Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
All Cigar Discussion>Please read. I have sad news.
troutbreath 06:29 AM 02-04-2010
Thoughts and prayers for his family. Thank you for forwarding this to the board.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:34 AM 02-04-2010
Sadly it is not the first Fred...

Prayers for his family.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:35 AM 02-04-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Prayers and thoughts Sent...

It is sad to lose a soldier and fellow BOTL, but it does the heart good to know that we all directly affected this man's life before his untimely passing. He has seen AND smoked cigars directly out of our own humidors and had a couple hours of restful happiness- a small escape from the everyday stresses of life as a soldier- because of our good deeds. If we can't fight the good fight over there with those honorable American soldiers, we should at very least ensure a few moments of relaxation for them. Like I said for what they do for us, it's the least we could do.

May G-d watch over his family and fellow soldiers during this trying time.
I won't even try to say it any better than MJ.

Thoughts and prayers for Dan and his family and those that served with him.
[Reply]
md4958 06:42 AM 02-04-2010
Sad news indeed Fred.

Prayers sent for his family and friends.

:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:43 AM 02-04-2010
Thoughts and prayers sent.

[Reply]
yourchoice 07:06 AM 02-04-2010
Very sad. RIP Captain.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:10 AM 02-04-2010
Prayers sent for his family and his unit. You will never read this sir, but thank you for your sacrifice.
[Reply]
Steve 07:16 AM 02-04-2010
... :-)
[Reply]
kugie 07:18 AM 02-04-2010
Thoughts and Prayers Sent..... :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 07:27 AM 02-04-2010
Prayers and gratitude sent. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:38 AM 02-04-2010
Thoughts and prayers for the family... :-)
[Reply]
Lensjockie 07:42 AM 02-04-2010
If we might contact the sender and get a home address we might want to send a care package or donation in the form of savings nbonds if he had some kids. A little from each of us might go a long way. Just a thought
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:54 AM 02-04-2010
This was written for Submariners lost "on eternal patrol"; but it's the only appropriate memorial I know:

”There is a port of no return, where ships
may ride at anchor for a little space.
And then some starless night the cable slips,
leaving only an eddy at the mooring place.
Gulls veer no longer, Sailor rest your oar.
No tangled wreckage will be washed ashore.” :-):-)

[Reply]
issues 08:03 AM 02-04-2010
Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family...

May his sacrifice never be forgotten.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 08:05 AM 02-04-2010
Very sad. Prayers sent for family and friends.
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 08:05 AM 02-04-2010
I like everyone else hated getting this kind of news. My thoughts and prayers to the family and the men he served with.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:12 AM 02-04-2010
I guess this should not be too surprising, but it breaks my heart nonetheless. May God grant peace and strength to all those who love him, and may he rest in peace knowing that the Unites States is humbled by his sacrifice!

[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:49 AM 02-04-2010
There is no greater gift than for one to give his life for his friends. May the peace of the Lord be upon you Capt., as well as your family. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten!
Attached: FALLENSOLDIER(3).jpg (19.5 KB) 
[Reply]
eber 09:55 AM 02-04-2010
[Reply]
colimo 09:58 AM 02-04-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Prayers and thoughts Sent...

It is sad to lose a soldier and fellow BOTL, but it does the heart good to know that we all directly affected this man's life before his untimely passing. He has seen AND smoked cigars directly out of our own humidors and had a couple hours of restful happiness- a small escape from the everyday stresses of life as a soldier- because of our good deeds. If we can't fight the good fight over there with those honorable American soldiers, we should at very least ensure a few moments of relaxation for them. Like I said for what they do for us, it's the least we could do.

May G-d watch over his family and fellow soldiers during this trying time.
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I won't even try to say it any better than MJ.

Thoughts and prayers for Dan and his family and those that served with him.
amen!!! sorry to hear....RIP captain and thank you...may your family find some comfort in your honorable service and knowing that your passing has touched so many who knew you not
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up