Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 29 of 31
« First < 19272829 3031 >
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:17 AM 12-08-2010
Konerko will be with the Sox next year:-)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...s_cws&c_id=cws

:-):-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:20 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Konerko will be with the Sox next year:-)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...s_cws&c_id=cws

:-):-)
Solid punch with him and Dunn hitting back to back. Their pen has taken a hit though, gonna need to work on that. This has actually been a really good winter meeting, it's getting me excited for baseball again!

Who else is surprised the Nats of all teams are spending money? First Werth and his mega deal (good move I think) and rumors floating around they offered Lee an even bigger contract than the Yankees!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:12 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Solid punch with him and Dunn hitting back to back. Their pen has taken a hit though, gonna need to work on that. This has actually been a really good winter meeting, it's getting me excited for baseball again!

Who else is surprised the Nats of all teams are spending money? First Werth and his mega deal (good move I think) and rumors floating around they offered Lee an even bigger contract than the Yankees!
Nats gave Werth a heck of a deal IMO. They are after Lee now? Yeah I am surprised.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:38 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Nats gave Werth a heck of a deal IMO. They are after Lee now? Yeah I am surprised.
They sure did. I think it was a big win for them, they over payed for sure, but it shows that they are serious about spending some money and improving their club. Reminds me a little of what Dombroski did with the tigers in 05-06, signing some big free agents, building some talent in the minors, and getting out of the basement. They probably won't get Lee, but the fact that they are trying is a good sign for Nats fans.

Nothing too major yesterday or today. Pena to the Cubs (with that amazing .196 BA lol), Frenchy to the Royals, Putz to the D-Backs, Olsen, Carrera, and Diaz to the Bucs.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:44 PM 12-08-2010
I hope the Sox can build the bullpen this offseason too. That's an area where they need help. The starting 5 should be great, if healthy.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:39 PM 12-08-2010
Red Sox get Crawford.
[Reply]
Bunker 02:59 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by :
Concluding one of the most stunning weeks in team history, the Sox late last night agreed to a contract with free agent outfielder Carl Crawford, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.

The deal is for seven years and $142 million. It was first reported by the Globe
:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:36 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Red Sox get Crawford.
Ugh, that sucks.
[Reply]
Bunker 10:57 AM 12-09-2010
Ugh, that sucks.
Only for the occupants of the Deathstar :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:51 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Only for the occupants of the Deathstar :-)
Well, if we do land Lee everything will even out. Offenses will be about the same between the two teams, but Lee would give NY an advantage in the starting rotation for sure :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 01:44 PM 12-09-2010
Well, if we do land Lee everything will even out. Offenses will be about the same between the two teams, but Lee would give NY an advantage in the starting rotation for sure :-)
Maybe, if he and Sabathia can pitch every game :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:26 PM 12-09-2010
These big mega-deals are pissing me off. How's a small market team supposed to compete anymore if they can only afford one or two big time players?:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:03 PM 12-09-2010
Red Sox are looking good.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:24 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Red Sox are looking good.
I think the White ones are looking better:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:59 AM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Maybe, if he and Sabathia can pitch every game :-)
Hughes is money and maybe Pettite will come back. Then we would only need one more starter :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:08 PM 12-13-2010
Well, looks like the Phillies resigned Cliff Lee. I'm surprised, and boy did the Phillies just get a whole lot better. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, Hamels, and Blanton? Ouch!
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:13 PM 12-13-2010
They got him pretty cheap also. 5 years $100M.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:19 PM 12-13-2010
They got him pretty cheap also. 5 years $100M.
They sure did. I'm shocked as hell to be honest. Hope the Yankees have some contingency plans, cause if Andy retires we are really in trouble pitching wise.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:29 PM 12-13-2010
It sounds like they are going to put it into the bullpen now. They are concerned with Greinke and his ability to handle New York so they probably won't go that direction. Now they really need Pettitte to play 1 more year.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:31 PM 12-13-2010
It sounds like they are going to put it into the bullpen now. They are concerned with Greinke and his ability to handle New York so they probably won't go that direction. Now they really need Pettitte to play 1 more year.
Greinke is a problem with that anxiety disorder. During the winter meetings Cashman said he had some surprising things in the works, here's hoping it wasn't all BS.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 31
« First < 19272829 3031 >
Up