Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 283 of 350
« First < 183233273281282283 284285293333 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 10:13 AM 03-22-2012
Son, I am having the same results as you getting back to volume for awhile. I am hoping to keep making progress cycling through the two programs for the forseeable future. :-)

Bill, I use several different pre-workout mixes, and I cycle through them. Your system definitely gets "used" to the same type of caffeine and other ingredients after a few weeks, so I find that cycling the different ones keeps me from getting "immune".

As I am sure Christos, Moses and others in this thread will tell you, some of the supplements that work great for one person don't work well for the next, so you have to see which ones work for you. My lineup of PWs that I cycle through includes White Flood, Hemo-Rage Ultra, Jack3d and 1MR.

Chip, I think the benefit of pull-ups for the chest is actually the stretch the pec muscles get when the back muscles are fully contracted. While I don't feel direct work on the chest doing pull-ups, I think the full stretch they get ultimately makes the pecs "fuller".
Bill86 10:39 AM 03-22-2012
I just did 2 scoops of C4 for the first time, while the flavor was great it just didn't give me the energy it should. Instead I f*cked up my left shoulder. I hopefully it will heal up quickly. Doesn't feel like a muscle :-)

Called the company and as I guessed they told me most of the active ingredients are similar and I should just cycle off any preworkout for 2 weeks if I get use to them.

Apparently legally they can't tell you to take more than 2 scoops. I was just going to increase the dosage when I feel 100% again, but I guess I'll try cycling off for a bit or order something else without the same main ingredient. Probably order a few and use them all once a week.

Kind of feeling a crash as well :-)
mosesbotbol 11:57 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
What can I thrown in to advance chest development?
Do a 20 set rep of bench or flies and immediately go into strict form push up's. Do 20 push up's after each set. If you have to go onto your knees to finish, that is fine as long as the body is straight as board with a contracted core. :-)

Let me know how you make out.
Stephen 12:22 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Do a 20 set rep of bench or flies and immediately go into strict form push up's. Do 20 push up's after each set. If you have to go onto your knees to finish, that is fine as long as the body is straight as board with a contracted core. :-)

Let me know how you make out.
I used to do something similar that I called, "burnouts." What I would do (and I'd always make it the last chest movement) is use a weight that I could comfortably do ten (flat) bench reps. For the sake of explanation, let's say 100lbs. dumbbells. I would do ten reps, then immediately without rest half the weight (50lbs.) and do ten more reps (focusing on form), and then half the weight AGAIN (25 lbs.) and do ten more reps (again, making sure to keep good form). I would do two sets of these (usually the last weight on the last set I'd do to failure). If your chest isn't screaming at you by the end of the second set...
gorob23 12:42 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by zemekone:
Some of you were asking for a workout thread here you go...

off to the gym now...

F your workout

Rob :-)
GreekGodX 12:54 PM 03-22-2012
While I am typing. I figure I could ask you folks about a few new exercises for chest. I quit the gym to work out at home and I have a pretty solid collection of dumbells going. Bis and Tris are coming a along nicely. What can I thrown in to advance chest development?

Current chest exercises
Lots of pushups - Millitary, standard, wide, decline
Chest press - incline and flat. Bench will not do decline
Flys on the bench

I have been doing pull-ups too. Is there any chest development in that? Seems like mostly shoulders, Bis, back.
A good chest exercise that I've been doing is a power fly. Use more weight than you would use for a normal fly. When you go down don't go as wide as you would for a fly then come up like a press. Make sure to squeeze at the top and get a good stretch at the bottom.

As far as pull-ups for chest development, I would argue that it does help. What Tom said is how I feel it helps as well. It will make your chest appear fuller and bigger. Plus a stronger back will help in chest pressing exercises.
hammondc 03:00 PM 03-22-2012
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll have to try those supersets that Moses mentioned and maybe the powerfly too. Stepehen, I already do that workout, but call them stripsets. THey work great for Biceps too. My forearms are usually on fire by the end.
mosesbotbol 03:07 PM 03-22-2012
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll have to try those supersets that Moses mentioned and maybe the powerfly too. Stepehen, I already do that workout, but call them stripsets. THey work great for Biceps too. My forearms are usually on fire by the end.
My friend is a well known personal trainer around Boston and he does this technique with his clients. I saves a lot of client time for good results. The other thing he does; instead of resting between sets, go onto the treadmill for 5 mintues between exercises. Do 2 min at 3.7 mph flat, 1 minute 3.5mph at 15% incline, and 1 min 3.7 at flat.

Your muscles are "resting", but you are getting burning cardio. He can turn out an incredible workout in 30-35 minutes that people pay a lot for. The whole workout has no down time.
hammondc 09:53 AM 03-25-2012
Are you talking about the stripsets? Yeah, they hurt. I will sometimes do 'high knee obliques' from insanity between sets..
Chainsaw13 10:38 AM 03-25-2012
Not sure if this is in the P90X or Insanity discs, but my uncle just told me about a killer ab exercise. Get into a plank position, bring your right knee as close to your right elbow as you can, then bring it across to your left elbow, back to the right and back to plank. Repeat with the left leg. That's one rep. Do as many as you can. I'm doing 2-3 sets of 10 right now and my abs are screaming.
GreekGodX 09:17 AM 03-27-2012
Need to remember to take fish oil :-)
icehog3 10:37 AM 03-27-2012
Been out of the gym for a week, not wanting to make this URI worse before the hockey finals. Now that hockey is over for 3 weeks, I will get back into the gym by Thursday regardless of whether this is all cleared up or not.
hammondc 05:31 PM 03-28-2012
OK, tried the super super sets yesterday and they were killer.

here's my circuit
-30 Pushups
-12 reps flat bench
-30 Pull wide front pullups
-12 reps power flys

I did this 4 times through. I MAY have been able to struggle through a 5th.
mosesbotbol 06:33 PM 03-28-2012
OK, tried the super super sets yesterday and they were killer.

here's my circuit
-30 Pushups
-12 reps flat bench
-30 Pull wide front pullups
-12 reps power flys

I did this 4 times through. I MAY have been able to struggle through a 5th.
You did 4 sets of 30 wide pull up's? That's a lot even for one set. I don't think I have ever seen someone do one set of 30 wide pull up's never mind 4 sets of them! You must be an animal!
icehog3 06:46 PM 03-28-2012
You did 4 sets of 30 wide pull up's? That's a lot even for one set. I don't think I have ever seen someone do one set of 30 wide pull up's never mind 4 sets of them! You must be an animal!
I am up to 23-25 on my first set (fresh), but it drops pretty dramatically with each set after.
Devanmc 07:53 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am up to 23-25 on my first set (fresh), but it drops pretty dramatically with each set after.
strict or kipping?
mosesbotbol 08:15 PM 03-28-2012
If I did 15, I would be quite happy. I hear/feel crinking in my left shoulder doing them unless I am really warmed up, so I haven't been doing them as much as I use to. Pull up's are generally an early on back exercise.
icehog3 11:22 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
strict or kipping?
Strict, My Brother, and that's hauling about 240 lbs up on each rep. :-)
Devanmc 05:21 AM 03-29-2012
Strict, My Brother, and that's hauling about 240 lbs up on each rep. :-)
I figured, quite impressive.

I think i can do like 10-11 strict.
hammondc 06:30 PM 03-29-2012
Oh hell no. It's more like 10+8+7+5. Jeezus. They are hard as hell. I am thinking of splitting them to 15 wide / 15 close grip.
Page 283 of 350
« First < 183233273281282283 284285293333 > Last »
Up