Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 285 of 350
« First < 185235275283284285 286287295335 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 08:07 PM 04-07-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
You incline bench lovers are crazy! If I do it, it is with dumbbells

But you did remind me to take my fish oil! :-)
You can oil your fish, just don't grease your weasel. :-)
GreekGodX 08:16 PM 04-07-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You can oil your fish, just don't grease your weasel. :-)
:-)

I'll leave that to the professionals :-)
icehog3 08:22 PM 04-07-2012

I'll leave that to the professionals :-)
I'm only semi-pro. :-)
mosesbotbol 06:52 AM 04-08-2012
You incline bench lovers are crazy! If I do it, it is with dumbbells

But you did remind me to take my fish oil! :-)
Inclines aren't so bad when the bench angle adjusts. I don't like it very steep. Declines I am not too into at all.
GreekGodX 07:09 AM 04-08-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Inclines aren't so bad when the bench angle adjusts. I don't like it very steep. Declines I am not too into at all.
I like decline. Takes off a lot of stress from my shoulders.
icehog3 09:23 AM 04-08-2012
I like decline. Takes off a lot of stress from my shoulders.
I can't (or won't) do declines as all, Son, I don't like the position. :-)

I use weighted dips and plate loading decline machine (sitting upright) to build lower pecs.
Bill86 03:54 PM 04-10-2012
Well I can say this: Universal Shock Therapy does not work at all.

Yesterday I took 1.5 scoops, today I just took 2.5 scoops 45 minutes ago. Not a thing. Scoops are 20G (All in one Pre-workout like Assault). Crashed yesterday on this stuff, crashing again today. It does the complete opposite as it's supposed to. Sh*t puts me to sleep.

Just a heads up.

hammondc 04:20 PM 04-10-2012
No problem. I am scared to death of those supplements. I took white flood once and my heart rate went way up and I got all sweaty. Bleh....
icehog3 04:21 PM 04-10-2012
Thanks, Bill, one to scratch off my list.
Bill86 04:41 PM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
No problem. I am scared to death of those supplements. I took white flood once and my heart rate went way up and I got all sweaty. Bleh....
Yeah there are some side effects you can get. They always tell you to start low to access tolerance. My heart rate is always perfectly normal so I take usually 2 scoops of any pre-workout.

You will usually sweat more though, so that is "normal".

Thanks, Bill, one to scratch off my list.
If you haven't tried it yet I've gotten the best overall results from Muscle Pharm Assault. Tastes great no side effects, great with Con-crete. Nice boost of energy.

Craze is nuts but it gives me the worst cottonmouth and the flavor is just terrible. Supposed to be a new flavor in the next few months.

I'm sending back Shock Therapy tomorrow, I'll probably try out Scivation Novem or Infinite Labs Juggernaught next. I'll report back on the ones I do try out so it might help a few people in deciding which ones to try next.
icehog3 06:28 PM 04-10-2012
Thanks for the tips, Bill. :-)
kaisersozei 06:50 PM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
If you haven't tried it yet I've gotten the best overall results from Muscle Pharm Assault. Tastes great no side effects, great with Con-crete. Nice boost of energy.
Assault gives me that same tingling like Jack3d that I can't stand--my ears, eyelids, and fingertips just itch like mad. It goes away while I'm working out, but will sometimes come back. I can't take it, not sure what compound is doing that. So far, Body Rush has been the best side-effect free preworkout for me, especially for those 6am starts.
icehog3 06:52 PM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Assault gives me that same tingling like Jack3d that I can't stand--my ears, eyelids, and fingertips just itch like mad. It goes away while I'm working out, but will sometimes come back. I can't take it, not sure what compound is doing that.
It's the beta alanine. It's completely harmless. Beta alanine is a very effective ingredient as well.
kaisersozei 07:00 PM 04-10-2012
It's the beta alanine. It's completely harmless. Beta alanine is a very effective ingredient as well.
Wonder if Assault & Jack3d are at different concentrations than Body Rush, which doesn't give me that same tingling? My wife & stepson both use Assault, and they don't have that irritation, maybe it's just my old body :-)
Bill86 07:34 PM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Assault gives me that same tingling like Jack3d that I can't stand--my ears, eyelids, and fingertips just itch like mad. It goes away while I'm working out, but will sometimes come back. I can't take it, not sure what compound is doing that. So far, Body Rush has been the best side-effect free preworkout for me, especially for those 6am starts.
What Tom said it's Beta-Alanine. The tingling feeling is perfectly normal, however the itching from what I've heard is a side effect that some people get.

I do feel the tingling in my arms but not my face or fingertips. No itching either.

Looks like I'm ordering Starchem Labs Momentum tonight and I'll get SciVation Novem next week once I send back Shock Therapy. I'll post reviews of both.
DBall 12:05 AM 04-11-2012
All those things scare me and I've never even tried em... I get worried about taking stuff like that as I'm prone to anxiety. I just pound a quick shot of espresso right before I go. :-)
Bill86 12:23 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
All those things scare me and I've never even tried em... I get worried about taking stuff like that as I'm prone to anxiety. I just pound a quick shot of espresso right before I go. :-)
My advice is honestly if you're good with your current workout and energy level don't bother. I've done the espresso and while it works well, this is just a little bit different.

I usually don't have much motivation or energy so it's a good swift kick in the ass that lasts 2-3 hours that I need. I do find it puts me in a good mood too.
DBall 12:29 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
My advice is honestly if you're good with your current workout and energy level don't bother. I've done the espresso and while it works well, this is just a little bit different.

I usually don't have much motivation or energy so it's a good swift kick in the ass that lasts 2-3 hours that I need. I do find it puts me in a good mood too.

Yeah... not really a motivation issue with me... I really enjoy the gym. :-)
icehog3 12:32 AM 04-11-2012
More about focus and endurance than motivation for me...but I agree with Bill, if you are happy with the results you are getting now, Dan, don't change it up. Maybe try it if you hit a plateau.
mosesbotbol 06:44 AM 04-11-2012
I can't (or won't) do declines as all, Son, I don't like the position. :-)
Same here.
Page 285 of 350
« First < 185235275283284285 286287295335 > Last »
Up