Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 280 of 350
« First < 180230270278279280 281282290330 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
DBall 06:43 AM 02-10-2012
Realized yesterday that no music = lame ass workout... it's hard to get pumped when the regular radio is on and Britney Spears is playing... :-)
Mugen910 06:53 AM 02-10-2012
Haha...usually music doesnt dictate my workout. I noticed that my meals 45min before do. Small bowl of pasta at 430 then had a killer workout.
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 08:55 AM 02-10-2012
It's all different strokes for different folks, Brothers. I never eat before working out, Bao, I find a food in my stomach slows me down (especially carbs). And I can't imagine having to listen to the crap they put on the radio at my gym, sounds much like your gym, Dan. Gimmie a little "Powerage" ro "Highway to Hell" and I am good.
GreekGodX 04:38 PM 02-10-2012
Enter Sandman :-)

I eat carbs before and after all my workouts. Definitely helps my workouts. A good clean carb source plus some is Surge Workout Fuel from http://www.t-nation.com. Flavor is great, and it goes down like a sports drink.
mosesbotbol 10:35 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
It's all different strokes for different folks, Brothers. I never eat before working out, Bao, I find a food in my stomach slows me down (especially carbs).
Blood centers to the stomach when full; not the muscles.
icehog3 12:22 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Blood centers to the stomach when full; not the muscles.
That is definitely part of it, coupled with the fact that carbs make me tired. Maybe the blood doesn't center in my brain on a full stomach either. :-)
Bill86 03:11 PM 02-13-2012
Just got in the Optimum Nutrition gold standard Rocky Road. Damn tasty :-)

Bodybuilding.com was out of it for quite a bit.
Mugen910 03:14 PM 02-13-2012
That is definitely part of it, coupled with the fact that carbs make me tired. Maybe the blood doesn't center in my brain on a full stomach either. :-)
yeah it's like a science experiment. Some people do well with pre-workout food some do not.

Do you guys do much cardio to burn the fat or stick with mostly lifting? I'm sure the combo of both is ideal but I'm not sure yet what mix yet.
icehog3 05:37 PM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
yeah it's like a science experiment. Some people do well with pre-workout food some do not.

Do you guys do much cardio to burn the fat or stick with mostly lifting? I'm sure the combo of both is ideal but I'm not sure yet what mix yet.
Skating 3-4 nights a week is all the cardio I need, Bao, I don't do any in the gym.
NeuRon 05:47 PM 02-13-2012
i do about 45 mins of treadmill right before listing.. i dont know if its a benefit, but it suits me.. lol
GreekGodX 06:30 PM 02-13-2012

Over the past couple of years I've come to the realization cardio is not that great for fat loss. I use a sled for my "cardio". I don't consider it cardio because it is more performance based, rips through fat and it builds a ton of muscle in your legs. Plus doing sled work has increased my aerobic work capacity tremendously, and I only do it 2-3 times a week. I would consider adding it to your workouts.

And you can do it very cheaply. I'm lucky my gym has one but I also have one at home that I made out of a tire that I got from a nearby autoshop for free (from their recycle pile). Put some weights in there attached a chain and got down to it. I sometimes use a rope instead of the chain but either can be had for under 10 bucks.
DBall 06:36 PM 02-13-2012
FINALLY got up 175 on incline bench press... that's 30 pounds more than I weigh. I've tried this a couple times over the past month and couldn't make it happen. Had a friend with me and did it without even the slightest assistance (got it once... tried again about 5 minutes later and couldn't do it for another rep, but still...).

I'm excited about that. :-)
icehog3 06:46 PM 02-13-2012
Congrats Dan! :-)
Mugen910 11:07 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Over the past couple of years I've come to the realization cardio is not that great for fat loss. I use a sled for my "cardio". I don't consider it cardio because it is more performance based, rips through fat and it builds a ton of muscle in your legs. Plus doing sled work has increased my aerobic work capacity tremendously, and I only do it 2-3 times a week. I would consider adding it to your workouts.

And you can do it very cheaply. I'm lucky my gym has one but I also have one at home that I made out of a tire that I got from a nearby autoshop for free (from their recycle pile). Put some weights in there attached a chain and got down to it. I sometimes use a rope instead of the chain but either can be had for under 10 bucks.
That's what I figured...I'm trying to shed more fat but I don't want to lose any of the muscle I've been building so far. Thanks.

Congrats on the PR Dan!

I'd skate Tom but I look like a fool on ice. :-)
icehog3 11:33 PM 02-14-2012
I'd skate Tom but I look like a fool on ice. :-)
Doesn't stop me, Bao. :-)

Killed it on back today. Hit my DG goals on bent over rows, added some heavy DB rows and T-bars for volume, then stretching from the pull-up rack with 135 lbs around my waist. Back is trashed, and that's a good thing.
mosesbotbol 05:21 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
FINALLY got up 175 on incline bench press... that's 30 pounds more than I weigh.
10 more till plates and quarters! Two plates are around the corner!
Chainsaw13 05:57 AM 02-15-2012
Sorry for the drive by posting, but just wanted to thank Tom. I bought 5lbs of the ON Cookies and Cream last night as I'm running low on my other flavors. Damn fine stuff, much better than the strawberry. Mixed well with my yogurt this morning. Got it at GNC for $45 too.
icehog3 08:09 AM 02-15-2012
Glad you dig the ON, Bob....next, try the Rocky Road. :-)
mosesbotbol 11:07 AM 02-15-2012
Glad you dig the ON, Bob....next, try the Rocky Road. :-)
The only Rocky Road I like from Baskin-Robbins
icehog3 11:13 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
The only Rocky Road I like from Baskin-Robbins
That's good too. :-)
Page 280 of 350
« First < 180230270278279280 281282290330 > Last »
Up