Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 299 of 359
« First < 199249289297298299 300301309349 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase II!
Angry_Pirate 05:17 PM 01-03-2012
Pickups on a recent road trip :-)
New Opus X's x6, 77 Shark, No. 4
Viaje's
Tat's
LFD's and Litto Gomez #4 Small Batch
kelmac07 05:21 PM 01-03-2012
Damn fine haul J.T.!! :-) :-)
Angry_Pirate 05:27 PM 01-03-2012
More road trip scores :-)
Culebras: Illusione 23, LFD, and Davidoff Special "C"
LP #9,Illusione Holy Lancero, Don Carlos God of Fire Tubos.
Gloria De Leon,Excepcionales by Elogio, Casa Fernandez, EloGio salomone (not in good shape),Nub Maduro, Pinar Del Rio
darkninja67 05:52 PM 01-03-2012
wow impressive buys of late. Way to start the new year guys
Blak Smyth 05:54 PM 01-03-2012
Wow J.T. just WOW!
jdp 06:37 PM 01-03-2012
You go away for a few days and everyone gets some really nice stuff. Good pickups everyone. Some really nice pickups!

I know it's been a few days since my post, but figured I'd explain a bit.

Yes.. I am non-cello for my humidors.

As far as the purchases, I really was going for a few boxes Arturo Fuente I like and then a few other miscellaneous boxes. However, things went a bit differently due to available stock and cigar sprint sale. I was looking for a box of sharks and I knew anejos were available for the holidays. Of the sites and B&Ms buy from, I couldn't find a box of sharks. So, I went ahead and got a box of the No.50s since I really like those as well. I also got a box of the OpusX Lost City Lanceros (I had smoked one on my birthday and decided I wanted to age them). The next day I go online and I see sharks are in stock.. so I add them to my cart and get a phone call. By the time I got back to the cart to checkout… they were gone. Disappointed, I went ahead and got the No.49s as I really like those as well (just gotta make sure you have time when smoking). The next day I went back online to see the state of the anejos.. and the sharks were there.. I bought them right away. That's how I wound up with the 3 boxes.

Now as for the others.. they were for the most part cigar sprint sale material.. I got the 601s blue toros for $78, the T11s for $68, and the Don Carlos No.4s for $134. Lastly, I saw that Tatuaje Black Petit Lanceros were for $166 and another cigar I wanted. For the price.. I really like the cigars and it was hard to pass up. I also don't know about putting prices, but I see people doing it.. so I don't mind sharing.

The others were just misc things I bought to have on hand. The God of Fire robustos were another cigar sprint sale deal for $47.. again… not a bad deal.

Anyway.. I know a few thought it was quite excessive of a purchase but really it was all circumstance. Plus the fact I don't mind holding on to cigars I know I will smoke. Later on, I may not be able to get when I'd like to smoke them.

Of course on another note.. who knows what Arturo Fuente will be throwing out there for their 100th anniversary.. probably some good stuff on the way.

Hope everyone has great New Year!

Jay
Taki 06:46 PM 01-03-2012
Very nice J.T. awesome pickup :-)
UpInSmoke 06:54 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I just searched this web site and found ZERO Litto Gomez Small Match #4s. :-) :-) :-)

Man, I'm sorry. I should have said you probably would have to call on the phone. They are not a big on-line retailer. They had them this past Saturday.
And they are $19 a stick. That's why I only bought 2, to see how good they are. I can call them tomorrow and have them put them in my locker and get them out to you by the weekend if you want. No problem.
UpInSmoke 06:59 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Holy cow!!! That price is crazy!!!

Hey how do they have Anarchy's? I thought that was Smokeinn exclusive?
Yeah,$19 shocked me a little. Only bought 2. For now.:-)

I asked about the Anarchies when I was there this weekend. Gary just kind of shrugged.
Angry_Pirate 07:23 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by UpInSmoke:

I asked about the Anarchies when I was there this weekend. Gary just kind of shrugged.
I can second this I got my Litto Gomez Small batch 4 and the Anarchy at Birmingham Cigars Monday on our way from Auburn.
INT 07:46 PM 01-03-2012
LigaPrivadaT84 07:56 PM 01-03-2012
These 3 little piggies are now hiding out in their Spanish cedar home.
:-)
maninblack 07:57 PM 01-03-2012
Damn fine pickups here gents!
irratebass 07:58 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by jdp:
You go away for a few days and everyone gets some really nice stuff. Good pickups everyone. Some really nice pickups!

I know it's been a few days since my post, but figured I'd explain a bit.

Yes.. I am non-cello for my humidors.

As far as the purchases, I really was going for a few boxes Arturo Fuente I like and then a few other miscellaneous boxes. However, things went a bit differently due to available stock and cigar sprint sale. I was looking for a box of sharks and I knew anejos were available for the holidays. Of the sites and B&Ms buy from, I couldn't find a box of sharks. So, I went ahead and got a box of the No.50s since I really like those as well. I also got a box of the OpusX Lost City Lanceros (I had smoked one on my birthday and decided I wanted to age them). The next day I go online and I see sharks are in stock.. so I add them to my cart and get a phone call. By the time I got back to the cart to checkout… they were gone. Disappointed, I went ahead and got the No.49s as I really like those as well (just gotta make sure you have time when smoking). The next day I went back online to see the state of the anejos.. and the sharks were there.. I bought them right away. That's how I wound up with the 3 boxes.

Now as for the others.. they were for the most part cigar sprint sale material.. I got the 601s blue toros for $78, the T11s for $68, and the Don Carlos No.4s for $134. Lastly, I saw that Tatuaje Black Petit Lanceros were for $166 and another cigar I wanted. For the price.. I really like the cigars and it was hard to pass up. I also don't know about putting prices, but I see people doing it.. so I don't mind sharing.

The others were just misc things I bought to have on hand. The God of Fire robustos were another cigar sprint sale deal for $47.. again… not a bad deal.

Anyway.. I know a few thought it was quite excessive of a purchase but really it was all circumstance. Plus the fact I don't mind holding on to cigars I know I will smoke. Later on, I may not be able to get when I'd like to smoke them.

Of course on another note.. who knows what Arturo Fuente will be throwing out there for their 100th anniversary.. probably some good stuff on the way.

Hope everyone has great New Year!

Jay
Lucky bastige, I haven't seen anything that good on the sprint ever.

Originally Posted by UpInSmoke:

Interesting.

Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
I can second this I got my Litto Gomez Small batch 4 and the Anarchy at Birmingham Cigars Monday on our way from Auburn.
Good job! :-)
Digs 08:13 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by LigaPrivadaT84:
These 3 little piggies are now hiding out in their Spanish cedar home.
:-)
Mmmm :-)
SteelCityBoy 08:49 AM 01-04-2012
Nice grabs Mac! I personally love the Illusiones line up right now! I saw those Berger and Argenti's in a local B&M just a few days ago. Thought they looked interesting with a cigar within a cigar. What are your thoughts on them?
kelmac07 11:32 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Nice grabs Mac! I personally love the Illusiones line up right now! I saw those Berger and Argenti's in a local B&M just a few days ago. Thought they looked interesting with a cigar within a cigar. What are your thoughts on them?
HUGE fan of the Entubar Quad Maduros (imagine that). The V32 is another fine stick that is a bit stronger than the quad maduro...and tasty as hell. :-) :-)
Brooks W 01:32 PM 01-04-2012
2 Boxes of Oliva Limited Edition Samplers (1 to smoke, one to put away):

Box of VSG CGs to put away for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time :-)

Doctorossi 01:46 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
Box of VSG CGs to put away for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time :-)
I'm guessing that would be your favorite VSG vitola... ?
irratebass 01:51 PM 01-04-2012
Good stuff Brooks!
Page 299 of 359
« First < 199249289297298299 300301309349 > Last »
Up