Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>How to Pick Cologne/ Cologne Recos
Porch Dweller 08:47 AM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You have to consider body chemistry when picking a fragrance. Different fragrances wear differently on different people. Some fragrances do not last long on certain people. Sample what is available for you to try and see how it wears.

*Does it last?
*Do you like it?
*Do people who matter dislike it?

I don't think you should let your better half decide, you are the one wearing it. Do they put clothes out for you every morning too? Cut your food up into small pieces? If it comes to two equally delightful fragrances to you and you can afford just one; sure let someone pick it out if you can't decide.

Most the big department store fragrances are crap. Sure they have a famous name behind them, but they lack the purity level. Most are just eau de cologne, not parfum.

If you like designer labeled cologne, Tom Ford is branding some nice ones.
I disagree with the highlighted part. Maybe it's just me, but when I put a cologne on, after about five or ten minutes I no longer smell it; it's like my brain just filters out the smell after a little bit. It's kind of like how if you work in a BBQ joint you no longer smell the smoke after being on the job for a few minutes. But my wife notices the scent for much longer. So I might as well go with something that she enjoys as she's the one that's going to be smelling it.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:53 PM 10-12-2013
today

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:37 PM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
But my wife notices the scent for much longer. So I might as well go with something that she enjoys as she's the one that's going to be smelling it.
Have you worn a scent you picked out and she said she did not like it after you put it on?
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:26 PM 10-12-2013
Have you worn a scent you picked out and she said she did not like it after you put it on?
My wife has so it was a waste of money. I would not buy one without her presence. She also carries the Nordstrom card :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:40 PM 10-12-2013
95% success rate for me.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:49 AM 10-13-2013
Only once.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:59 AM 11-03-2013
Here's our collection of Fredric Malle fragrances. Just picked up the 100ml Vetiver Extraordinaire at Barneys on Friday. Also picked up one his anise scented candles which is amazing; not cheap either :-)

[Reply]
colinb913 07:52 PM 11-04-2013
Here's what I have been wearing lately, I hope this helps someone..

Victoria Secrets Very Sexy for him (1 and 2)
Dolce and Gabanna
Gucci
Gucci Guilty
Aqua Di Gio
Express (clothing store cologne)
Armani Black

Those are all decently priced, and I tend to get compliments on them.
[Reply]
Robulous78 10:12 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Impossible to answer your question as it is "what cigar should I pick?" You need to try stuff out- go to www.theperfumedcourt.com and buy some decants.
This site has given me alot to look at, I will be purchasing some samplers soon...

Score 1 more for Hotreds... :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up