to Clay's "King Claudius."

I did find it interesting to find out that:

Wow...it would be cool to see those Scott Glenn scenes...maybe youtube someday?
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:59 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wow...it would be cool to see those Scott Glenn scenes...maybe youtube someday?
Would LOVE to see how Scott Glenn interpreted the character of Clay. Don't get me wrong, though... I'm a big fan of Perlman! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:11 PM 09-01-2009
Would LOVE to see how Scott Glenn interpreted the character of Clay. Don't get me wrong, though... I'm a big fan of Perlman! :-)
Me too, but I would love to see others' interpretations of many roles. Like watching Buddy Ebsen at the Tin Man. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 06:48 PM 09-02-2009
Does anyone have any objections to me asking Tom to prune this thread when Season 2 actually starts?

(That means delete all of the other posts aside from my original so we can have a "clean" 2nd season discussion.) :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:11 PM 09-02-2009
Does anyone have any objections to me asking Tom to prune this thread when Season 2 actually starts?

(That means delete all of the other posts aside from my original so we can have a "clean" 2nd season discussion.) :-)
All of the banter and theories don't bother me... but I wont be devastated if y'all want to pull all of my ramblings out. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:13 PM 09-02-2009
All of the banter and theories don't bother me... but I wont be devastated if y'all want to pull all of my ramblings out. :-)
Good point, we can just keep em. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:29 PM 09-02-2009
Good point, we can just keep em. :-)
Seems I remember being a member of another cigar board... they had LOTS of posts disappear. Even entire threads went missing! :-)
[Reply]
dogface_313 08:41 PM 09-02-2009
should be a good season. can't wait.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 08:48 PM 09-02-2009
I too am anxious, satellite has been playing season 1 all summer. Looks like they have a lot in store for us. Fantastic cast, they all do an incredible job, of course they have to with Katey Sagal performing as great as she is.
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 08:57 PM 09-02-2009
I played poker with Charlie Hunnam for about an 1 hour or so. It was at Taser's Hold'Em for Heroes Poker Tournament. Not sure if he will be at this year tournament.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:30 AM 09-03-2009
Originally Posted by hornitosmonster:
I played poker with Charlie Hunnam for about an 1 hour or so. It was at Taser's Hold'Em for Heroes Poker Tournament. Not sure if he will be at this year tournament.
Nice guy?
[Reply]
trader1974 11:25 AM 09-03-2009
It's ridiculous how much I am looking forward to this show starting. I can't wait.:-)
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 08:26 AM 09-04-2009

Maybe rename this thread to "Pre-season discussion thread" and start a new one for Tuesday? :-)

Not that I don't like prunes:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:00 AM 09-05-2009
I finished watching Season 1 last night, man I love this show. I can't wait for Tuesday. I've set it on BOTH of my DVR's. :-)

It's really going to be interesting to see where this goes. I know Piney def. has Jax back, but I don't know who else might. I'd hope Opie, but it's hard to say based off the previews for Season 2.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:22 PM 09-07-2009
Tomorrow is the night!

I. Am. ****ing. Stoked.

[Reply]
Darrell 09:12 AM 09-08-2009
Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:00 AM 09-08-2009
Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got my countdown clock going... :-)

I feel like "Rain Man" waiting for Wapner. :-)
[Reply]
trader1974 11:11 AM 09-08-2009
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...is this a long day or what?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up