Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 288 of 350
« First < 188238278286287288 289290298338 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Adriftpanda 02:48 AM 06-14-2012
Just curious about what you guys take, this is what I take.

Pre workout - Jacked3D
Intra workout - water/bcaa
Post workout - hydrobolic fx protein
icehog3 10:45 PM 06-14-2012
I mix up my pre-workout drinks so I don't become "immune" to any of them, Huy. Right now, it is berween Jack3d, Hemo-Rage Ultra and White Flood. Both Jack3d and Hemo-Rage Ultra are being taken off the market by the FDA due to one of their ingredients being compared to metha-amphetimine. I grabbed 4 of each to start, so I have plenty to last until something new takes their place.

During the workout, I either finish any remaining pre-workout supplement, or drink water.

Afterwards, some whey isolate along with one of several recovery drinks with BCAAs.
Adriftpanda 05:54 PM 06-15-2012
I did the same, I bought a few Jacked3D myself. I go between jacked and Hemovex.
Bill86 06:10 PM 06-15-2012
My current supplements

Preworkouts (all taken with Con-Crete)
MusclePharm Assault
Muscletech Neurocore
Cellucor C4
Starchem labs momentum

Intra workout
BSN AminoX
Starchem Labs Evolution X7
Scivation Xtend

icehog3 06:24 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Scivation Xtend
Xtend has been my main after-workout supplement lately, mixed with some other protein sources.
Bill86 06:38 PM 06-15-2012
It's good stuff, I just got mine not too long ago as well.

Sometimes Evolution X7, which I think works much quicker intra workout, messes with me and it takes a bit because I get kind of queasy. Bodybuilding.com sent me like 4 samples of AminoX so I've been trying that recently.

It's a good product as well with a great price point. Tastes absolutely wonderful too. $20 for 30 servings. I'll probably pick up a bottle of it. The only odd thing I did not get at all is they recommend cycling off it :-)

Perhaps someone could explain why? It's a post workout, none of them I've seen every recommending cycling.
icehog3 07:04 PM 06-15-2012
Does it contain creatine?
Adriftpanda 07:04 PM 06-15-2012
I was using Xtend for a while as well.

Just ordered some casein protein.
Adriftpanda 07:06 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Does it contain creatine?
Nope.
icehog3 07:08 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Nope.
I am not sure why then either, I will assume since it's post, it doesn't have any form of caffeine either.
Adriftpanda 07:16 PM 06-15-2012
I have no idea why either... Here what it says.

Q: When's the best time to consume Xtend?
A: Two university studies suggest that Xtend is significantly effective at increasing muscle mass and strength, and reducing body fat when consumed during exercise or immediately prior to and after training.* It's recommended that you begin consuming Xtend immediately prior to, and continue sipping on Xtend throughout your training or competition. Many users also report significantly improved gains when Xtend is consumed immediately upon waking-up in the morning and/or sipping on Xtend throughout the day.
Bill86 11:52 PM 06-15-2012
Yeah Xtend basically tells you to constantly consume their product, even multiple servings, and BSN says cycle off. Both recovery products.

Here's what AminoX says

To maximize the effects of AMINOx™ consume 120 oz. of water per day and a diet that is rich in protein and carbohydrates. Your body chemistry and weight will determine how long it takes to experience the effect of AMINOx™. AMINOx™ begins to induce its maximum effects in weeks 3-12. After 12 weeks of use, discontinue for at least 4 weeks.

:-)
Chainsaw13 05:51 PM 07-02-2012
Here's a question. Ive always heard lighter weight/more reps equals leaner muscle mass. What constitutes more reps? 12? 20? Here's my situation. After losing a lot of weight, I'vebeen incorporating weight training into my routine. I've seen nice results over the last couple of months. But in doing so, I've put back on 5-7 lbs. I know it's muscle weight, but psychologically it's killing me to see the scale going up. So I'd like to basically stay where I'm at, but losing some of the last bit of fat. So to not put on more mass do I stay at my current weights just upping the reps?
Adriftpanda 04:11 AM 07-03-2012
How many calories are you taking in a day? Has your diet changed since working out?
Chainsaw13 06:03 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
How many calories are you taking in a day? Has your diet changed since working out?
Around 2300-2500. I'm pretty diligent about what I eat. I don't track it like I used to but I"m eating the same kinds of foods/portions while I was maintaining my weight. When I was dropping the lbs, I was taking in around 1700-2000/day.
mosesbotbol 07:28 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
So to not put on more mass do I stay at my current weights just upping the reps?
Have you done any BMI tests? Most important factor in "How fat am I?" is to measure the actual fat. Your weight could be due to water retention and muscle, not actually more fat. Another factor is how your clothes fit. You may be heavier yet your clothes fit better.

On the workout front, I would up the long medium paced cardio (at least 30 minutes at pace you can still talk at) and keep the weights at whatever rep level you are comfortable with. Count your calories and you'll have to lose more fat...
Chainsaw13 07:48 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Have you done any BMI tests? Most important factor in "How fat am I?" is to measure the actual fat. Your weight could be due to water retention and muscle, not actually more fat. Another factor is how your clothes fit. You may be heavier yet your clothes fit better.

On the workout front, I would up the long medium paced cardio (at least 30 minutes at pace you can still talk at) and keep the weights at whatever rep level you are comfortable with. Count your calories and you'll have to lose more fat...
My pants/shorts still fit the same as when I was down at the 183-185 mark (currently I"m around 190-192). Shirts have a more fitted look with the development I've had in my upper body, since that's what I've been concentrating on.

Besides the weight workouts, I've still been running a lot. I want to do a half marathon later this fall, so cardio isn't an issue. I think you're right though and I need to log my food intake to make sure I'm eating what I think.

Still wondering though about reps with lighter weights. If I can easily do 15+ reps per set of a particular exercise, is that really doing me any good?
mosesbotbol 08:48 AM 07-03-2012
Still wondering though about reps with lighter weights. If I can easily do 15+ reps per set of a particular exercise, is that really doing me any good?
Whether you do 8 reps or 20, you should be in similar state of fatigue on the last reps. If you blast though 15, then just add weight. On high rep sets, just add 5’s or 2.5’s instead of repeating the same weight.

Personally, I like it traditional with 10 rep sets, but it is recommended to go up in reps when over 40 years old… Make the difference back on stretching to keep the body long and range of motion in check.

If you think you are retaining water, watch your sodium intake. Do you have any swelling in lower legs?
Chainsaw13 08:56 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:

If you think you are retaining water, watch your sodium intake. Do you have any swelling in lower legs?
Surprising you ask that. I've been experiencing this for a couple of months, always below the knee and when I'm standing around for long periods of time. Doesn't do it when i'm active and on my feet. I saw the doc the other day and he gave me a script for a diuretic.
mosesbotbol 09:53 AM 07-03-2012
Surprising you ask that. I've been experiencing this for a couple of months, always below the knee and when I'm standing around for long periods of time. Doesn't do it when i'm active and on my feet. I saw the doc the other day and he gave me a script for a diuretic.
Yes, the diuretic pill is quite common for water retention. Not sure how old you are, but the swelling can be due to hormone inbalance. Male menopause, lol..

Consider getting a blood panel done so you know where your levels are including hormones (HGH and Testosterone), liver, colon and insulin. Might be able to get insurance to pay for it too. Generally they won't, but even out of pocket is well worth it.
Page 288 of 350
« First < 188238278286287288 289290298338 > Last »
Up