Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 277 of 350
« First < 177227267275276277 278279287327 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 06:56 PM 01-20-2012
jumped on the scale this am. I'm down 12lbs in 6 weeks. Progress is good! :-)
icehog3 10:06 PM 01-20-2012
Congrats Bao! :-)

DC training today on back. Working sets on T-Bar Rows. Did some extra volume with cables, and extreme stretching with 135 lbs tied around my waist. Digging the DC. :-)
GreekGodX 10:20 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats Bao! :-)

DC training today on back. Working sets on T-Bar Rows. Did some extra volume with cables, and extreme stretching with 135 lbs tied around my waist. Digging the DC. :-)
I haven't really gotten a good stretch on my back by hanging with weight tied to me. Maybe I need more weight :-) Last time did it with 55 pounds. I'll try more next time..

I think I did something to my wrist though :-) Swelled up a few hours after benching heavy. Iced, heated, bengayed and repeated still hurts like hell and I definitely do not have full range of motion. It hurt a little while I was benching but as soon as I was done it went away. It was weird that all of a sudden it just came later on.
icehog3 10:23 PM 01-20-2012
Hopefully just a little tendon strain, Son?

I am doing the back stretching with as wide as a grip as I can get, and using a neutral grip as well. After a couple stretches to failure, I grip a horizontal stationary bar one arm at a time and pull my lat until is is completely stretched and on the verge of cramping. I seem to keep the lat pump for hours after that.
GreekGodX 10:35 PM 01-20-2012
Hopefully just a little tendon strain, Son?

I am doing the back stretching with as wide as a grip as I can get, and using a neutral grip as well. After a couple stretches to failure, I grip a horizontal stationary bar one arm at a time and pull my lat until is is completely stretched and on the verge of cramping. I seem to keep the lat pump for hours after that.
That's what I'm thinking. It should be better after some rest. I feel like I'm falling apart!

I've been doing the same for lat stretching, and I definitely get a better stretch when I do each side. I'll go wider and more weight next lat stretching session.
Bill86 10:39 PM 01-20-2012
Just got in some new supplements today. Never tried a pre-workout so I bought the DS Craze, also some Controlled Labs TRIad vitamins. Still using the BSN Syntha-6 as it's about the only good tasting protein I've found to date.

We'll see how they work. Giving the CRAZE a try right now, already starting to feel quite the energy boost 28 minutes in...another 12 and will see where I am at.

Doesn't taste great but it seems to be quite potent.
icehog3 10:56 PM 01-20-2012
Curious to hear how the Craze works, Bill, I haven't seen that one.

Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard Whey in Rocky Road flavor...tastes great even in water, and is a quality protein source. :-)
Bill86 11:08 PM 01-20-2012
Curious to hear how the Craze works, Bill, I haven't seen that one.

Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard Whey in Rocky Road flavor...tastes great even in water, and is a quality protein source. :-)
Noted. So far, and I don't work out nearly as much as some of you guys :-), I noticed a gain in reps. I'd say an extra 2-3 reps, I took the lowest dosage and I'll admit today I am exceptionally tired. Much better form too as I don't feel so tired and lazy.

I also noted a huge gain in focus, concentration and energy. Kinda feel a similar buzz to heavy dosages of caffeine or a bit of :-) Without any headaches or dizzyness. It will definitely push me to being dead tired and feeling all kinds of overworked tomorrow.

I've never used a prework out before so YMMV but now I'm pretty sold on riding this one out and seeing where it takes me.

I ordered from Bodybuilding.com, which has free shipping right now, so it was $32 for 45 servings. It's a $49 minimum, but I ordered the vitamins too so I cleared that. I'm not taking 6 a day though, that's ridiculous :-) It says you need to drink a gallon + of water a day so I figure cutting down the dosage will mean less water. I probably come close to that but not clearing it by a great margin.
icehog3 02:10 PM 01-22-2012
I was able to train bi's hard today for the first time in several weeks, the supplement Moses suggested and the use of the tendon brace seem to have healed my bi to a great extent. I will continue to use both to try and get the healing process complete. Didn't do the DC workout for bi's though, that would be pushing it a bit too hard, me thinks. Back to DC training on Tuesday.
Bill86 09:10 PM 01-22-2012
Tried Craze on the elliptical today. My usual duration was 15 minutes and I was spent. Did 30 minutes today, 1.3 miles. Still feel really good, I was able go much faster as well.
Chainsaw13 09:29 PM 01-22-2012
I'll have to remember that. I just got some of the ON Natural Whey in strawberry. Not too bad, but glad I only got 2 lbs.
icehog3 09:36 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I'll have to remember that. I just got some of the ON Natural Whey in strawberry. Not too bad, but glad I only got 2 lbs.
I have tried maybe 6 or 7 flavors, Bob, and the Rocky Road is head and shoulders above the rest for flavor.
BigCat 09:21 AM 01-23-2012
I have tried maybe 6 or 7 flavors, Bob, and the Rocky Road is head and shoulders above the rest for flavor.
I bought it on your recommendation in this thread and I'll say it's the best protein powder I've ever tasted.
icehog3 10:08 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by BigCat:
I bought it on your recommendation in this thread and I'll say it's the best protein powder I've ever tasted.
Glad you liked it too, Colin! :-)
icehog3 02:32 PM 01-25-2012
Good DC back workout today, working sets of pullups with 30 lbs added, did some heavy DB rows for volume, and then my crazy stretching. Back is still pumped once again.
mmblz 02:52 PM 01-25-2012
off to TRX in a few.
where's Gerry anyway?
Adriftpanda 06:09 PM 01-25-2012
Haven't felt this good in a very long time. Started working out Monday and staying with a more strict diet.

I will now be subscribing to this thread!
DBall 12:17 AM 01-26-2012
Got a new high in military press (free weights with the bar) today: 95x5, 115x2 (failed on 3rd), 115x1, failed on 2nd), 95x8 to end it. Never put up 115 on that before... :-)
icehog3 12:24 AM 01-26-2012
Kickin' ass, Dan! :-)
GreekGodX 06:51 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
Got a new high in military press (free weights with the bar) today: 95x5, 115x2 (failed on 3rd), 115x1, failed on 2nd), 95x8 to end it. Never put up 115 on that before... :-)
That's awesome Dan :-)

Military Press is my weakness. Hate it. I'll warm up everything feels great then I get to 200 lbs and my body just shuts down. I'm working on it though
Page 277 of 350
« First < 177227267275276277 278279287327 > Last »
Up