Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 28 of 82
« First < 18262728 29303878 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
357 01:47 PM 01-09-2012
[quote=Ahbroody;1525470]Omg. Friggin phone deleted.
Mike never said Homer doesn't get mugged. He does, but as even my kid knows when you stand there you are going to get sticked, tipped, and hit from behind. You want to stand there its the price. Always has been and I hope it always is. No one should get to stand there and not pay the price.
[quote]

I disagree. You should pay a price, but not the kind that is blatantly a penalty and is never called. A crosscheck is a crosscheck. Does it matter where a guy is standing when he gets crosschecked? Is it Homer's fault the D-man isn't big enough or skilled enough to move him without breaking the rules?

Should NBA centers treat the paint the same way and just undercut everyone who drives the lane? Sure it's a foul, but we decided we're just gonig to play it that way?

Maybe they should be able to high-stick, spear, punch, or kick the guy in front too. :-)

I just don't buy it.
icehog3 02:34 PM 01-09-2012
SJ Mike....I don't like Jaws. Stop saying that! :-)
Eleven 04:34 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Speaking of messes. The Pens have the most man games lost it appears this season. Big injury after big injury
Brutal. We have tickets for the final game vs Philadelphia, I just hope the Pens still have a team by then!
Ahbroody 04:49 PM 01-09-2012
Tom how about air jaws
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...8f9303440d84db

Mike we will agree to disagree on this. As for your NBA analogy I can't follow you. The sports are very different. I am on the side of tradition on this. Its excepted its what happens. Not sure why you added punched. Net campers get punched in the scrum and after whistles all the time. I think your being a Wings fan and having Homer who is likely one of the best ever at playing that spot is effecting your view. If the Sharks had a player like Homer I would expect it. It takes a specific kind of guy who can stand there in the face of slapshots and crosschecks punches and trips sticks to the ribs etc. I think Homer is one tough mother.

Funny my son loves pissing off the goalie and knows he's going to get knocked around but keeps going back. His goalie even hacked at him in a scrim one time. :-)
357 09:45 PM 01-09-2012
Tom how about air jaws
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...8f9303440d84db

Mike we will agree to disagree on this. ....

Funny my son loves pissing off the goalie and knows he's going to get knocked around but keeps going back. His goalie even hacked at him in a scrim one time. :-)
I understand where you're coming from.

Now that's funny. I hope he gave it back. :-)

I guess I'll never forget Dino Ciccarelli getting lifted off his skates by Patty Roy's goalstick jamming him in the nuts, simply because he was screening (legally I might add).

I can't find a video of the incident, but it was similar to the many times in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJ0TfA_pNY
icehog3 10:26 PM 01-09-2012
5 games for Marchand. Hope Salo is OK.
Bruins Fan 03:31 AM 01-10-2012
Five is to much..Vancouver from top management down are pond scum.
It was great to see Julien call out Vigneault for all his whining and bad mouthing.
GreekGodX 06:30 AM 01-10-2012
Panthers beat the Canucks!!! :-)
icehog3 08:36 AM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Panthers beat the Canucks!!! :-)
That was sweet. :-)

Hawks play the BJs tonight, BJs first game for a new coach...that makes me nervous.

I think 5 games was just right for Marchand, and also agree that most of the Canucks, and their coach, are pond scum.
Wanger 08:36 AM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by 357:
I understand where you're coming from.

Now that's funny. I hope he gave it back. :-)

I guess I'll never forget Dino Ciccarelli getting lifted off his skates by Patty Roy's goalstick jamming him in the nuts, simply because he was screening (legally I might add).

I can't find a video of the incident, but it was similar to the many times in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJ0TfA_pNY
Before or after he went to get the paper at home and forgot his pants? :-)
Wanger 08:38 AM 01-10-2012
...and obviously, I'm very disappointed at the fall the Wild have had over the last month. But they've got a lot of young guys and some talented draftees that should be able to make BIG impacts over the next few years when they finally sign and start wearing the sweater.
Ahbroody 12:06 PM 01-11-2012
Stunned Sharks got a point. Nemo was horrible in net. New they would fail in shootout. Atleast they got a point
Mr B 12:35 PM 01-11-2012
Stunned Sharks got a point. Nemo was horrible in net. New they would fail in shootout. Atleast they got a point

Agreed. Niemi looked "off" from the drop of the puck. Must have been 5+ shots that hit him, dropped to the ice and just sat there at his knees, and he had no idea where it was.
Played too deep in the net too. Not like him, he usually challenges more. He just left too many angles open.
Glad to see Thorton and Marleau clickin'.
Wanger 12:59 PM 01-11-2012
Well...I'm glad the Sharks didn't get 2 pts out of it. :-)

Didn't watch the game, though...the Wolves game was on.
Mr B 01:00 PM 01-11-2012
:-)
E.J. 07:46 PM 01-12-2012
Watching on DVR....nice first for the Avs. Even better to see Mueller out there.
E.J. 08:36 PM 01-12-2012
Ugh....least they got a point....
icehog3 09:20 PM 01-12-2012
Hawks back on top of the Central...well, until Satuday at least. Hawks - Wings at The Joe! :-)
Wanger 07:37 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hawks back on top of the Central...well, until Satuday at least. Hawks - Wings at The Joe! :-)
Grrrrrrrr! :-)
357 08:58 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Before or after he went to get the paper at home and forgot his pants? :-)
I had to Google that one. I had never heard that story before. While playing for the Wings he lived in my mom's subdivision. His neice went to my highschool. I met him once taking my younger siblings trick-or-treating. He was walking around with his kids or neices/nephews I forget which. He was very nice considering the large number of people approaching him. Neighbors had told me he would play hockey with neighbor kids on the pond behind his house.

Around the time he retired he moved 8-10 miles north into Washington Township. That house is huge and set back from the road so you can't see it. Large walls, big gate at the road, etc. From my experience I never would have guessed he'd pulled some crap like that.
Page 28 of 82
« First < 18262728 29303878 > Last »
Up