Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 276 of 350
« First < 176226266274275276 277278286326 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
mosesbotbol 07:52 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
4-5 days, awesome, better than I was hoping for Moses.
Any updates?
Mugen910 08:13 AM 01-15-2012
AM weekend workouts suck....hope everyone is achieving their exercise goals.
Posted via Mobile Device
GreekGodX 08:52 AM 01-15-2012
Did a modified Dogcrapp workout today....not strict DC, as I felt like I needed a little more volume, but after my two heavy drop sets (dropping reps, not weight), I only did a total of 9 sets for chest before doing the extreme stretching finish. Really feel like I trashed (in a good way) my pecs, going to do something similiar for back tomorrow. If the gains come steady, I will tweak the workouts as I go along to be truer to the DC profile....just tough to lower the volume so much after so many years, but I am trying to give it a go.
This past week I've been adding the extreme stretching to my current workout and I noticed a big difference. Plus I wanted to get acquainted with the smith machines in case I have to use one. Thinking I'm going to start a full DC program today. It is going to be very weird having such a short workout.
DBall 09:10 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
AM weekend workouts suck....hope everyone is achieving their exercise goals.
Posted via Mobile Device
c'mon... AM weekend workouts are the best... my only complaint is that my gym doesn't open til 8:30 on the weekends.........
icehog3 09:55 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Any updates?
While I wasn't ready to fight Chara within 5 days, I do feel like there has already been significant improvement after about 12 days, Moses. I am going to keep with it a while and hope for even more. I have also been using a Cho-Pat brace for the tendonitis in my bicep, and the combination has healed the tendon about 75% so far, I would say. Thank you again for the supplement recommendation.

http://www.cho-pat-store.com/Overuse...FSwBQAods0w8kw

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
This past week I've been adding the extreme stretching to my current workout and I noticed a big difference. Plus I wanted to get acquainted with the smith machines in case I have to use one. Thinking I'm going to start a full DC program today. It is going to be very weird having such a short workout.
Looking forward to hearing how your results go on full DC, Son.
GreekGodX 10:25 AM 01-15-2012
I'm actually hoping I won't have to use smith machines all that often. I got a classmate that wants to workout with me but I've gone through that song and dance many times :-)

The one aspect I'm excited for is "beating the logbook". Makes working out a lot more interesting week to week.
icehog3 01:51 PM 01-15-2012
I agree about the logbook, haven't used one for decades but it might actually be motivating for me at this point.

You may want to change your tune on the Smith machine, Son. Doing the working set of 8, 15 breaths, 4, 15 breaths. 2 might be a b!tch on, say, incline press or seated military press using the olympic bar alone. :-)
GreekGodX 04:23 PM 01-15-2012
I agree about the logbook, haven't used one for decades but it might actually be motivating for me at this point.

You may want to change your tune on the Smith machine, Son. Doing the working set of 8, 15 breaths, 4, 15 breaths. 2 might be a b!tch on, say, incline press or seated military press using the olympic bar alone. :-)
And you were completely right. Today I did incline bench on the smith machine and it saved my life. There would have been no way I could have done that with free weights. Seated military press was fine, I did it with dumbbells.

The sensation of stretching after going so heavy was very nice. It must release more endorphins because it felt so good. Or I just discovered I love pain :-)
Mugen910 12:15 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
c'mon... AM weekend workouts are the best... my only complaint is that my gym doesn't open til 8:30 on the weekends.........
U kidding? I ended up needing a nap after. Cardio wakes me up in the am but lifting just poops me out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ncpsycho 12:46 PM 01-16-2012
Any one use superpump 250? Any suggestions on that or something better --used jack 3d but some people getting some health issues with it?
Da Klugs 02:20 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Any updates?
Well.. news from the "little sisters of the poor" (me)....

Still have a regimen to stay fit vs become a monster like you folks.

175 Push ups in the morning
Hour on the airdyne in the evening
180 crunches with a variety of arm isometrics during
175 Push ups in the evening.

Cant do the leg lifts or sit ups due to the broken ribs for a few more weeks.

Probably as "fit" as I have been since HS. Thinking about joining a gym but just thinking about it, the "routine" I have is pretty optimal time wise in that there is no travel or set-up time involved.

Got back to the low 180's after the Holiday binge and lack of exercise due to the broken ribs for a couple weeks.. so happy about things. Being happy about whatever program you are on seems the most important thing.
icehog3 02:21 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Ncpsycho:
Any one use superpump 250? Any suggestions on that or something better --used jack 3d but some people getting some health issues with it?
Not a fan of SuperPump, though I will say that different people have different results, think body chemistry and tolerance to caffeine plays a role.

Things that have worked better for me:

Creative Labs White Flood
Nutrex Hemo Rage Ultra
BPI Sports 1.M.R
USPlabs Jack3d (never had any problems)

Some early success with BSN NoExplode, but I seem to get used to it very quickly.
Ncpsycho 07:07 PM 01-16-2012
Not a fan of SuperPump, though I will say that different people have different results, think body chemistry and tolerance to caffeine plays a role.

Things that have worked better for me:

Creative Labs White Flood
Nutrex Hemo Rage Ultra
BPI Sports 1.M.R
USPlabs Jack3d (never had any problems)

Some early success with BSN NoExplode, but I seem to get used to it very quickly.
Ive heard from multiple people that jack3d can hurt your sperm count and keep you flacid ..... Scared straight lol
Ncpsycho 07:07 PM 01-16-2012
Ive never tried hemo rage....might check it out
icehog3 11:22 PM 01-16-2012
Ive heard from multiple people that jack3d can hurt your sperm count and keep you flacid ..... Scared straight lol
I don't know about my sperm count, but I can tell you there is no problem with the other. Sounds like typical internet bullshit to me. :-)
mosesbotbol 05:32 AM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Still have a regimen to stay fit vs become a monster like you folks.

175 Push ups in the morning
Hour on the airdyne in the evening
180 crunches with a variety of arm isometrics during
175 Push ups in the evening.
That's impressive! Good for you.
Mugen910 10:07 PM 01-18-2012
Just for kicks I tried on my dress blues. It almost fits perfectly. Lol. Last time I put it on was 08 for a speeding ticket. I think i should start doing AM workouts to really get my metabolism going versus night workouts

Fyi Dave you are a beast.
GreekGodX 05:48 PM 01-19-2012
I don't know about my sperm count, but I can tell you there is no problem with the other. Sounds like typical internet bullshit to me. :-)
If any product had any effect on "that", I would not be taking it. I agree with Tom.
icehog3 07:27 PM 01-19-2012
Second go-round of my modified DC training today. Took some Hemo-Rage Ultra, and hit all my goals for the day. So far, having fun with it and digging the effects.
Hem 12:35 PM 01-20-2012
Agree with ice on that one but just a word of caution. If you are in any type of environment where you could possibly be drug tested, do NOT take Jack3d; You will test positive for methamphetamine. Left SuperPump250 and SizeOn(they changed their mixture, it's not as good as it used to be) and hopped on Cellucor's C4 Extreme while taking in some GNC BCAA's during workout and ANS Powermaxx for protien after. Happy with the results thus far.
Page 276 of 350
« First < 176226266274275276 277278286326 > Last »
Up