Page 29 of 350
« First < 19272829 30313979129 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 04:29 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
:-)
:-)
Genetic Defect 04:39 PM 12-08-2008
No caffeine since last Wednesday. feeling good with out it:-)
longknocker 04:51 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
No caffeine since last Wednesday. feeling good with out it:-)
:-) Good for you, Bro! Unfortunately, with my "weird" working hours I need it!:-)
King James 05:47 PM 12-08-2008
back to gym tomorrow, no way I could have today w/ only 2 hrs sleep last night. Looking fwd to working out some stress/anger w/ school haha
Starscream 06:28 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Read this article, trust me. Foam Rollers.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...r_for_10_bucks
:-)Looks like that would make some soreness go away. $10 is cheap too!
BigFrank 06:51 PM 12-08-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
back to gym tomorrow, no way I could have today w/ only 2 hrs sleep last night. Looking fwd to working out some stress/anger w/ school haha
Ouch man two hours is rough. Oddly enough I have had some of my best workouts on little sleep. But then again, that may have been due to the fact I drank multiple energy drinks hahah.
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-)Looks like that would make some soreness go away. $10 is cheap too!
I have one and use the one at the gym from time to time. I think it helps. For 10 bucks its worth a shot. I am sure everyone here has spent 10 bucks on worse.
zemekone 10:52 PM 12-08-2008
sorry i havent been around guys life has been hectic, i subscribed to the thread so now i can keep coming back to it on my phone...

keep lifting heavy everyone!
icehog3 08:44 AM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
sorry i havent been around guys life has been hectic, i subscribed to the thread so now i can keep coming back to it on my phone...

Good to see you, Brother. :-)
King James 10:27 AM 12-09-2008
upper body day today... can't wait!
goalie204 10:33 AM 12-09-2008
Trying to lose weight, started working out and eating healthy, it's very hard when you've been out of shape as long as me, but i'm determined. Good luck for me
zemekone 12:50 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Trying to lose weight, started working out and eating healthy, it's very hard when you've been out of shape as long as me, but i'm determined. Good luck for me
The hardest part of getting back in shape is turning it into a habit and feeling bad when you can't get in...

If there's any advice you need we are all here more than willing to help.
fissure 12:56 PM 12-09-2008
How about a list of what the acronyms for exercise's mean? I follow the thread some as I am doing the at home gym but sometimes can't figure out what you guys are talking about:-) Watching what I eat and working out 3 times a week, I'm down 15 pounds and have gained noticeable muscle (chest and arms) in 4 months. Need to start shoulders/back, legs, and especially lower back (it always bothers me from sitting all day)
Genetic Defect 12:58 PM 12-09-2008
Steve for lower back I would concentrate on your core.
fissure 01:07 PM 12-09-2008
Anything specific? Crunches?
zemekone 01:10 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by fissure:
especially lower back (it always bothers me from sitting all day)
Perry is right... Core, core, core!

If you workout at home grab yourself a exersise ball and do core strengthening exersises.

Give yoga a try too...
Genetic Defect 03:05 PM 12-09-2008
this is a website that has most of the exercises that I did in PT after my back surgery.

http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exerc...exercises.html
goalie204 03:22 PM 12-09-2008
The hardest part of getting back in shape is turning it into a habit and feeling bad when you can't get in...

Appreciate it, altho i'm not sure i've ever been in shape (maybe when i was 13-14 and active), but i want to be healthy and not get diabetes and lower my risk of any other fat guy related stuff.

I've been doing my own version of the beginners exercises on http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/beginner.html

Basically I've got to start slow, every time in the past i've tried to start, i couldn't stick to it because i would go to hard and say "Screw this", so i'm kind of doing my own thing. We'll see how it goes, thanks for the offer tho

I definitely don't love to work out, but i've only been doing it for a week or so now, but i definitely feel aWESOME after doing it, so hopefully this will be what gets me off my ass to do it :P
BigFrank 04:02 PM 12-09-2008
Consistency is key. set short and long term goals. plan times to take away from the gym. remember the mind can get fatigue too!

Heavy Pull Night
DeadLifts
515x3 - 515x3 - 515x5 (shoulda hit 6, but weight felt funny so I dropped it)
Good Mornings
135x10x3
Pull Ups
BW+100x5x3
Hang Cleans Supersetted with Rows
135x6x3 --185x20x2

Did some neck work while I starred uncomfortably at some smoking hot chick.
BigFrank 04:02 PM 12-09-2008

Hope all is ok zeme, let me know.

2nd the advice thing. Anything ya guys want to ask I say shoot. Granted you may spark a huge debate due to the different training styles and methods each of the members use. but I personally think reading through the workout debate banter is a great way for guys new to it all to get a good idea of all aspects of training. its all trial and error sometimes. See or hear something new, give it a go. If it doesnt work oh well. If it does then you are 1 step ahead.
zemekone 04:44 PM 12-09-2008
Everything is a bit better thanks frank...
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Hope all is ok zeme, let me know.

2nd the advice thing. Anything ya guys want to ask I say shoot. Granted you may spark a huge debate due to the different training styles and methods each of the members use. but I personally think reading through the workout debate banter is a great way for guys new to it all to get a good idea of all aspects of training. its all trial and error sometimes. See or hear something new, give it a go. If it doesnt work oh well. If it does then you are 1 step ahead.
Debate? I thought we came to the conclusion I'm always right! :-)

On serious note frank is right about the differnt training theories and styles that you can pick up here...
Page 29 of 350
« First < 19272829 30313979129 > Last »
Up