Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 28 of 39
« First < 18262728 293038 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2010 Banter
Winstonshumidor 08:43 PM 08-06-2010
Mac, I'm suffering with you - another long season. I've found though, that when I really follow them, every game, every inning and every pitch the disappointment is magnified. But, when I tune them out for a few days or weeks that they start to get some momentum and even maybe go on a win streak. So now, I'm getting ready for Nola and hoping that when I return from the IPCPR that they may have move up a bit in the standings! Ya Gotta Believe!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:46 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Winstonshumidor:
Mac, I'm suffering with you - another long season. I've found though, that when I really follow them, every game, every inning and every pitch the disappointment is magnified. But, when I tune them out for a few days or weeks that they start to get some momentum and even maybe go on a win streak. So now, I'm getting ready for Nola and hoping that when I return from the IPCPR that they may have move up a bit in the standings! Ya Gotta Believe!
Kevin...I'm always gonna be a fan...but DAMN!! We need "The Most Interesting Man In The World" to punch Omar Minaya square in the face!!! I am officially starting my DUMP MINAYA NOW CAMPAIGN!!!! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:40 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
DUMP MINAYA NOW CAMPAIGN!!!! :-)
Showalter already has a job, Mac. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:48 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Showalter already has a job, Mac. :-)
Thomas...hell I'd take Donald Duck if he was available. Minaya is a CLOWN and proven he can only do two things with any consistency...

#1 Bring in aging, "past their prime" veterans
#2 Bring in latino players
[Reply]
The Poet 11:21 AM 08-07-2010
Thomas...hell I'd take Donald Duck if he was available. Minaya is a CLOWN and proven he can only do two things with any consistency...

#1 Bring in aging, "past their prime" veterans
#2 Bring in latino players
Well, I suppose you could talk to him about this . . . if your Spanglish is good enough. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:17 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Well, I suppose you could talk to him about this . . . if your Spanglish is good enough. :-)
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:50 PM 08-07-2010
Mets give Santana ONE run...and K-Rod actually saves a game...a 5 out save no less. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 08:27 PM 08-07-2010
Go smoke a Maduro in celebration. Toss them crowns over some ice to go along with it. :-)
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 05:15 PM 08-08-2010
Wow....they get behind early against the Phillies...but just before you shut the game off and go do something entertaining, they claw their way back into contention...so you watch...until the end...where they ultimately lose... Pure torture for a Mets Fan.

Ah well. 55-56. & 7 sticks in the Kelmac Comfort Crusade Box now... Just sayin, for those of you that are playin.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:06 PM 08-08-2010
:-) :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:47 PM 08-08-2010
:-) :-)
:-) x 2

:-)

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:09 PM 08-10-2010
Well well well...we finally win a close one against a quality pitcher...against Jiminez. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 08:51 PM 08-10-2010
Well well well...we finally win a close one against a quality pitcher...against Jiminez. :-) :-)
Which brings them to 56-56...7 Sticks in the KCC box. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:29 PM 08-11-2010
In true Mets fashion...lead them all the way until the 8th and then piss it away...with a Grand Slam no less!! :-) :-)

And who stole David Wright and Carlos Beltran bodies??? These two are like 6 for their last 80. :-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:47 PM 08-11-2010
I would like to offer congrats to K-Rod for being arrested tonight. Seem's he beat up his father-in-law after the game.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:51 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I would like to offer congrats to K-Rod for being arrested tonight. Seem's he beat up his father-in-law after the game.
Glad to hear he could beat somebody...in the family room at Citifield no less. Stay classy K-Rod. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:37 PM 08-12-2010
Mets win in another shutout!! Santana look great...and we even scored him a few runs. :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:28 AM 08-13-2010
Mac....a MUST read...:-)

Only the Mets
Posted on: August 12, 2010 12:07 pm
Edited on: August 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Only the Mets, right?

Only the Mets could have a player arrested in the clubhouse, after a fight with his father-in-law -- in the team's family room, in front of his teammates' wives and children!

Only the Mets could have their manager tell reporters that he'd definitely use Francisco Rodriguez to close today's game against the Rockies -- if Rodriguez gets back from court in time -- after his morning arraignment! Of course, about an hour after Manuel said that, the Mets announced that Rodriguez has been placed on the restricted list for two days, meaning he can't pitch, they won't pay him and they have a couple more days to figure out what to do next.

No, it's not funny when a family dispute gets so heated that someone (Rodriguez's father-in-law, in this case) needs treatment at a hospital. But it sure is Mets-like.

Is there any team in baseball that has embarrassed itself more over the last four years?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but here's the list:

1. The collapse. On Sept. 12, 2007, the Mets held a seven-game lead over the Phillies with just 17 games to play. They went 5-12 the rest of the way, and the Phillies won the division by one game.

2. The concussion. After outfielder Ryan Church suffered his second concussion in three months, the Mets allowed him to fly with the team from Atlanta to Colorado. The Mets later admitted this was a bad idea.

3. The firing. After going back and forth on whether to dump manager Willie Randolph, the Mets had Randolph fly to California with the team in June 2008. Then, two hours after the first game of the trip, the Mets announced that they had fired Randolph -- at 3:12 a.m. New York time.

3. The collapse, part II. In September 2008, the Mets didn't lead by seven games, but they did lead the division by half a game on Sept. 19, and led the wild-card race by 2 1/2 games the next day. They lost six of their last nine games, lost the division to the Phillies and lost the wild card to the Brewers on the final day of the season -- in the final game ever at Shea Stadium. Oh, and the Mets scheduled their Shea Goodbye ceremony for after the final game, when there was nothing to celebrate.

4. The press conference. First there were the stories about assistant general manager Tony Bernazard allegedly taking his shirt off and challenging Mets minor leaguers to a fight. And there were stories about Bernazard allegedly fighting with Rodriguez on a team flight. Then, when the Mets fired Bernazard, they somehow made things worse and more embarrassing. On live television -- on Mets-owned SNY -- Minaya accused New York Daily News reporter Adam Rubin of campaigning for a job with the team. To make things even more complicated, and more embarrassing, Rubin worked part-time for SNY, and in fact it was an appearance on SNY before the press conference that reportedly set Minaya off.

5. The surgery. This January, the Mets picked a fight with their most talented player, complaining publicly about the timing of center fielder Carlos Beltran's knee surgery. The Mets claimed they didn't know Beltran was having surgery. Beltran's agent, Scott Boras, said he had told them.

6. The Maine problem. Convinced that starter John Maine had a physical problem that was causing him to lose velocity, Manuel and pitching coach Dan Warthen made the decision to remove Maine from a start in Washington after just five pitches. Warthen later told reporters that Maine is "a habitual liar in a lot of ways as far as his own health." Maine had an angry exchange with Warthen on the Mets' flight home that night. He never pitched in another game for the Mets, and recently had season-ending shoulder surgery.

7. The bullpen fight. During a game against the Yankees that same week, Rodriguez and bullpen coach Randy Niemann got in what The New York Times described as "a heated confrontation" in the bullpen, in view of fans. Niemann later took responsibility.

8. The arrest. According to Kevin Burkhardt of SNY, Rodriguez went directly to the family room after Wednesday night's 6-2 Mets loss to the Rockies. While there, he apparently got into an argument with his wife, and when his father-in-law stepped in, the confrontation got physical. Rodriguez's father-in-law was taken to a local hospital. Rodriguez was arrested.

There's more. Those are just the highlights. Or the lowlights.

Only the Mets.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:31 AM 08-13-2010
The past two years in a nutshell!! Gotta love Minaya and his crew. :-) :-)

And I thought the circus didn't come to town until September?? Guess it never left. :-) :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:37 AM 08-13-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6SFa...eature=related
[Reply]
Page 28 of 39
« First < 18262728 293038 > Last »
Up