Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 272 of 351
« First < 172222262270271272 273274282322 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Steve 09:56 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Bold City Brewery Mad Manatee IPA (a local brewery). Pretty good. Thier brown ale is real good as well.
W.B. 03:48 PM 04-05-2011
Went to 3 F's today, and had Zombie Dust and a Robert the Bruce with food. They had some awesome artwork Zombie Dust hanging from the ceiling. It would make for great t-shirts.
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:25 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Went to 3 F's today, and had Zombie Dust and a Robert the Bruce with food. They had some awesome artwork Zombie Dust hanging from the ceiling. It would make for great t-shirts.
Three Floyds has AMAZING food
shemp 04:32 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Duchesse De Bourgogne Ale: this stuff is awesome. Just awesome. That's all i'm going to say. Go buy some. Now.
i love me some of the duchesse. i can get it in the 22 oz bottles or the 12 ounce....

san diego has a crapload of great local breweries, from the more well known like Stone, and Karl Straus, to the smaller ones like Ballast point, and Alpine brewery, not to forget alesmith, mission,san diego brewing co, and many others. If you are in san diego, and drinking a big brother bland then you are missing out.
W.B. 04:47 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Three Floyds has AMAZING food
Couldn't agree more. Haven't been there enough times to try anything but the burger and fries, but the goat cheese and fried egg make for an amazing burger. And the fries.....the fries are possibly the best I've had w/o adding cheese or butter and garlic to them.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Dark Lord vertical tasting in Chicago in mid-April. Food will include tastings from Michael Sheerin of Blackbird/3f's and desert tastings(Mindy Segal of Hot Chocolate). Needless to say, I am quite excited.
newcigarz 05:06 PM 04-05-2011
DFH Squall IPA

ChicagoWhiteSox 06:25 PM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Couldn't agree more. Haven't been there enough times to try anything but the burger and fries, but the goat cheese and fried egg make for an amazing burger. And the fries.....the fries are possibly the best I've had w/o adding cheese or butter and garlic to them.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Dark Lord vertical tasting in Chicago in mid-April. Food will include tastings from Michael Sheerin of Blackbird/3f's and desert tastings(Mindy Segal of Hot Chocolate). Needless to say, I am quite excited.
I heard about that tasting. I thought about going with my friend, but we are going to DLD a week after so we passed. If I didn't get tickets to DLD, I would be at that tasting for sure!
Tyler 06:32 PM 04-05-2011
Just enjoyed a Shiner Old Time from the Brewer's Pride Selection. I believe that is what it is called? It is a limited edition craft brew. Very good.

awsmith4 06:44 PM 04-05-2011
Terrapin Wake-n-bake
newcigarz 03:06 PM 04-06-2011
Not sure if I'm enjoying it though? Getting a real earthy, grassy, taste from this. Not at all what I was expecting. Gonna let the other bottle I have sit for a little while before I sample again.

Skywalker 03:18 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Not sure if I'm enjoying it though? Getting a real earthy, grassy, taste from this. Not at all what I was expecting. Gonna let the other bottle I have sit for a little while before I sample again.

I did pick that up!

Try to enjoy it with cheese or fruit and you will pick up more of a caramelized sweetness!

Anything savory or sweet seems to enhance the flavor!
:-)

I have a couple of bottles resting!:-)
McSmokey 03:21 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Terrapin Wake-n-bake
You too huh? had 2 last night still high on the favorites list. :-)
landhoney 03:27 PM 04-06-2011
Not sure if I'm enjoying it though?
It's beer and its cold right? What more do you want?

newcigarz 03:31 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:

Coming from the "Beer Geek" himself. I'll bring some natty light for our next meet up.:-)
Skywalker 03:32 PM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:

At $10 a bottle, you expect it not to suck too much!:-)
landhoney 05:52 PM 04-06-2011
Coming from the "Beer Geek" himself. I'll bring some natty light for our next meet up.:-)
You've changed man..............:-)

And I perefer "Beer Snob" thank you. :-):-):-)

But on a serious note, I think Gnomegang will get cracked tonight with the guys, thanks again, and can't wait to try it.
Jbailey 06:41 PM 04-06-2011
Dogfish Head Red and White
New Holland Dragons Milk
Both on tap
Salvelinus 06:51 PM 04-06-2011
Enjoying my first KBS. I wasn't too psyched when it came out of the fridge, but as it warmed a bit the flavors came out. This stuff is really good.
Bill86 07:06 PM 04-06-2011
:-) That's the exact reason I laugh when I see signs "ice cold beer". I'm like the "beer" is ice cold so you cannot taste how bad it really is.

Typically I'll crack a beer, pour it and let it warm up for 20-30 minutes. Then start drinking.
Salvelinus 07:19 PM 04-06-2011
I'm not that patient Bill, but most of my beers come up from my 55 degree basement and get opened right up so I typically don't drink ice cold. You're right though, I like em best on the cold side of what many would consider warm.
Page 272 of 351
« First < 172222262270271272 273274282322 > Last »
Up