Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 292 of 350
« First < 192242282290291292 293294302342 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 01:28 PM 07-13-2012
I was lucky, never had any gynecomastia issues, even before my current career when I dabbled in some illegal supplements for a time (26+ years ago).
Fordman4ever 02:32 PM 07-13-2012
I'm way too afraid of getting B**** Tits, so I always take an E-blocker and a T-boost as a post cycle. as for during, I usually just take a liver support or just milk thistle pills.
Ender 09:13 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by the nub:
I do ab work strictly for core strength. Ab definition is built in the kitchen.
I'm going more for the core strength and a little of fat burning. I'll never have ripped abs. I've always said "regular weight/strength training takes discipline but ab work takes character". Even though I'm giving it ANOTHER try I'm convinced I don't have what it takes for ripped abs. This was confirmed as I :-)was eating cheesecake 11:30 last night.
the nub 09:54 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Ender:
I'm going more for the core strength and a little of fat burning. I'll never have ripped abs. I've always said "regular weight/strength training takes discipline but ab work takes character". Even though I'm giving it ANOTHER try I'm convinced I don't have what it takes for ripped abs. This was confirmed as I :-)was eating cheesecake 11:30 last night.
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right. :-)

I'm 45 and in the best shape of my life. I eat donuts, chocolate, pizza, etc. I made home made pizza last weekend and ate four 11" pizzas to myself. I don't do cardio because I hate it. I do 5 sets of abs, 3X week. Abs show up when you eat fewer calories than you burn.
Ender 10:04 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by the nub:
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right. :-)

I'm 45 and in the best shape of my life. I eat donuts, chocolate, pizza, etc. I made home made pizza last weekend and ate four 11" pizzas to myself. I don't do cardio because I hate it. I do 5 sets of abs, 3X week. Abs show up when you eat fewer calories than you burn.
Well crap...now I'm hungry.
DBall 09:21 AM 07-16-2012
went to GNC to re-up on protein.... the guy there was really trying to steer me towards the Re-Built Mass product. Any thoughts on that?

I ended up getting the ON Gold Standard Whey...
RobR1205 09:38 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
went to GNC to re-up on protein.... the guy there was really trying to steer me towards the Re-Built Mass product. Any thoughts on that?

I ended up getting the ON Gold Standard Whey...
Personally, depends on the goal you want. Mass gainers, like the one I've been taking, can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving (which is too high for some people). I'm trying to put on weight and muscle currently, and it's really worked well for me. I also take half a serving of gainer after workouts and before bed to put back carbs and other nutrients into my body. If you're trying to strictly gain muscle and have a decent amount of body fat, then Whey Protein is prolly the way to go :-) I used to be extremely skinny, but now stand at 6'0" and 200 pounds -- 35 pounds in one year!
Bill86 12:30 PM 07-16-2012
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

Originally Posted by RobR1205:
can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving
ON Serious Mass?

What you can do as well is cut the serving in half if it is too much. I've heard people having great success with taking half a serving of ON Serious Mass for twice as long.
RobR1205 01:56 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

ON Serious Mass?

What you can do as well is cut the serving in half if it is too much. I've heard people having great success with taking half a serving of ON Serious Mass for twice as long.
Exactly! Sounds like you've used it before. The normal scoops are ENORMOUS, and they practically fill my shaker bottle more than half way. That's why I halve my servings. Plus it makes it last longer, which means I can get more cigars instead :-)
Bill86 02:12 PM 07-16-2012
Nope, I actually haven't. I've just read into it heavily. I will probably go on it in a few months.

I noticed the 334 G scoop and I knew that was a RIDICULOUS size serving, 10 times a normal protein shak. So I read about it and people were cutting it in half. An extra 625 calories + milk if you use it was more than enough for most people.
icehog3 02:19 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3 on 7/5/12:
Yup, I'm gonna try it too....just ordered from Amazon.
Company didn't ship until 7/13, not too impressed with them at this point.
RobR1205 04:44 PM 07-16-2012
If you haven't already looked at it, I've found Supplement Warehouse to be incredibly cheap...5lb of ON Gold Standard and 12lb of Serious Mass all >$100 if I do remember correctly...Heck of a lot better than paying retail
icehog3 04:52 PM 07-16-2012
If you haven't already looked at it, I've found Supplement Warehouse to be incredibly cheap...5lb of ON Gold Standard and 12lb of Serious Mass all >$100 if I do remember correctly...Heck of a lot better than paying retail
I buy my Acetyl-L Carnitine and Zinc Picolinate from them. :-)
DBall 05:45 AM 07-17-2012
Personally, depends on the goal you want. Mass gainers, like the one I've been taking, can have as much as 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50+g of protein in a single serving (which is too high for some people). I'm trying to put on weight and muscle currently, and it's really worked well for me. I also take half a serving of gainer after workouts and before bed to put back carbs and other nutrients into my body. If you're trying to strictly gain muscle and have a decent amount of body fat, then Whey Protein is prolly the way to go :-) I used to be extremely skinny, but now stand at 6'0" and 200 pounds -- 35 pounds in one year!
I'm still debating how much weight I wanna put on (assuming I can, I have a rather quick metabolism). I'm 5'9" and up to around 150 now
Stephen 05:48 AM 07-17-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Company didn't ship until 7/13, not too impressed with them at this point.
Weird. I placed an order on the third (bought two tubs) and it arrived on the fifth. :-)
icehog3 09:08 AM 07-17-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Weird. I placed an order on the third (bought two tubs) and it arrived on the fifth. :-)
Was it purchased through "The Natural Health Shoppe" on Amazon Marketplace, Stephen?

Took them 8 days to even ship (if it was backordered, they should have told me). Then it got hung up in Indiana for 3 days....looks like it's finally on the move again today.
RobR1205 09:30 AM 07-17-2012
Was it purchased through "The Natural Health Shoppe" on Amazon Marketplace, Stephen?

Took them 8 days to even ship (if it was backordered, they should have told me). Then it got hung up in Indiana for 3 days....looks like it's finally on the move again today.
Really wierd...I experienced the same problem with that distributor when I bought Beta Alanine
Stephen 12:08 PM 07-17-2012

No sir, I purchased directly from Amazon (Prime member; free two day shipping). I went and looked at, "The Naturall Health Shoppe" on Amazon and noticed that they have this blurb under their produts:

Originally Posted by :
Processing takes an additional 4 to 5 days for orders from this seller.
Ships from and sold by The Natural Health Shoppe. Gift-wrap available.
*edit* Looking around, it doesn't even look like Amazon is selling it directly now. Bastages.
icehog3 03:07 PM 07-17-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:

*edit* Looking around, it doesn't even look like Amazon is selling it directly now. Bastages.
Thanks, Stephen...yup, I didn't have the option to buy it direct, possibly because one of the ingredients has been banned by the FDA?
icehog3 03:09 PM 07-17-2012
Really wierd...I experienced the same problem with that distributor when I bought Beta Alanine
Funny....the day after I bought it, they provided a USPS Delivery Confirmation number.

That number was no good, and when I e-mailed them, they sent me a completely different DC number. :-)
Page 292 of 350
« First < 192242282290291292 293294302342 > Last »
Up