Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 29 of 54
« First < 19272829 303139 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Blueface 07:43 AM 06-25-2010
Another big difference from my 3 is the battery.
I have not charged it all since picking it up around lunch time yesterday.
Used it all afternoon into evening.
Left it on overnight.
Still have about 3/4 of the battery life.
I did have it connected for a while to the laptop while I restored by information and it did get a brief charge there but I still think this is quite good compared to what I had.
[Reply]
Mindflux 08:13 AM 06-25-2010
3GS is fast for me with iOS4 but battery life has suffered.
[Reply]
Sean9689 08:34 AM 06-25-2010
Got the 4 on 6/23 and have been loving it ever since. I didn't think the difference between the 3GS and 4 would be so dramatic, but I was wrong. Amazing phone!
[Reply]
Starscream 09:20 AM 06-25-2010
If you have a reception problem, "just don't hold it that way".:-)
[Reply]
Mindflux 09:22 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
If you have a reception problem, "just don't hold it that way".:-)
meh.

Anything with an antenna has attenuation problems when you add non conductive mass to it. (eg attaching a 200 lb man to the phone)
[Reply]
0002S 09:34 AM 06-25-2010
No matter how hard I try to make the reception issue happen, I can't reproduce it.

I've tried to hold it every way possible and still get 5 bars

Something tells me this is a manufacturing and components supplier issue only effecting certain phones.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:47 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
No matter how hard I try to make the reception issue happen, I can't reproduce it.

Something tells me this is a manufacturing and components supplier issue only effecting certain phones.
Totally agree.
I tried until I turned blue.
My son also tried.
Neither one of us could make the bars budge.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:49 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:

Originally Posted by Blueface:
Totally agree.
My son also tried.
Your holding it wrong.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:30 AM 06-25-2010
Gotta say, I spent some time last week comparing a friend's Droid to my 3.
In retro, with my new 4, I can candidly say Droid DOESN'T.:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:41 AM 06-25-2010
For all you lonely iphone 4 owners who have no one to FaceTime with.

Call Apple 1-888-FACETIME :-)

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/25/...t-and-testing/
[Reply]
shilala 11:56 AM 06-25-2010
You guys remember when video telephone was just on The Jetsons?
[Reply]
fissure 12:08 PM 06-25-2010
Anyone keep having the voice mail password message pop up? Never have had a password, and have it turned off in the settings, but it still keeps asking for one. Says I need to contact ATT if I forgot the password I never set up. Sometimes it pops up when not even in the VM screen. This is on a 3GS with the new software. Never did it until it was updated.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:16 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by fissure:
Anyone keep having the voice mail password message pop up? Never have had a password, and have it turned off in the settings, but it still keeps asking for one. Says I need to contact ATT if I forgot the password I never set up. Sometimes it pops up when not even in the VM screen. This is on a 3GS with the new software. Never did it until it was updated.
Yup.
Happened to me.
Once I input it, was all set.
Contact AT&T if you don't remember yours.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:18 PM 06-25-2010
I can't wait for mine to get here. There were like 300 ppl in line yesterday at the apple store in Santa Barbara and that was at 4pm. My 3G is painfully slow with os4.

You know I was thinking about that apple face tome thing and the first thought I had was it is going to end up like chat roulet...
[Reply]
Mindflux 12:25 PM 06-25-2010
Interesting info on antennas in phones.

http://www.antennasys.com/antennasys...-antennas.html
[Reply]
sikk50 12:31 PM 06-25-2010
Also I'm having to charge my battery twice a day! Luckly I have a charger in my patrol truck or it wouldn't make it through a full shift!
[Reply]
The Professor 02:21 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Totally agree.
My son also tried.
I was able to get it to budge one bar here in my office today; but that's it. Still no dropped calls or poor reception. Still loving the damned thing. I have a WiFi connection (and used 3G while out of the office) and I've been using it fairly regularly for email, text, photos, facebook, web, and (yes) phone calls all day. Off the charger since 6:30 this morning and I'm sitting at 62%. I think it'll last until bedtime tonight pretty easily.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:34 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I was able to get it to budge one bar here in my office today; but that's it. Still no dropped calls or poor reception. Still loving the damned thing. I have a WiFi connection (and used 3G while out of the office) and I've been using it fairly regularly for email, text, photos, facebook, web, and (yes) phone calls all day. Off the charger since 6:30 this morning and I'm sitting at 62%. I think it'll last until bedtime tonight pretty easily.
I haven't charged it yet since walking out of the Apple store yesterday.
After much use, I am now down to about 1/3 of the battery level.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:49 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Your holding it wrong.:-)
Just to be clear, I'm not knocking Apple or the Iphone 4. congrats to everyone who bought one.:-)
[Reply]
0002S 04:15 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Also I'm having to charge my battery twice a day! Luckly I have a charger in my patrol truck or it wouldn't make it through a full shift!
BT + wifi + full bright + talking runs the battery down real quick.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 54
« First < 19272829 303139 > Last »
Up