Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Entertainment>Top Gear
longknocker 04:14 PM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Ok, so I know I must be the last guy to see this show.

Been living out of the States for a while and got Dish TV recently down here and have become addicted to BBC and specifically Top Gear.

What a great mixture of humor and fast cars - the only way to improve would be to have Jessica Alba as a co-host.

Any other fans?
Not Really, Travis; Never Watched It!:-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:07 PM 08-18-2010
Well I went and DLed a few episodes. Some season 12 and some season 10.
I could not figurre out a quick way to only grab Vietnam, Boats, etc, but as
luck would have it, I DID get the boatcar episode. I understand where you
guys get the enthusiasm. This show is cool. I have watched snatches of the
boats and ALL of the episode where they get the three snazzy proto cars and
go off looking for the perfect driving road. Which they find in italy finally.
In the end, the 'sad sack' one of the three guys ends up buck naked in the
cockpit pouring bottled water on himself cause he either doesn't have AC in
the Aston Martin he's driving, or it has never worked. (others are in a Orange
Lambo and a Green Porsche.)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 02:29 PM 08-18-2010
Good stuff! I made a conscious decision not to look up episodes because I enjoy watching with my gf every night.

I am not a big car buff however it works on so many levels.

Wonder which one is on tonight?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:32 PM 08-18-2010
The last episode for this season (in hd) was awesome!!!! OK actually Top Gear in HD is awesome...

Brad for good info on Top Gear go to Finalgear.com but don't bother with Fifth Gear..it was a spin off after one of the original guys from Top Gear was "Let Go"

Travis, my gf watches a few episodes with me because, well only because she like the british accent, but one night asked me "What's that cute car he is driving." I looked over and smiled to say "Porsche 911 GT" will you buy me one? Well I am sure you know where this conversation ended..yup at the price haha
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 06:55 AM 09-02-2010
Appears the BBC has lost an injunction to protect the identity of The Stig for a second time.

Wonder how they will handle it?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mithrilG60 07:03 AM 09-02-2010
They'll probably kill off White Stig and bring back Black stig, the filmed that a year or two ago around the first challenge so that'll probably be the route.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:08 AM 09-02-2010
Appears the BBC has lost an injunction to protect the identity of The Stig for a second time.

Wonder how they will handle it?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the whole thing is orchestrated. Bad or contentious press is better than no press. Top Gear is one of the most popular shows in the world, so it is inevitable there will be gossip in Britain.

Everyone knows who the Stig is, but it really does not matter.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 08:20 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Everyone knows who the Stig is, but it really does not matter.
Except to the guy trying to sell his memoir that's claiming to be the Stig, to him it's priceless advertising. I'm just amazed that the Stig is a NASCAR driver :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:30 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Except to the guy trying to sell his memoir that's claiming to be the Stig, to him it's priceless advertising. I'm just amazed that the Stig is a NASCAR driver :-)
Geez, I thought they had Sterling Moss filling in as the Stig.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:18 PM 09-05-2010
Tonight they are racing across Japan!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dooge 08:57 PM 09-07-2010
Do love that show. Have every episode and watch at least one every week.

Strange thing, i have no passion for cars at all.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:58 PM 09-07-2010
Tonight they are racing across Japan!
Posted via Mobile Device
GTR in that right? Badass!
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:26 PM 09-07-2010
Yes you are right, nitrogen in the tires. It was so funny watching the other two guys go from train to train and then the suitcase bikes off the ferry. Such a good show.
[Reply]
Dooge 09:34 PM 09-07-2010
was a good episode that one. I'm a fan of all the epic races. The truffel race was a good one, too.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:41 AM 11-06-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmn-__6XQsM

The STIG!!!!
[Reply]
chachee52 10:55 AM 11-06-2010
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear

New American Top Gear starts Nov 21 on History channel. I don't know if it looks as good though. We shall see. This is the second set of cast in the last couple years. 2 years ago they tried this but scrapped it in a couple of shows.
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 09:54 AM 11-14-2010
Love the show!! I too am in fear of the American version. We just do not have the same type of humor as the Brits. I hope I am wrong and it is as good. Love the episode where they drive the 3 wheel car and it is rolling over at every corner and passersby roll it back over!!
[Reply]
chachee52 06:00 PM 11-28-2010
Anyone watching the new American Top Gear? It's on the History channel on Sunday nights. Last week was the first episode. All i have to say is......... eh:-)
[Reply]
loki 06:42 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by chachee52:
Anyone watching the new American Top Gear? It's on the History channel on Sunday nights. Last week was the first episode. All i have to say is......... eh:-)
the first few seasons of uk top gear were eh too. it takes a while to get a cast to gel
[Reply]
ir13 07:07 PM 11-28-2010
first episode of the US Top Gear sucked IMO.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up