Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 289 of 350
« First < 189239279287288289 290291299339 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigCat 10:35 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Here's a question. Ive always heard lighter weight/more reps equals leaner muscle mass. What constitutes more reps? 12? 20? Here's my situation. After losing a lot of weight, I'vebeen incorporating weight training into my routine. I've seen nice results over the last couple of months. But in doing so, I've put back on 5-7 lbs. I know it's muscle weight, but psychologically it's killing me to see the scale going up. So I'd like to basically stay where I'm at, but losing some of the last bit of fat. So to not put on more mass do I stay at my current weights just upping the reps?
What I have read, as it relates to reducing body fat percentage, is that if you eat at a caloric deficit, meaning less calories than your body burns, and continue to lift heavy, while also getting enough protein (I've read 1 gram per pound of lean muscle mass), you will loose the fat while minimizing muscle loss. I think if you've gained 5-7 pounds, its either water weight or you are eating more than you think since you stopped tracking. Just my :-) I'm still working off the fat, so take it for what it's worth (probably not much).
Chainsaw13 10:50 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Yes, the diuretic pill is quite common for water retention. Not sure how old you are, but the swelling can be due to hormone inbalance. Male menopause, lol..

Consider getting a blood panel done so you know where your levels are including hormones (HGH and Testosterone), liver, colon and insulin. Might be able to get insurance to pay for it too. Generally they won't, but even out of pocket is well worth it.
I had blood drawn last week, along with a echo of my heart. Just waiting on those results.
mosesbotbol 12:40 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I had blood drawn last week, along with a echo of my heart. Just waiting on those results.
Swelling could be related to a diabetic condition too. Did you fast before the blood was drawn?
Chainsaw13 12:50 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Swelling could be related to a diabetic condition too. Did you fast before the blood was drawn?
No, that's next month when I have my A1C checked.
Stephen 01:05 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I mix up my pre-workout drinks so I don't become "immune" to any of them, Huy. Right now, it is berween Jack3d, Hemo-Rage Ultra and White Flood. Both Jack3d and Hemo-Rage Ultra are being taken off the market by the FDA due to one of their ingredients being compared to metha-amphetimine. I grabbed 4 of each to start, so I have plenty to last until something new takes their place.

During the workout, I either finish any remaining pre-workout supplement, or drink water.

Afterwards, some whey isolate along with one of several recovery drinks with BCAAs.
Have you tried Muscle Marinade? Love that stuff. Next purchase will probably be Craze; heard nothing but good things about it.
Bill86 01:14 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Have you tried Muscle Marinade? Love that stuff. Next purchase will probably be Craze; heard nothing but good things about it.
Do yourself a HUGE favor, pass on the grape. It is repulsive. Craze is nuts for sure, but it gave me a wicked cottonmouth I didn't like and turned my stomach a bit. I'd still only use it once a week, I tried using it 3 times a week and after 3 weeks and I lost half the effects.

But yeah, try 2 scoops the first time you do it....probably certain tunnel vision. It's intense.

I've been thinking about trying the new Berry Lemonade, it's getting a 9.4 for flavor. "Candy Grape" had like a 7.0.
Stephen 01:30 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Do yourself a HUGE favor, pass on the grape. It is repulsive. Craze is nuts for sure, but it gave me a wicked cottonmouth I didn't like and turned my stomach a bit. I'd still only use it once a week, I tried using it 3 times a week and after 3 weeks and I lost half the effects.

But yeah, try 2 scoops the first time you do it....probably certain tunnel vision. It's intense.

I've been thinking about trying the new Berry Lemonade, it's getting a 9.4 for flavor. "Candy Grape" had like a 7.0.
Thanks for the head's up! :-)
icehog3 02:48 PM 07-03-2012
Haven't tried either of them, Stephen...I will give them a look-see on BB.com, thanks for the heads-up. :-)
Bill86 02:02 PM 07-04-2012
From what I could read is MM isn't sold on BB.com. Probably due to the 80 mg of 1,3 Dim that is it in. Some people say if you liked Jack3d you'll like MM. Others say it's too stim heavy and tastes god awful. Apparently fresh fruit is the ticket from what I could read. Not sure I want to get into the really stim heavy PWO's. But that is what it is, 300mg caffeine, 80 mg of 1,3 dim. There might also be a wicked crash or come down.
Jon11 02:19 PM 07-04-2012
The best pre-workout that I have tried (and I've tried a bunch!) is 1mr by BPI sports. Nothing comes close. This stuff is awesome. Try it you won't be disappointed.
icehog3 02:30 PM 07-04-2012
Originally Posted by Jon11:
The best pre-workout that I have tried (and I've tried a bunch!) is 1mr by BPI sports. Nothing comes close. This stuff is awesome. Try it you won't be disappointed.
Liked it until they changed the formula a couple months ago to avoid being banned by the FDA along with Hemorage Ultra and Jack3d. Isn't even close to what it was anymore. :-)
Stephen 02:47 PM 07-04-2012
From what I could read is MM isn't sold on BB.com. Probably due to the 80 mg of 1,3 Dim that is it in. Some people say if you liked Jack3d you'll like MM. Others say it's too stim heavy and tastes god awful. Apparently fresh fruit is the ticket from what I could read. Not sure I want to get into the really stim heavy PWO's. But that is what it is, 300mg caffeine, 80 mg of 1,3 dim. There might also be a wicked crash or come down.
I get it off of Amazon (although I'm positive bb.com used to sell it). No tax and no shipping. Yeah, it's stim heavy, but for those taking Jack3d that's something they're probably not too worried about. Personally never had issues with crashing. I've tried Cherry Limeade, but usually stick with Fruit Punch.
Bill86 09:26 PM 07-04-2012
I get it off of Amazon (although I'm positive bb.com used to sell it). No tax and no shipping. Yeah, it's stim heavy, but for those taking Jack3d that's something they're probably not too worried about. Personally never had issues with crashing. I've tried Cherry Limeade, but usually stick with Fruit Punch.
Okay hell you sold me, I read you could take a half a scoop to start and probably do just fine. I got it for like $31 shipped. Not complaining I bought the Fresh Fruit or whatever flavor. Starting to get into too high of servings on the regular non-stim PWO's anyways (3-4 scoops on most of them).
icehog3 11:53 PM 07-04-2012
Okay hell you sold me, I read you could take a half a scoop to start and probably do just fine. I got it for like $31 shipped. Not complaining I bought the Fresh Fruit or whatever flavor. Starting to get into too high of servings on the regular non-stim PWO's anyways (3-4 scoops on most of them).
Yup, I'm gonna try it too....just ordered from Amazon.
zemekone 11:58 PM 07-04-2012
ok ok ok... im back

mostly been working and helping a couple fighters on their strength and conditioning....

but im back!
icehog3 11:59 PM 07-04-2012
geRRy! Image
Bill86 12:31 AM 07-05-2012
Not sure if you know but after looking into it for a bit it seems there are a few more with the 1,3 dim (DMAA) that didn't get the axe or are still on the market. Allmax Razor8 and Supp-D were a few I found. It seems Jack3d is still around. I'm assuming they never changed the formula and the online shops will have it for a while.
Stephen 06:20 AM 07-05-2012
Yeah, I did a half scoop for the first week or so when I first used it just to be on the safe side. Let me know what you guys think!
icehog3 10:13 AM 07-05-2012
Not sure if you know but after looking into it for a bit it seems there are a few more with the 1,3 dim (DMAA) that didn't get the axe or are still on the market. Allmax Razor8 and Supp-D were a few I found. It seems Jack3d is still around. I'm assuming they never changed the formula and the online shops will have it for a while.
Yeah, my gym has enough of a supply of Jack3d and Hemorage to last a while...

Yeah, I did a half scoop for the first week or so when I first used it just to be on the safe side. Let me know what you guys think!
I am pretty immune....I'll probably start with 4 scoops, Stephen. :-)
zemekone 10:49 AM 07-05-2012
morning workout...

30 weighted dips
30 weighted pullups
box jumps 2x10
barbell bench press 3x4-6
barbell incline bench press 2x4-6
farmer walks 4x25ft

have you guys ever tried maximize v2 by iforce? the old formula is on amazon, and does contain 1,3 dim
Page 289 of 350
« First < 189239279287288289 290291299339 > Last »
Up