Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 29 of 104
« First < 19272829 30313979 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:10 PM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
After seeing the play in slow-motion, it was the wrong call. Good defensive play by Kronwall, at worst they should have given him a 2 minute minor, but I don't think any call was warranted. :-)

That being said, I was very happy with the result. :-)
hawks win, sox win. Today was a good day:-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:13 PM 04-11-2009
bulls won too:-)
icehog3 09:44 PM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
bulls won too:-)
Cubs too. :-) :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:54 PM 04-11-2009
Cubs too. :-) :-)
Yeah, I guess they won too...............:-)
smokeyandthebandit05 01:29 AM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Thanks, bro... the Devils beat my boys today. :-)

Looks like we will drop to 6th spot and end up playing against New Jersey for the first round. :-)
:-) cant wait lol
gpugliese 09:39 AM 04-12-2009
Matchups are set. I'm disappointed the Rangers won't be playing Boston, as I would have been able to get tickets to the games, but I think the Boston/Montreal series will be better.

Also, if the Rangers are able to contain Ovechkin (yea right) and exploit a shaky Theodore, we'll face Boston in the second round. I'm really hoping Lundqvist stays hot as the Rangers are not built to run and gun like Washington is, and won't survive in high scoring games.
taltos 10:19 AM 04-12-2009
I wanted the Bruins to play the Rangers because I wanted to see Avery take a stick across the face. He reminds me of a sneakier and nastier version of Ken 'the rat' Linsman. Hate having to clear a 3.5 hour block to watch vs the Canadiens since the games will be chippy with plenty of fights and cheap shots. It will be worth it if the Canadiens go home crying.:-)
Waynegro1 03:01 PM 04-12-2009
Congrats going out to Tom and his Blackhawks. Solid win against the Redwings.:-)
Next up, Blues and Avalanche. This game is huge!! A win will put them in 6th and a loss will find them in the 8th slot. I'd much rather play Vancouver in the first round than San Jose.
I'm just sayin'. :-)
jamesb3 03:08 PM 04-12-2009
Well Detroit finish's the year with 2 straight loses to the 'Hawks. That will make the Admiral happy. Especially seeing as he was at the game today.

Looks like the Wings will play either The Ducks or Blue Jackets depending on what St. Loius does today.
bugmenot 03:18 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Congrats going out to Tom and his Blackhawks. Solid win against the Redwings.:-)
Next up, Blues and Avalanche. This game is huge!! A win will put them in 6th and a loss will find them in the 8th slot. I'd much rather play Vancouver in the first round than San Jose.
I'm just sayin'. :-)
If I was the blues, I would rather play the sharks. Right now, they aren't playing too well, and are having problems scoring. Maybe they have been flat the second half of the season because they were assured a playoff spot, and will come on strong in the playoffs. I sure hope so, as they have no good excuse not to make it to the 3rd round. Luongo is playing exceptional right now, and may eventually have a cold streak, but I wouldn't want to be the team to find out.
loki 04:03 PM 04-12-2009
I feel dirty but go rangers
Waynegro1 05:27 PM 04-12-2009
Blues just clenched the 6th spot with a win over the Aves'. If you told me this would of happened in January I would of called you crazy. Blues were 15th place in Feb. It's been a crazy ride.
It's been an exciting second half of the season and I can't wait for Playoffs to start. Good luck to all my Hockey Fools out there!! :-)
icehog3 05:40 PM 04-12-2009
Congrats to the Blues on 6th place...I have to agree with Tony, I would rather play the Sharks right now than the Canucks, Sharks have been flat and Luongo looks tough. The Blues have been the best team in the NHL the last month though, so you never know.

Fun Hawks game today....got a call this morning and upgraded to Rocky Wirtz's seats, a few rows off the ice. I briefly met Rocky and simply shook his hand and thanked him for bringing hockey back to Chicago.

SmokeyJoe 05:44 PM 04-12-2009
Playoff schedule will be posted tonight...

'Canes get the Devils... Good times! :-)
icehog3 05:48 PM 04-12-2009

I have been looking, any idea what time Joe? :-)
King James 06:04 PM 04-12-2009
Saw part of the hawks game today. Glad you had a good game to attend Tom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Waynegro1 06:09 PM 04-12-2009
I have been looking, any idea what time Joe? :-)
:-)
dubnick 06:25 PM 04-12-2009

As much as I'm disapointed that we could not follow thru on our wager... Go 'Canes...

Being from Philly... The devils are not one of my favorites.:-) Good Luck... maybe in a later round.
icehog3 06:29 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Saw part of the hawks game today. Glad you had a good game to attend Tom.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Jim, it was a good time. Not a ton of hitting, no one wants to get hurt in a "meaningless" game one game before the playoffs, but a win is a win.

Might be the last time I see Chris Chelios play...I hope not. The fans booed him everytime he touched the puck, which is complete BS since he carried this franchise on his back for almost 10 seasons.
taltos 06:29 PM 04-12-2009
Good luck to the Canes and Hawks. Go Bruins!
Page 29 of 104
« First < 19272829 30313979 > Last »
Up