Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>The Confession Thread
Da Klugs 09:45 AM 06-15-2011
Not sure what is going on, but got an email from a hotmail account with a request to post it here.

So here goes:

Getting the opportunity to unburden myself of the heavy baggage I have carrried for too long is ... well it's a godsend. For many years I have participated in these online forums. The brotherhood and friendliness was a welcome part of what was otherwise a very dreary existance.

In fact, I have lived a double life. Friendly and helpful cigar participant in the online community, someone else in the real world. As a senior customs official my job is to enforce the law of the land. As a fellow cigar smoker, I could relate the the passion for forbidden fruit. As a government employee, I had a job to do.. well sort of.

For many years I have confiscated shipments of Cuban cigars. Have applied more green tape than .. a production worker in the green giant bean factory. For the past 5-10 years, I have kept every single one of those cigars. Not real proud of what I have done, but the temptation, opportunity and for the love of god, quality of the smokes was just too much to handle.

My brothers, I can only ask for your forgiveness as many times these seizures were "targeted" based upon posts and conversations regarding recent purchases and known sources. Think about it, there are only so many places that cigars come from, there are so many shipments coming from these places, it is quite easy for us/me to intercept things based upon origin and... well since I got to know you folks... the destination.

I have tried to "give back" by posting my thoughts on a wide variety of cigars that I have had the opportunity to smoke. Many have stated other peoples cigars just taste better. As an afficianado of "other peoples cigars" it is soo true.

I would like to thank the original thread starter here for the opportunity to lift this from my soul. As I am retiring this month, the double life is over for me. This is both good and bad news for my fellow lovers of the leaf. Ever wonder why there have been so few actual consequences for your illegal activity? Mostly confiscations, a few letters but no follow-up or actual legal action taken? It was me. At every turn I subtly and at times overtly corrupted the process to ensure that, though I ended up with the cigars, that there were no real legal consequences for my "providers of the leaf". This process provided a balance for me to be albe to look in the mirror.

As I am retiring now, I cannot speak to what will happen in the future. I believe my replacement does not smoke cigars, and as such, you should be concerned.

Thanks for the smokes!
Your fellow lover of your leaf.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:48 AM 06-15-2011
Crap!!!!
[Reply]
area51 09:53 AM 06-15-2011
Ruh roh.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:56 AM 06-15-2011
I knew it.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:26 AM 06-15-2011
Hrmm...sounds horrible, but also...fishy? I dunno.
[Reply]
Rock Star 10:30 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Not sure what is going on, but got an email from a hotmail account with a request to post it here.

So here goes:

Getting the opportunity to unburden myself of the heavy baggage I have carrried for too long is ... well it's a godsend. For many years I have participated in these online forums. The brotherhood and friendliness was a welcome part of what was otherwise a very dreary existance.

In fact, I have lived a double life. Friendly and helpful cigar participant in the online community, someone else in the real world. As a senior customs official my job is to enforce the law of the land. As a fellow cigar smoker, I could relate the the passion for forbidden fruit. As a government employee, I had a job to do.. well sort of.

For many years I have confiscated shipments of Cuban cigars. Have applied more green tape than .. a production worker in the green giant bean factory. For the past 5-10 years, I have kept every single one of those cigars. Not real proud of what I have done, but the temptation, opportunity and for the love of god, quality of the smokes was just too much to handle.

My brothers, I can only ask for your forgiveness as many times these seizures were "targeted" based upon posts and conversations regarding recent purchases and known sources. Think about it, there are only so many places that cigars come from, there are so many shipments coming from these places, it is quite easy for us/me to intercept things based upon origin and... well since I got to know you folks... the destination.

I have tried to "give back" by posting my thoughts on a wide variety of cigars that I have had the opportunity to smoke. Many have stated other peoples cigars just taste better. As an afficianado of "other peoples cigars" it is soo true.

I would like to thank the original thread starter here for the opportunity to lift this from my soul. As I am retiring this month, the double life is over for me. This is both good and bad news for my fellow lovers of the leaf. Ever wonder why there have been so few actual consequences for your illegal activity? Mostly confiscations, a few letters but no follow-up or actual legal action taken? It was me. At every turn I subtly and at times overtly corrupted the process to ensure that, though I ended up with the cigars, that there were no real legal consequences for my "providers of the leaf". This process provided a balance for me to be albe to look in the mirror.

As I am retiring now, I cannot speak to what will happen in the future. I believe my replacement does not smoke cigars, and as such, you should be concerned.

Thanks for the smokes!
Your fellow lover of your leaf.
thats fkd up man! oh well he only got 1 from me and it was replaced. i dont buy anymore anyways..i had a feeling something like that was happening
[Reply]
massphatness 10:50 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
As I am retiring this month, the double life is over for me.
OLD SAILOR! :-)
[Reply]
Conch Republican 02:12 PM 06-15-2011
I don't even know all the back stories, but this thread made me laugh!!!!
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:43 PM 06-15-2011
Dave, do you feel better now that you've confessed? :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up