Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Oh Gurkha...you're hilarious
Salvelinus 03:46 PM 07-01-2010
"Yes, it has become a status symbol to be seen smoking the Gurkha name, but that is not why I smoke them; I love knowing I can have a luxury that many cannot."'

Does this statement make sense to anyone? I don't smoke them because they are a status symbol, I smoke them because I like having a luxury others cannot. Seems like the definition of status symbol to me. Now lets get back to defining what that status is:-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 03:57 PM 07-01-2010
Legend, is that you? :-)
[Reply]
Pass 04:33 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.

Which cigar indusrty, I wonder......
Well... It does seem to be quite the buzzword.

....But in their case, it doesn't seem to be a good thing lol!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:39 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Too funny...:-):-)
[Reply]
forgop 04:56 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkha makes some very ok cigars, but they might seriously be respected by cigar smokers as a sub-$5 cigar rather than marketing themselves as a super premium cigar.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:56 PM 07-01-2010

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:20 PM 07-01-2010
No, it's Driftking, actually.
[Reply]
DPD6030 05:46 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
No, it's Driftking, actually.
:-)
[Reply]
GKitty 05:50 PM 07-01-2010
Holy schnikes!! Has Bobby checked himself out of the asylum?!?! I knew something was missing. How have we gotten this far into a Ghurka thread without an appearance by their #1 fan?

Perhaps he's busy signing copies of this article, which he probably co-authored. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:52 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by GKitty:
Holy schnikes!! Has Bobby checked himself out of the asylum?!?! I knew something was missing. How have we gotten this far into a Ghurka thread without an appearance by their #1 fan?

Perhaps he's busy signing copies of this article, which he probably co-authored. :-)

[Reply]
dyieldin 07:23 PM 07-01-2010
I smelled a Gurkha once and it reminded me of the perfume counter at Penneys, I gave it back to the guy.

Every time I hear 'Gurkha' I think of a pickle, not a cigar. Who would want to smoke a pickle? Wait, that's a 'Gherkin'! Ya know, I think the guy next door likes to smoke a pickle every now and then. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:26 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkha sucks:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:54 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkha's are bad? Now you guys tell me. After buying 10 boxes from cbid.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:39 PM 07-01-2010
Oh man this sucks. See, I'm torn. I can't stand when companies do stupid **** like this. There are some Gurkhas I like. And like a lot. I don't agree with the pricing. $30 for a beauty is out of hand but it's a damn good smoke in my eyes. $10 is more reasonable. I can't stick up for a company with marketing like that but I like some of their smokes.

See why I'm torn. Oh well. Now I'm gonna feel weird smoking a Gurkha. Good thing I always remove my bands before I smoke. I hate having any kind of status related to my smoke. I just want to relax and have a good smoke, weather it's a $2 Everyday Joe or a $30 Sublime 04.

Can't win these days anymore.
[Reply]
ValorBali41 09:55 PM 07-01-2010
Ghurka cigars: For the person who likes to smoke a diesel truck's tailpipe, and brag just to give an impression that they like to show off price tags.

A real cigar enthusiast would know that it doesn't matter as to what your smoking that makes you a "real cigar enthusiast" as Hansoita likes to say.

Blind taste test a Ghurka vs. any other reputable cigar, lets see what happens :-)
[Reply]
Goldie 11:03 PM 07-01-2010
Is today April Fool's?

No?!?!?! Oh, this was for real? Hmmmm....
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 12:57 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by GKitty:

shh! be quiet, man...

love this:

You'll see the likes of Michael Jordan and Alex Rodriguez as Gurkha customers.

don't know about a-rod, but jordan ought to sue for libel.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:05 PM 07-02-2010
For me, its a 50/50 shot of a Gurkha being any good. The only one so far that has been consistent for is is the Ancient Warrior. I have smoked 4 of these and all have been good. I picked up a box at a decent price. This is Gurkha last chance with me. If this box turds out I am done with them.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:19 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
shh! be quiet, man...

love this:

You'll see the likes of Michael Jordan and Alex Rodriguez as Gurkha customers.

don't know about a-rod, but jordan ought to sue for libel.
A-Rod can't sue; he's a purse slappin' douch and probably does smoke them. :-)
(Apologies to the Yankees fans)
[Reply]
Pass 01:32 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
For me, its a 50/50 shot of a Gurkha being any good. The only one so far that has been consistent for is is the Ancient Warrior. I have smoked 4 of these and all have been good. I picked up a box at a decent price. This is Gurkha last chance with me. If this box turds out I am done with them.
Yeah... There is a HUGE consistency issue with Gurkha. I've smoked 3 Centurian Perfectos - 2 were good and 1 was utter crap, and by crap I mean it was literally like smoking garbage. I still have 2 more and I'm letting them sit to see about the difference.

I smoked an "evil" and barely forced myself to the half-way spot... But then smoked a Nepalese Warrior and nubbed it. I also smoked an Empire III one day and liked it, then smoked a second the next and tossed it not long after lighting.

When it comes to Gurkha, I'll give 'em a shot, but I will NOT pay MSRP for ANY of their sticks... They're just not worth it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up