Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 275 of 350
« First < 175225265273274275 276277285325 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 02:45 PM 12-30-2011
I'd do the basics for weight training until you get back into it, and maybe split my routine into 2 or 3 days.

No need to do shaping/refining movements until you get a solid foundation. That being said, I would hit 2 or 3 of the following movements for each bodypart:

Chest:

Bench press (barbell or dumbbell)
Incline press (ditto)
Dips

Back:

Pull ups
Bent Over Rows
T Bar rows
Cable pulldowns

Legs:

Squats
Leg Press
Hamstring curls

Shoulders:

Military press
Seated press (barbell or dumbbell)
Rear delt flyes (dumbbells)
Shrugs

Biceps:

Barbell Curls
Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls

Triceps:

Close grip bench press
French Curls
Pushdowns

Vary your movements, order, weights v. reps, etc. Once you feel you need to add more, you can change the routine to something less basic. Though I have been lfting for 35 years, and still do basic movements (varying weight v reps, order, etc) 90% of the time.
mosesbotbol 03:09 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'd do the basics for weight training until you get back into it, and maybe split my routine into 2 or 3 days.
Weider Principles.
icehog3 03:19 PM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Weider Principles.
Oldies but goodies.
Liquid Smoke 03:31 PM 12-30-2011
Appreciate it :-), now to get down to it.
DBall 12:13 PM 01-01-2012
Been very serious about the gym the last couple months (5-6x/week) and pretty sure I broke my finger today at the gym. Effffff. This is gonna make things difficult... I hate injuries because it's so hard at first to miss the gym and then after a period of time, it's hard to get back into it with the vigor I had pre-injury.
icehog3 04:51 PM 01-01-2012
I have continued to work out with broken fingers before, Dan...just try to pick exercises that work around it, even focus on legs if you have to...but stay in the groove. I'm just sayin'.... :-)
mosesbotbol 06:37 PM 01-01-2012
Originally Posted by DBall:
I broke my finger today at the gym. Effffff.
That sucks. I guess you won't be curls for a few weeks. See this as a moment to focus on other exercises. Anything that has the hand above the heart should be okay as long as death grip isn't needed. Pull up's with straps, pull downs, squats, shoulders... Cardio in any form could make the blood pound in your finger though, so be careful with that.

If gym is out, at least cut down the food intake until you get back.
icehog3 06:47 PM 01-01-2012
Dan doesn't have any bodyweight concerns, Moses, believe me. :-)
DBall 08:58 AM 01-02-2012
Dan doesn't have any bodyweight concerns, Moses, believe me. :-)
Hahaha... true that. I might even eat more and try to gain some weight during the lull. I can't do it while working out, it seems... :-)
NeuRon 05:18 PM 01-02-2012
Dan, rest the finger, and maybe go out for steak and twinkies 5 times a week. You can use it.. LOL. jk man hope your finger heals up soon!

BTW, how did that happen?
GreekGodX 06:04 PM 01-02-2012
Dan just needs to lock himself in a McDonald's for a month and that may fix his lack of weight problem :-)

Ending a workout routine this week. Thinking about getting into some Dogcrapp training on the recommendation of a former bodybuilder, now powerlifting trainer at my gym. I've used some of their principles before to some success but never actually gone all in. We'll see. Also got some ebooks to look over.
icehog3 11:29 PM 01-02-2012
Looked into the Dogcrapp training on a couple websites, it looks pretty intriguing. Might give it a shot at some point, Christos.
DBall 05:46 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Dan, rest the finger, and maybe go out for steak and twinkies 5 times a week. You can use it.. LOL. jk man hope your finger heals up soon!

BTW, how did that happen?
The headrest on the crunch machine... it swung down and the metal bar that holds it hit the finger (right ring finger, right where a ring would go).
mosesbotbol 09:39 AM 01-03-2012
Once (about 20 years ago) I was unloading the bench press and did not see 10lb plate on the end…. Needless to say, it came off and landed directly on my big toe, shattering it into a dozen pieces. Man, did that hurt. Doctor had to cut a hole in the nail to relieve the swelling
GreekGodX 01:48 PM 01-04-2012
Looked into the Dogcrapp training on a couple websites, it looks pretty intriguing. Might give it a shot at some point, Christos.
Intensemuscle.com is a forum created by the guy that put together Doggcrapp training. Apparently I've been a member there since 2006 but never posted :-) I used their intense stretching with my work sets and I would get insane pumps. Primarily used it for bicep work.

I'm debating between that and some workouts from Jon Meadows.

Unpaid plug: if you want to gain weight buy a vitamix blender. That thing will make anything drinkable. Equally easy calorie intake. I'm loving it.
icehog3 02:00 PM 01-04-2012
That sucks. Have you tried taking Wobenzym N? It works great with 40+ years of use behind it.

http://wobenzym-usa.com/
Got it in yesterday, started taking it last night.

Moses, how long does it usually take to feel results...a couple weeks?

Son....gonna try to heal up a couple nagging minor injuries and then give that Dogcrapp a serious look.
mosesbotbol 03:02 PM 01-04-2012
Got it in yesterday, started taking it last night.

Moses, how long does it usually take to feel results...a couple weeks?

Son....gonna try to heal up a couple nagging minor injuries and then give that Dogcrapp a serious look.
You should feel something within 4-5 days I think. Ready to take a hit from Chara in two weeks.
icehog3 04:19 PM 01-04-2012
You should feel something within 4-5 days I think. Ready to take a hit from Chara in two weeks.
4-5 days, awesome, better than I was hoping for Moses.

I'm playing against Chara in two weeks? Sweet! :-) :-)
icehog3 11:58 PM 01-14-2012
Did a modified Dogcrapp workout today....not strict DC, as I felt like I needed a little more volume, but after my two heavy drop sets (dropping reps, not weight), I only did a total of 9 sets for chest before doing the extreme stretching finish. Really feel like I trashed (in a good way) my pecs, going to do something similiar for back tomorrow. If the gains come steady, I will tweak the workouts as I go along to be truer to the DC profile....just tough to lower the volume so much after so many years, but I am trying to give it a go.
Mr.Erskine 06:53 AM 01-15-2012
Got back to the gym, last week, after a year and a half hiatus because of working on my degree, and the baby.

It feels a little weird, and I know that it's going to take time to get moving again... but hopefully my body will remember quickly.
Page 275 of 350
« First < 175225265273274275 276277285325 > Last »
Up