Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 29 of 36
« First < 19272829 3031 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs Angels ALCS 2009
Blindjimme 02:43 PM 10-21-2009
Speaking of next year, any more word on Sabathia in an Angels uniform next season?
[Reply]
The Poet 02:47 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
Speaking of next year, any more word on Sabathia in an Angels uniform next season?

:-)

No offense, but players don't leave The Bronx - The Bronx leaves them.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:10 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
Not unless the Yanks trade him. He can opt out of his current contract after three years. He'll likely do that anyway to squeeze more money out of the Yanks but I don't see him leaving NY anytime soon. No one else can pay him as much as we do!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:16 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Not unless the Yanks trade him.

Again, no offense to Angel fans intended, but aside from Torii Hunter I can't think of anything they have the Yankees might want - and he ain't enough.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 03:18 PM 10-21-2009
Must just be a rumor, probably started by an Angels fan, down over last nights game.

:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:14 PM 10-21-2009
Can't wait for tomorrow night.
I hope A.J. brings good stuff enough to take it and get this series over with.
[Reply]
floydpink 05:16 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Again, no offense to Angel fans intended, but aside from Torii Hunter I can't think of anything they have the Yankees might want - and he ain't enough.
I'd trade Melky Cabrera for Torii Hunter.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:00 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I'd trade Melky Cabrera for Torii Hunter.:-)
I wouldn't. The last thing the Yankees need is another ageing outfielder. They have Swisher signed thought 2010, and they will have to decide on Damon & Matsui, both put up numbers to make it hard to let them go away even thoug hthey are old and brittle. Plus they still need to see what they have in Austin Jackson.
[Reply]
snowy 06:31 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I wouldn't. The last thing the Yankees need is another ageing outfielder. They have Swisher signed thought 2010, and they will have to decide on Damon & Matsui, both put up numbers to make it hard to let them go away even thoug hthey are old and brittle. Plus they still need to see what they have in Austin Jackson.
I agree completely. If I was Cashman this is what I would do next year after we win the WS this year. I would not sign both Damon and Matsui ( I believe they are both making $14 million this year). I would take the savings and go after John Lackey (6 years $100 million). I would promote Austin Jackson from AAA to play left and have Melky and Gardner platoon at center with Swisher at right. I would resign Pettite for one more year. The pitching staff would be CC, AJ, Lackey, Pettite and either Joba or Hughes with one of them going to the bullpen as a set-up man for Mo.
[Reply]
bvilchez 06:55 PM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by snowy:
I agree completely. If I was Cashman this is what I would do next year after we win the WS this year. I would not sign both Damon and Matsui ( I believe they are both making $14 million this year). I would take the savings and go after John Lackey (6 years $100 million). I would promote Austin Jackson from AAA to play left and have Melky and Gardner platoon at center with Swisher at right. I would resign Pettite for one more year. The pitching staff would be CC, AJ, Lackey, Pettite and either Joba or Hughes with one of them going to the bullpen as a set-up man for Mo.
I like how you think.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:00 PM 10-21-2009
They need to keep at least 1 of them. That is a lot of HRs & RBIs to lose in the lineup. No long term deal though. As for Lackey, I would pass on him.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:01 PM 10-21-2009
Well, looks like Philly is on their way to hopefully meet the Yankees.
Third inning, winning 4-2.
Torre better get things going or no tomorrow for him.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:02 PM 10-21-2009
I think the Dodgers are a beaten team.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:22 AM 10-22-2009
Let the countdown begin to game time................................

Man I hope we can finish it up today and say BRING ON THE PHILLIES!!!
[Reply]
feznuk 07:50 AM 10-22-2009
OK gentlemen...our boys took care of our end last night. Hopefully your boys will secure a win tonight and we'll have ourselves an east coast dance.

Should be fun to watch!

Good luck tonight:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:27 AM 10-22-2009
Game starts at 7:57 EST tonight.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:57 AM 10-22-2009
I wanted to see that asshat Manny but Pedro will be ok.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:19 AM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I wanted to see that asshat Manny but Pedro will be ok.
I wonder how "Who's your daddy!" will sound in the new Yankee Stadium?
[Reply]
The Poet 12:20 PM 10-22-2009
I don't know the Phillies staff, and as the Yankees still have some ALCS work to do I really don't dare tempt the baseball gods. Yet at that risk I'll say that the Phils would be advised to avoid using Pedro if at all possible.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:28 PM 10-22-2009
OK guys, half hour or so to game time!!!

I am pissing in my pants!

Oh....wait....has nothing to do with the game. More of an "age" thing.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 36
« First < 19272829 3031 > Last »
Up