Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Entertainment>What Movie Ending are You Still Unresolved with?
Chingas 09:48 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
I just watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night and thought it was awesome, I'm waiting for the director's cut on Netflix, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts on it. The way I see it, when Donnie says "How to you know I'm not one(superhero)" it's a reference to the fact that he is either prescient alla Dune's Maud Dib, or at the end of the movie learns to master time travel thanks to Grandma Death, either way, the events we see in the movie are what happened before he was able to travel back in time and prevent his lover's and families' deaths by sacrificing himself, or he simply stayed in bed to give up himself and die to prevent the events of the movie he had seen presciently by dying in the accident, either way, the conversations he has with his science teacher are the key to understanding the film!
Thanks Brother. I hear what you're saying but I don't know. Time for a rewatch I suppose!
[Reply]
ucla695 10:45 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Inception....I feel if I rewatch it, it will make more sense.
:-) I'm with you on this one. I think watching it for a third time will clear it up for me. :-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 11:16 AM 08-26-2010
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

1)Allan Quartermain can never be killed by some fruitcake in a mask and a cape
2)Sean Connery can never be killed by some fruitcake in a mask and a cape
3)Everyone knows that witch doctors can use black magic to raise the dead... but rules 1 and two completely negate the fact that he is actually dead to be raised in the first place.
4)Assuming hell hath frozen over and Allan Quartermain IS actually dead... did the witch doctors black magic work?

Come on guys. Sequel already. Jack@$$es. It's not cool to leave us hangin like this.
[Reply]
T.G 11:27 AM 08-26-2010
Debbie Does Dallas.

Did she ever make the real cheerleading squad?
[Reply]
Kreth 12:09 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Debbie Does Dallas.

The scene was originally in the movie, but pulled out at the last second. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 01:09 PM 08-26-2010
Debbie Does Dallas.

Originally Posted by Kreth:
The scene was originally in the movie, but pulled out at the last second. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chingas 01:20 PM 08-26-2010
Debbie Does Dallas.

There was a story line to this?:-):-)

A classic, forever!:-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 02:11 PM 08-26-2010
Total Recall - Is Arnold really on Mars with the girl and the atmosphere, or is he back on earth, spending the rest of his life as a vegetable?
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:53 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
For me, the following are at the top of my list:

2001: A Space Odyssey
The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake with Keanu Reeves)
There is a guy on youtube that gives a pretty good guess at this one (since no one can really decipher Stanley K). He walked through a lot of SK's work. Some I agreed with and some I didn't... With 2001ASO I liked his version. He explains that we evolve each time we discover the black singing rectangle, and at only those points throughout the movie do we ever hear the stone "singing" except for two other times. One is at the intermission while stairing at a black screen, and the other is at the end while going through the light show. The blank movie screen at intermission is actuall the black rectangle turned sideways and the audience (us) is evolving, and half way though the light show it also turns "sideways" to tie in the movie screen as the monument and give us a clue that we are part of the story.
[Reply]
M1903A1 03:14 PM 08-26-2010
Airplane!

I mean, if they were out of fuel, and just belly landed the plane, how did Otto-pilot take off in the plane again?
More important...did the guy in the cab ever get to where he was going? :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 03:19 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
There is a guy on youtube that gives a pretty good guess at this one (since no one can really decipher Stanley K). He walked through a lot of SK's work. Some I agreed with and some I didn't... With 2001ASO I liked his version. He explains that we evolve each time we discover the black singing rectangle, and at only those points throughout the movie do we ever hear the stone "singing" except for two other times. One is at the intermission while stairing at a black screen, and the other is at the end while going through the light show. The blank movie screen at intermission is actuall the black rectangle turned sideways and the audience (us) is evolving, and half way though the light show it also turns "sideways" to tie in the movie screen as the monument and give us a clue that we are part of the story.

Yup. The monolith has the exact same dimensions as movie screens did at that time (no idea if the ratios have been changed since the film was created).
[Reply]
BigCat 03:41 PM 08-26-2010
Pulp Fiction - what's in the briefcase??
[Reply]
md4958 03:49 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by BigCat:
Thats Bao's humidor. It glows from the ballerness of the cigars within.
[Reply]
md4958 03:50 PM 08-26-2010
Up
What happens to Mr Fredrickson? Does he live on the blimp with the talking dogs, or does he go to the retirement home? Also, does he ever fly back to Paradise Falls and visit his house, or get any of his stuff?
[Reply]
The Poet 03:52 PM 08-26-2010
It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Oh, wait . . . that's a different movie, and one that DOES have an ending. Nevermind.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:00 PM 08-26-2010
Not a movie but Twin Peaks left me wanting more. I'd like a movie to tie things up. What about Bob?

MCS
[Reply]
Chingas 08:13 PM 08-26-2010
Marcelus Wallace's Soul

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Not a movie but Twin Peaks left me wanting more. I'd like a movie to tie things up.

MCS

I got to look into that. There is a movie, i believe it's a prequel. I thought they made a movie that tied it togehter.

Mullholland Drive...anyone, anyone?
[Reply]
Kreth 05:36 AM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Marcelus Wallace's Soul
Actually, I read an interview with Tarantino where he said it was delberately kept vague. He also gave a few of his favorite theories that he's heard from fans. Wallace's soul was one, but my favorite was the missing loot from Reservoir Dogs. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
QUAZY50 06:18 AM 08-27-2010
The International.... Very unsatisfying ending.
[Reply]
OLS 07:05 AM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Thats Bao's humidor. It glows from the ballerness of the cigars within.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. It's funny becuase it's TRUE.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up