Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 287 of 351
« First < 187237277285286287 288289297337 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
EricF 03:28 PM 05-07-2011
Currently enjoying a Chimay Cinq Cents with a LP 9 Robusto.
Jbailey 05:07 PM 05-07-2011
Founders Double Trouble
cobra03 06:26 PM 05-07-2011
Lagunitas Wilko Tango Foxtrot. Fantastic im going to have to pick up a few more of these. :-)
awsmith4 09:50 PM 05-07-2011
Hellhound
Pliny the Elder (thanks JB!)
Squall
Woodshed 36K Seconds IPA (my homebrew)
Woodshed Dunkel
Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial
Founders Imperial Stout
eldondo 08:45 AM 05-08-2011
I had a fantastic Ter Dolen Triple from 1990....
Jbailey 09:17 AM 05-08-2011
WOW Heiko!
BeerAdvocate 02:17 PM 05-08-2011
BLVD Tank 7 Saison = Mmmmmmmmm
jjirons69 08:07 AM 05-09-2011
Went to a Belgium Beer class Friday night. Very neat class, to say the least. Tried some unique beers. Picked up a Victory Twelve and a New Belgium Lips of Faith La Folie after the class. Had the Victory last night. A very good brew. The La Folie will go down tonight.

b0rderman 09:32 AM 05-09-2011
still some 2010 kickin around SC eh? Nice!
jjirons69 09:47 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by b0rderman:
still some 2010 kickin around SC eh? Nice!
Good stuff!
jjirons69 07:35 PM 05-09-2011
Half way through a pint of the La Folie. Lip-puckering goodness!
landhoney 08:09 AM 05-10-2011
Another banner night at Coffee District, and had a great time with everyone great beers or not....but they were great:

-Three Floyds - Rabbid Rabbit (saison)
-New Glarus Unplugged - Old English Porter (this was very good!)
-Shiner Ruby Redbird (I actually missed this one)
-Coronado Islander IPA
-Haand Brewery - Smokey Lambic (this was weirrrrd, others liked it, and while I love sours the smokiness with the sour just did not work for me, well made beer though, they did a good job with it despite it not being 'my thing')
-New Belgium - Sahti (eh, so-so)
Goose Island - Pepe Nero (interesting beer, pretty good too)
Foothills Brewery - Hoppyum (OK)
Ommegang - Cup o' Kindness (belgian /scottish ale, smokey with heather, good beer)
Rasputin - 12th Anni Bourbon Barrel (nice beer)
Widmer Bros - Galaxy hopped barleywine (OK)
Hair of the Dog - Doggie Claws (really good)
Liefmans - Brut (surprise of the night, very well made beer.....and most important not too sweet!)

Hillfarmstead - Jim (Black IPA aged in Pinot Noir Barrels and dry-hopped with Simcoe, this was and exxxxxcellent beer, very complex with a ton going on, but dry and drinkable, very rare beer as well, only 300 bottles made :-)

Oh, and one more, last beer of the night:

It was amazing! It's Black Tuesday (already bourbon barrel aged) aged with cocoa nibs and vanilla. I was afraid it would be too sweet and cloying (a couple Bruery beers strike me as this) but it was not. The first sip the finish lasted forever, reminded me of Westy 12 that way. Huge bourbon character, and nice choclate and vanilla, very complex but drinkable beer. A+:-)
cricky101 08:36 AM 05-10-2011
Had a couple Summit Gold Sovereign Ales while minding the grill last night.
awsmith4 08:44 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Another banner night at Coffee District, and had a great time with everyone great beers or not....but they were great:

-Three Floyds - Rabbid Rabbit (saison)
-New Glarus Unplugged - Old English Porter (this was very good!)
-Shiner Ruby Redbird (I actually missed this one)
-Coronado Islander IPA
-Haand Brewery - Smokey Lambic (this was weirrrrd, others liked it, and while I love sours the smokiness with the sour just did not work for me, well made beer though, they did a good job with it despite it not being 'my thing')
-New Belgium - Sahti (eh, so-so)
Goose Island - Pepe Nero (interesting beer, pretty good too)
Foothills Brewery - Hoppyum (OK)
Ommegang - Cup o' Kindness (belgian /scottish ale, smokey with heather, good beer)
Rasputin - 12th Anni Bourbon Barrel (nice beer)
Widmer Bros - Galaxy hopped barleywine (OK)
Hair of the Dog - Doggie Claws (really good)
Liefmans - Brut (surprise of the night, very well made beer.....and most important not too sweet!)

Hillfarmstead - Jim (Black IPA aged in Pinot Noir Barrels and dry-hopped with Simcoe, this was and exxxxxcellent beer, very complex with a ton going on, but dry and drinkable, very rare beer as well, only 300 bottles made :-)

Oh, and one more, last beer of the night:

It was amazing! It's Black Tuesday (already bourbon barrel aged) aged with cocoa nibs and vanilla. I was afraid it would be too sweet and cloying (a couple Bruery beers strike me as this) but it was not. The first sip the finish lasted forever, reminded me of Westy 12 that way. Huge bourbon character, and nice choclate and vanilla, very complex but drinkable beer. A+:-)
Wow what a list! And you finish with Chocolate Rain!!! Sounds like a fantastic evening:-)
Blindjimme 09:22 AM 05-10-2011
Wow, I second that. You guys always have quite the eclectic collection of brew styles. Very nice!
kaisersozei 10:39 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Wow what a list! And you finish with Chocolate Rain!!! Sounds like a fantastic evening:-)
Sounds like a :-) beer!

But now I have that stupid song stuck in my head :-) at least it's the impromptu jazz version from LeRoi Moore, DMB's saxophonist. :-)
landhoney 12:16 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Sounds like a :-) beer!

But now I have that stupid song stuck in my head :-) at least it's the impromptu jazz version from LeRoi Moore, DMB's saxophonist. :-)
:-) Most of the guys last night had never heard of it, had to bring it up on my iPhone, it's a "classic" (note the quotes :-))

No one had tried it before, not even the guy that brought it, made it extra special that we were all tasting it for the first time together.
Skywalker 01:25 PM 05-10-2011
Sierra Nevada Juniper Black Ale!:-)
newcigarz 02:06 PM 05-10-2011
Wow Seth, that's quite the lineup. :-)
Zeuceone 04:42 PM 05-10-2011
Scuttlebutt belgian ale. Actually not that bad for $4 and 9%abv to boot.

Page 287 of 351
« First < 187237277285286287 288289297337 > Last »
Up