Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>2nd Annual Thanksgiving "Smoke Your Rare Cigar" Weekend
Ahbroody 01:16 AM 11-25-2010
Hmmmmm I dont think I have anything nearly that rare. Will need to rumage. Maybe go for a regional.
[Reply]
akumushi 02:15 AM 11-25-2010
Awesome idea Brooks. Too bad I went through a "life's too short to sit on rare smokes" phase and smoked all my rarities in short order not too long ago:-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:18 AM 11-25-2010
Here we go :-) I'm kind of running low on "rare" cigars because I kind of did the same thing as Clayton, and I didn't have that many to start with. Anyway, I'm enjoying an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Between the Lines:

[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:42 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Here we go :-) I'm kind of running low on "rare" cigars because I kind of did the same thing as Clayton, and I didn't have that many to start with. Anyway, I'm enjoying an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Between the Lines:

Nice choice! That stick looks great!
[Reply]
Sancho Fuente 10:01 AM 11-25-2010
I haven't decided yet when to smoke them, but I think at some point this weekend at least one of them will burn.

Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No. 2 (Exclusivo Zona del Este)
Macanudo Vintage 1988
Romeo and Julieta Edicion Limitada 2005
[Reply]
Bunker 10:29 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Right now it is between a Padron 80 yr maduro and an Anejo 49
I smoked the Padron this morning with Bunker, froze my ass off but it was as good as I imagined.

I just smoked a not-so-rare but enjoyable Camacho churchill just so I would stop looking in the oven for awhile :-)
[Reply]
Martel 10:31 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by Sancho Fuente:
I haven't decided yet when to smoke them, but I think at some point this weekend at least one of them will burn.

Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No. 2 (Exclusivo Zona del Este)
Macanudo Vintage 1988
Romeo and Julieta Edicion Limitada 2005
Nice sticks,Tom! :-)

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
thebayratt 10:40 AM 11-25-2010
Another BTL lover. I got one left after this one. Im on the waiting list at a B&M when they come in. I'm stocking up this time!!

[Reply]
Chingas 11:13 AM 11-25-2010
Originally Posted by quantim0:
I have 2 that were given to me by my local shop owner. I'm very hesitant because if I like it I don't know if I'll ever get more.
Ahh. True. But you'll NEVER know if you don't smoke it to find out!
[Reply]
KillerCelt 11:57 AM 11-25-2010
I would join you gentlemen if not for two things:
1. It's really cold and rainy/windy
2. I hardly have any smokes that would count as "rare"

However, all of these pictures are making my mouth water. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 12:03 PM 11-25-2010
I like the idea Brooks. Took a nice pic of a 96 RyJ CF this AM, but my youngest son has decided to "upgrade" our wireless router and I'm currently without internet access on my laptop. Will post a pic when things are back to normal.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hscmit 01:12 PM 11-25-2010
Although this punch is not a "rare" cigar at all it is/was very special as it was given to me by my then future mother-in-law at the first Christmas Jess and I spent together 7yrs ago. It was one of a three pack she picked out for me and I always thought it was very nice of her. Smoked it in the chilly mountain air and enjoyed every second of it

[Reply]
Devanmc 01:41 PM 11-25-2010
Not exactly rare but will be smoking a CAO american anthem later tonight
[Reply]
Conch Republican 01:52 PM 11-25-2010
Lit up an Opus Rising X...awesome aroma - good body, just didnt want to stay lit/burn evenly. Thats ok - I still feel it is one I wouldnt typically smoke, so thanks for the idea Brooks.
If I am feeling better tomorrow or Sat, I might get another one that I have been saving, but havent had a particular reason to smoke.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone (and if you dont celebrate, then enjoy your Thursday!)
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:56 PM 11-25-2010
Halfway through a DPG Firecracker. I knew it was going to be a little powerhouse, so it kept getting replaced in the humi after grabbing it a number of times in the year or two I've had it. Today, after getting uncomfortably stuffed, I figured it was now or never to try to settle the stomach.

So far, not snorkable by any means, but doing the job on the indigestion. :-)
A nice, almost hour-long 3 inch smoke.
[Reply]
thebayratt 04:47 PM 11-25-2010
Padron 1964 Maduro Exclusivo

[Reply]
Bill86 04:49 PM 11-25-2010
Viaje Exclusivo Robusto is what I smoked today. I made it 75% through and it started raining like no other. Some luck, still a great stick and I enjoyed it as much as I could.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:58 PM 11-26-2010
I am smoking a Saint Luis Rey Series A . Not sure of the year, it was given to me by a good friend a while ago. Was sitting on it for something special, guess this was it. Hope everyone is enjoying their sticks.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:43 PM 11-26-2010
My "Smoke Your Rare Cigar Weekend" has started....& it looks like a Fuente Triple Play...

They are rare for my humidor and have been sitting for no reason other than, "I'll smoke them when the time is right".....so here we go.

Smoked the WOAM tonight. It did not disappoint. AMAZING first 1/3 and then settled into what I thought was a good cigar. If that first third would have continued all the way through, would have been one of the best cigars I ever smoked. As it stands, it was better than average & I enjoyed it/ It didn't blow my socks off.

It should be noted, it is cold as can be here(think about 20F now), I am smoking out back and going out every 1-3 minutes for a puff or 2 and then back inside to watch the games. It is not a perfect situation, so I am not 100% sure that doesn't factor in.....:-)

I am VERY much looking forward to firing up the next 2....
[Reply]
Chingas 08:10 AM 11-27-2010
Anejo 46 from last year last nite. Damn good. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up