Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 28 of 220
« First < 18262728 29303878128 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
DBall 11:08 AM 01-02-2010
couple cigar shots (straight from the camera... no PS work done)

[Reply]
DBall 11:10 AM 01-02-2010
continued...

[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:38 AM 01-02-2010
Looking great Dan! Depth of field is better but id still like to see it opened up a little more.
[Reply]
elderboy02 03:05 PM 01-02-2010
Nice Dan!
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 03:59 PM 01-02-2010
Very classy photos there!
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:05 PM 01-03-2010
Just a little test run have not had a lot of time this weekend

[Reply]
McSmokey 08:40 PM 01-03-2010
[Reply]
Darrell 08:49 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
Just a little test run have not had a lot of time this weekend

How did you make everything gray except the berries?
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:50 PM 01-03-2010
such a great smoke!
[Reply]
DBall 09:42 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
How did you make everything gray except the berries?
The easiest way to do it is to open up the pic in photoshop or GIMP and find the color you want to preserve. These instructions are for PS, Gimp is pretty much the same, however.

Select it with the magic wand (and if you uncheck the "contiguous" box, it will select everything of that color)... you can fine tune what you select by using the lasso tool and the shift button to add to your selections or the alt button to subtract from it if you grab too much... zooming in is very helpful in this process.

Anyway, once you select everything of the color you want, right click and choose "select inverse" (you have to be on the "rectangle" select tool to find that in the right click menu... you could also "select inverse" from Select --> Select Inverse... or you could use [ctrl]+[shift]+[i]) and then go to Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate.

That's how to do it. If this isn't clear enough, I can do a little pictoral tutorial for it... it's damned easy.

I was teaching one of Shell's young cousins how to do this and here's the result of her attempt... only took about 15 minutes her first time (note that she also grabbed the flowers on the lapel, also):

[Reply]
Darrell 09:44 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
The easiest way to do it is to open up the pic in photoshop or GIMP and find the color you want to preserve. These instructions are for PS, Gimp is pretty much the same, however.

Select it with the magic wand (and if you uncheck the "contiguous" box, it will select everything of that color)... you can fine tune what you select by using the lasso tool and the shift button to add to your selections or the alt button to subtract from it if you grab too much... zooming in is very helpful in this process.

Anyway, once you select everything of the color you want, right click and choose "select inverse" and then go to Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate.

That's how to do it. If this isn't clear enough, I can do a little pictoral tutorial for it... it's damned easy.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks.
[Reply]
DBall 10:15 PM 01-03-2010
Another cool little tip... once you desaturate, you can always go into Image --> Adjustments --> Hue/Saturation and change the colors of the colored objects.
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:09 AM 01-04-2010
mmm, nice pics :-)

back in a month with some of mine :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 02:58 PM 01-04-2010
Got my T1i just in time for my trip to New Orleans. Enjoy the shots...

[Reply]
Footbag 02:59 PM 01-04-2010

[Reply]
McSmokey 06:35 PM 01-04-2010

BBQ anyone :-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 06:50 PM 01-04-2010
beautiful shots guys. I aspire to be able to take photos such as these. Thanks for sharing
[Reply]
McSmokey 07:33 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:

Anyway, once you select everything of the color you want, right click and choose "select inverse" (you have to be on the "rectangle" select tool to find that in the right click menu... you could also "select inverse" from Select --> Select Inverse... or you could use [ctrl]+[shift]+[i]) and then go to Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate.

I was teaching one of Shell's young cousins how to do this and here's the result of her attempt... only took about 15 minutes her first time (note that she also grabbed the flowers on the lapel, also):

I've been doing this the hard way apparently, I'm still a little dense on PS so pictorial lesson would be great :-)
[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:43 PM 01-04-2010
great shots in this thread. Thanks all for sharing.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:51 PM 01-04-2010
I've been doing this the hard way apparently, I'm still a little dense on PS so pictorial lesson would be great :-)
Me too.
I have Elements.
Would love to figure out how to do B&W with some things in color.
I guess it is a "layers" thing?
[Reply]
Page 28 of 220
« First < 18262728 29303878128 > Last »
Up