Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 273 of 351
« First < 173223263271272273 274275283323 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Skywalker 07:40 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I did pick that up!

Try to enjoy it with cheese or fruit and you will pick up more of a caramelized sweetness!

Anything savory or sweet seems to enhance the flavor!
:-)

I have a couple of bottles resting!:-)
Also, with the Ovila, don't drink this one ice cold!

I found it is better at 50 to 60 degrees!
Bill86 08:03 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
I'm not that patient Bill, but most of my beers come up from my 55 degree basement and get opened right up so I typically don't drink ice cold. You're right though, I like em best on the cold side of what many would consider warm.
:-) I hear you, it's not easy. 55 degrees is great though. :-)

EDIT I'm with you Darrell I like my beers around 55-60 degrees.
newcigarz 04:04 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Also, with the Ovila, don't drink this one ice cold!

I found it is better at 50 to 60 degrees!
yes, the Ovila did improve as it warmed. Still gonna wait a little before I uncork another one.
newcigarz 03:17 PM 04-07-2011
Victory Yakima Glory.
Jbailey 07:26 PM 04-07-2011
Central Waters Mudpuppy Porter
Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:43 PM 04-07-2011
Stone IPA
Posted via Mobile Device
newcigarz 05:12 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
But on a serious note, I think Gnomegang will get cracked tonight with the guys, thanks again, and can't wait to try it.
Did you get to try it? What did you think?
Frodo 06:22 AM 04-08-2011
Had a Flying Monkies Netherworld last night. Trying to make up my mind about this.
landhoney 08:06 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Did you get to try it? What did you think?
Yep, it was very good, very balanced. Alost like a balance between a Belgian Wit and a Strong Golden, some wheat and esters but not too much, no alcohol hotness, some hop character but minimal, slightly spicy/citrusy, very well made beer. Very full flavored, they did a great job with this one.
newcigarz 08:23 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Yep, it was very good, very balanced. Alost like a balance between a Belgian Wit and a Strong Golden, some wheat and esters but not too much, no alcohol hotness, some hop character but minimal, slightly spicy/citrusy, very well made beer. Very full flavored, they did a great job with this one.
so it didn't suck. :-)

glad you enjoyed it. :-)
Blindjimme 09:50 AM 04-08-2011
Last night I had a Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout, courtesy of Albert. My god, this beer is through the roof! I love this :-) I hated to see the bottom of the glass. I got one more but I'll savor that another time.

Is this Wake n Bake or is that another? I see W n B on the label. Thanks Albert :-)
awsmith4 09:55 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
Last night I had a Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout, courtesy of Albert. My god, this beer is through the roof! I love this :-) I hated to see the bottom of the glass. I got one more but I'll savor that another time.

Is this Wake n Bake or is that another? I see W n B on the label. Thanks Albert :-)
Its Wake-n-Bake, due to controversy they had to shorten it to W-n-B, yet Sweetwater's (also in GA) flagship brew is there 420 pale ale. Go figure
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:02 AM 04-08-2011
Bell's Oberon. Great wheat ale, gonna be drinking a lot of this over the summer.

Three Floyds Gumballhead is still my favorite wheat ale though.
awsmith4 10:12 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Bell's Oberon. Great wheat ale, gonna be drinking a lot of this over the summer.

Three Floyds Gumballhead is still my favorite wheat ale though.
I still have yet to try the Oberon but did try the Oarsmen last night and it was quite tasty, its a light wheat beer but has a sour/tart finish. I liked it but I think it will be even better in the heat.
pektel 10:14 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Good to hear this is decent. I have been debating buying a mini-keg of it from the local liquor store. They have it on sale for 17.99 IIRC.
Skywalker 11:03 PM 04-08-2011
Back to the brewery tonight for more Sierra Nevada Black Vapor!!!:-)
BeerAdvocate 01:46 PM 04-09-2011
Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat
pnutbutrsangwich 07:03 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I think it's the can that does it Tom. It is good beer and shouldn't sit to long. It's great right out of the gate and that's when you should drink it.
Just saw this, Dave. You think so? I have heard that beer doesn't really age well/at all in cans. If it's bottle (or can) conditioned, it should age, right? I recently tried to drink a 4-year old OB Gordon that was totally disgusting... all the hops had faded and the malts were strange so I know beer changes in cans.

Personally I just think it's awesome beer :-)
Wanger 07:06 PM 04-09-2011
We cracked our first bottles of Founders KBS... Oh my god!!! YUM!!!
Jbailey 07:38 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I think it's the can that does it Tom. It is good beer and shouldn't sit to long. It's great right out of the gate and that's when you should drink it.
Originally Posted by pnutbutrsangwich:
Just saw this, Dave. You think so? I have heard that beer doesn't really age well/at all in cans. If it's bottle (or can) conditioned, it should age, right? I recently tried to drink a 4-year old OB Gordon that was totally disgusting... all the hops had faded and the malts were strange so I know beer changes in cans.

Personally I just think it's awesome beer :-)
I was agreeing that it was the can that could have made it tasty funky. It's good fresh and that when it should be enjoyed. I wouldn't suggest aging beer in cans.
Page 273 of 351
« First < 173223263271272273 274275283323 > Last »
Up