Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 28 of 60
« First < 18262728 293038 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
E.J. 11:05 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Have NO IDEA what prompted the Ai9.....talk about impulse purchase....:-):-)
Ai9 has been dumped.... It was going to hold up the entire order for 25ish days(pre-release order), so I dumped it, added a new jock/cup and it should ship today.

High School plays an intersquad scrimmage tonight....:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 11:10 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
High School plays an intersquad scrimmage tonight....:-)
Fun game tonight, Little Man found the back of the net on an adequate slapshot mid way through the first. He said that he didn't get it all and tells me there might be something wrong with his stick....not what my wallet likes to hear....

For no apparent reason, he started dancing a jig late in the third, before a puck drop. There were some girls there banging on the glass calling his name, but he already has a date for homecoming Friday....:-)

[Reply]
Eleven 06:22 AM 09-22-2011
Gotta love the Puckbunnies!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:27 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Gotta love the Puckbunnies!
They can ruin a season :-). I have learned they come at all ages. This week in kindergarten was sharing things that start with the letter S. Micah brought his S19 Stick and talked about playing for two hockey teams this year and how he also plays roller. He has some fans already, but yesterday I had a two moms come up and discuss how their daughters talked all about Micah being a hockey player all night.

Playing for a team who's kids has money has a plus. Free lightly used Bauer Total One Yth.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:54 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
They can ruin a season :-). I have learned they come at all ages. This week in kindergarten was sharing things that start with the letter S. Micah brought his S19 Stick and talked about playing for two hockey teams this year and how he also plays roller. He has some fans already, but yesterday I had a two moms come up and discuss how their daughters talked all about Micah being a hockey player all night.

Playing for a team who's kids has money has a plus. Free lightly used Bauer Total One Yth.
WTF someone dumped you a TotalOne?????

SCORE!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:58 PM 09-22-2011
He moved to squirt this year and transitioned to Jr. Sticks now. I no care I can haz free total one. $60 in my pocket. Sticks in really good shape. As discussed prior he plays with a longer stick, but damn I can't imagine him using a stick that short in 2 years.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:18 AM 09-23-2011
He moved to squirt this year and transitioned to Jr. Sticks now. I no care I can haz free total one. $60 in my pocket. Sticks in really good shape. As discussed prior he plays with a longer stick, but damn I can't imagine him using a stick that short in 2 years.
That is win all day long.... I thought old sticks always became garage sticks...having someone give you a stick that fits(or is even close) is a huge bonus....:-)
[Reply]
E.J. 09:58 AM 09-24-2011
Went to the Little One's first practice last night.... It is disappointing that I am not on the ice with her, but I will say that I am impressed with the coaches that are.

So give me some advice, being that the Little Man never had a girl on his team through all his years, until half of last year with the HS(her mom pulled her because of grades apparently). Is it unreasonable to ask the coach(s) to have the kids show up dressed enough(hockey jock shorts or the like) that she can be in the locker room full time?

She is the only girl on her team and even through Start Smart has always dressed in a locker room by herself and went on the ice to meet everyone. Same with yesterday, she is dressing by herself, can hear all the banter next door, finishes about the same time and everyone heads to the ice. To me, it doesn't feel like you're part of the team. You're missing out on some of what makes a team, a team. I can tell that she wants to be in there, talking, laughing ect.

There are private bathrooms and there are moms in there anyway.... I understand that there will come a time when this is not reasonable, but at the Mite level?

Maybe that is just the way it is and we have to deal with it.... Just trying to feel out what is the norm.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:26 PM 09-24-2011
^^^^ see above....help me out!!

But on to other things.... Homecoming 2011....

[Reply]
Ahbroody 04:06 PM 09-25-2011
That's a tough one.E.J. I see your point, but parents will just as quickly say I don't have time or can't dress them at home. The other thing is your now the person asking the whole team alter the behavior which is part of the game. You may also see backlash from the boys who have to accommodate. I know Micah has begun to become more modest in the locker room as he approaches 6. I would attempt to accommodate the parent who asked, but know some parents who wouldn't. I guess just email the coach and ask. I have not dealt with this yet, but if a parent asked me I would attempt to accommodate and have parents put bottoms on early. You are always going to have parents who show up last minute though and this will likely never work smoothly.

Tell those damn kids they need get off the grass. Ahhh to be young again. Youth is wasted on the young.

Boy is happy I am burnt out.
THURSDAY~SUNDAY he was on the ice everyday and played roller on Saturday and Sunday.

I am done. Laying on couch, wife is not bugging me to do anything. Micah is still going hard running around the house.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:21 PM 09-26-2011
My kid's team played their long time rivals this weekend, and boy are they good. After a loss in game one, I told Cam to stop giving them so much respect. He listened:

Keep your eye on Baker #88 in Black
[Reply]
E.J. 06:52 AM 09-27-2011
Love it, Scott! & Steam takes the puck & fills the net on the other side...!!
[Reply]
E.J. 08:21 PM 09-28-2011
Varsity preseason starts tonight against old rivals.... Will be extra special, as it is at a rink I have not been to since I was in HS....strange, because it is only 15-20 minutes away... I am sure it will bring back some great memories....
[Reply]
Ahbroody 04:12 PM 09-29-2011
One of the puck bunnies in the boys class gave him this today.
Kindergarten. Yikes!

The back side is covered in flowers, hearts, rainbows, butterflies, and gallons.

Ugggh. Micah is a bit confused by her intentions.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:51 PM 09-29-2011
One of the puck bunnies in the boys class gave him this today.
Kindergarten. Yikes!

The back side is covered in flowers, hearts, rainbows, butterflies, and gallons.

Ugggh. Micah is a bit confused by her intentions.
Laughed out loud... Good stuff, Mike...
[Reply]
E.J. 02:57 PM 10-01-2011
Waiting for the LM to hit the ice. Another day, another rink. 3rd different rink in as many days..... I need more rest, dragging today...
[Reply]
E.J. 01:11 PM 10-02-2011

Decided to get in a 4th rink....:-) Though I went over it & it is actually 4 rinks in 5 days....but have been to the rink 6 of 7(LM has been all 7).
[Reply]
Eleven 10:18 PM 10-02-2011
The boy down low on the PP today:

[Reply]
E.J. 07:54 AM 10-03-2011
Looking good, Scott!
[Reply]
E.J. 01:48 PM 10-07-2011
Played a split squad exhibition against a local AA Bantam team last night. I really didn't know what to expect. Good guys won 5-2(think that is what it was?). Nothing great of the LM out of the camera, but the shot with the goalie is kinda cool, as it is a friend of his that played with us last night due to one of our goalies being hurt and the other not being able to play. He is a great kid and I try to convince his dad to have him come play for us(he is a freshman and the only 2 goalies in our system are seniors)....

Off to another game(JV) in about 3 hours...

[Reply]
Page 28 of 60
« First < 18262728 293038 > Last »
Up