Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 28 of 104
« First < 18262728 29303878 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 11:36 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
Hopefully that won't happen! LOL
What, the Hawks getting one point against the Wings in 2 games?

Quit being selfish, James, Motown had had home ice advantage the last decade, and still do this whole postseason! :-)
White97Jimmy 11:38 PM 04-09-2009
Well, the way they've been playing, I don't see their postseason being very long. But then again, playoffs are not the regular season!
icehog3 11:45 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
Well, the way they've been playing, I don't see their postseason being very long. But then again, playoffs are not the regular season!
I don't see Detroit coming out of the West this season, but if the Hawks can't do it (and this young team likely can't), I'd like to see Detroit in the show again....one more ring for Chelly. :-)
jamesb3 11:53 PM 04-09-2009
I really hope your 'Hawks have some success in the playoffs Tom. Been a long time coming. :-)

But I do have to add that the Wings will be alright. This team performs best when the games really count. Cup ready, not sure. But I can still dream right.:-)
bugmenot 12:52 AM 04-10-2009
I think who comes out of the West will depend a lot on who they had to play prior to that point. Any series against Calgary or the Ducks is going to be a hard fought physical one, and the same can be said if Nashville gets in. Those teams more than others tend to grind it out, and play very physical. No matter what, I'm excited for great hockey to be on all week, and I will actually get to watch it on tv!
romwarrior 01:02 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Let's Go Kings! :-)
:-)
taltos 02:49 AM 04-10-2009
I would love to see a Hawks vs Bruins final but I don't really see either team going through to the Finals. Somehow I see a Detroit vs Carolina Finals. Don't know why but that is my gut feeling.
icehog3 07:57 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
I really hope your 'Hawks have some success in the playoffs Tom. Been a long time coming. :-)

But I do have to add that the Wings will be alright. This team performs best when the games really count. Cup ready, not sure. But I can still dream right.:-)
The Wings have the experience, James, and always seem to step it up when they need to, so I would not be shocked if they made it to the Finals...I just think there is a lot more talent in the West this season than the last few seasons as a whole.

Bruins - Hawks? That would be Heaven, Paul. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:20 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I would love to see a Hawks vs Bruins final but I don't really see either team going through to the Finals. Somehow I see a Detroit vs Carolina Finals. Don't know why but that is my gut feeling.
I would be fine with Bruins vs. Hawks final:-)
icehog3 10:22 PM 04-10-2009
Oilers win over the Flames gave the Hawks 4th place, and home ice in the 1st round.

Hoping the Flames finish 5th, they are looking very beatable. They also played with 15 skaters tonight....Old Skool! :-)
SmokeyJoe 10:28 PM 04-10-2009
Oilers win over the Flames gave the Hawks 4th place, and home ice in the 1st round.

Hoping the Flames finish 5th, they are looking very beatable. They also played with 15 skaters tonight....Old Skool! :-)

Congrats, Hawks!

Hopin' the Hurricanes can beat the Devils tomorrow... that would help their cause to challenge Philly for 4th. :-)
icehog3 10:38 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Congrats, Hawks!

Hopin' the Hurricanes can beat the Devils tomorrow... that would help their cause to challenge Philly for 4th. :-)
Good luck Hurricanes! :-)
bugmenot 11:10 PM 04-10-2009
Congrats to the Blues!
icehog3 11:20 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
Congrats to the Blues!
Glad they made it...Now let's get those match-ups cemented!

Going to the last regular season Hawks game Sunday Vs. the Wings.
Waynegro1 11:52 PM 04-10-2009
Thanks for the congrats. The Blues have been a different team since the All-Star break. One more game left and then we'll see where they stand and who they'll play.
romwarrior 12:56 AM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Thanks for the congrats. The Blues have been a different team since the All-Star break. One more game left and then we'll see where they stand and who they'll play.
Congrats to Andy Murray. I always liked him and wish him the best.
bugmenot 02:42 PM 04-11-2009
Detriot locked up Franzen for 11 years. I think it will be interesting what they do with Hossa, and the couple other players that are FA after the season.
SmokeyJoe 03:36 PM 04-11-2009
Good luck Hurricanes! :-)
Thanks, bro... the Devils beat my boys today. :-)

Looks like we will drop to 6th spot and end up playing against New Jersey for the first round. :-)
jamesb3 09:05 PM 04-11-2009
Good game in Detroit today until that call at the end. Penalty yes, penalty shot no. Oh well, should make for another great game tomorrow.
icehog3 09:07 PM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Good game in Detroit today until that call at the end. Penalty yes, penalty shot no. Oh well, should make for another great game tomorrow.
After seeing the play in slow-motion, it was the wrong call. Good defensive play by Kronwall, at worst they should have given him a 2 minute minor, but I don't think any call was warranted. :-)

That being said, I was very happy with the result. :-)
Page 28 of 104
« First < 18262728 29303878 > Last »
Up