Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking in the wintertime
Marlon K 06:29 PM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I put a coat on. A hat and gloves are also necessary sometimes. I also have decided that my car is a perfectly reasonable place to smoke a stick. It doesn't need to be moving, but it has a radio, which is good.
Now that is funny :-)
[Reply]
Big Maduro 08:05 PM 12-11-2011
I was wrong its 5000 watts and 17000 BTU. Found a little exhaust fan for 20$
[Reply]
gator_79 08:37 PM 12-11-2011
I know how you feel with not being able to smoke. It's not cold here but I woke up this morning with a sore throut and nothing has any taste. I had a 2 or 3 cigar day planned but now it looks like it will be thursday before I get to enjoy another cigar.
[Reply]
chachee52 07:29 AM 12-12-2011
Reading this thread got me in the mood. Went out after the Pats game and lit up the heater and lit me up a stick. Sat there and cut up some cardboard for recylcing to pass the time and clean the garage up a little. Haven't had a cigar in a while.
[Reply]
Flounder 12:39 PM 12-14-2011
I wish the B & M near me was more of a cigar shop, less of a head shop. Nowhere to sit and chill. I can make my way into the city to a cigar bar, but it's such a long trek, gets annoying. Plus I'd need a crowd, not that many of my friends do the cigar thing, at least not consistently enough to go somewhere just to smoke. And the Rochester crowd that gets together meets on Sunday night which doesn't work for me.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 12:40 PM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I wish the B & M near me was more of a cigar shop, less of a head shop. Nowhere to sit and chill. I can make my way into the city to a cigar bar, but it's such a long trek, gets annoying. Plus I'd need a crowd, not that many of my friends do the cigar thing, at least not consistently enough to go somewhere just to smoke. And the Rochester crowd that gets together meets on Sunday night which doesn't work for me.
My garage is always good.. Webster though
[Reply]
Sam Leccia 11:10 AM 12-15-2011
I feel your pain.

I transformed my detached garage into my own smoking lounge. it's got a wood burner, a bar, poker table and a tv. it's a pimp man cave 4 years in the making. Your welcome to stop by for a smoke anytime.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:25 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
My garage is always good.. Webster though
I'll ride out every couple weeks if I have an invite. I would like to start getting back together with the CA guys in Rochester...
[Reply]
Crownedone 08:43 PM 12-15-2011
The two places I smoke in the winter are
1- out side around the fire pit.
2- in side laying in bed watching tv.

I got no.problems with winter...
[Reply]
Flounder 09:03 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Crownedone:
The two places I smoke in the winter are
1- out side around the fire pit.
2- in side laying in bed watching tv.

I got no.problems with winter...
I hear those Florida winters can be brutal!
[Reply]
Crownedone 06:59 AM 12-16-2011
It gets below freezing down here....occasionally.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:11 AM 12-16-2011
B&M or back porch with a propane directional heater. It is good enough :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:11 AM 12-16-2011
I wear a coat and smoke in the garage most times, how cold it is depends on how far I open the garage door. I also tend to smoke shorter smokes when it is cold. I just grabbed a few Famous Shorties for this reason.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:17 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I wear a coat and smoke in the garage most times, how cold it is depends on how far I open the garage door.
Yep, same here....my heater sucks.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:33 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by liltim:
I do not live in the norther states but I am a total wuss when it comes to the cold. I would smoke in the garage right next to a space heater and cover myself with a throw blanket. Oh and you are probably going to need a drink to further your relaxation and to add some more warmth.
This is pretty much my method. Minus the throw blanket, I just get on a sweatshirt and some gloves. If it's the weekend I might get lucky and it'll be nice enough in the sun, but lately around here it's been under 20 degrees and it's just too cold for me to be outside. Unfortunately the nearest indoor lounge is about 75 miles away from me, so that's not really an option.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:10 AM 12-16-2011
All good advice here and I don't want to repeat what has already been said but another way is do you smoke in your car? Before the baby I would smoke in my car often especially in the cooler months and in the Winter when I would have running around to do I would just grab a couple smaller sized sticks and head out the door. If you turn your heat to the floor vent and put it on med to high with just the drivers window cracked an inch or so the smoke freight trains straight out of the window. Even if I had no errands to run I would just go for a drive to burn one when it was too cold for the garage or outside and I didn't want to be out for a few hours plus by going to the lounge.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:21 PM 12-16-2011
What I do is sit in front of a Window. I'll put a big white fan in the window, and blow my hits into it. Once I'm done smoking, I toss the Cigar.

Zero smell. I'm not sitting outside to smoke. Period. lol
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up