Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 129
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 09:56 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
If you happen to be going to 24hr Fitness, check out their membership deal at Costco, it's by far the best deal around that I've seen. $300/2yrs if I remember correctly, with no additional hidden costs.
Sounds like a good deal, but only a local gym in my town. No big names here. They want $45 a month, but I hear they give state employee/teacher discounts. I'll have to check it out today.
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've gone from 248 to 218 since this thread started, through no help of my own. *shrug*
It may be through no help of your own, but it's still a loss.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 10:09 AM 06-02-2009
Life is really hectic these days with no semblance of regularity. I don't have a regular weigh-in day any more, so I'll just post up when I do get a chance to do it. On the plus side, I've weighed in at 230 for the last 2 mornings, which is a 2lb drop since my last check in.

To get the weight loss for this summer, we should all agree to do 20 push ups for every piece of meat on the BBQ and 10 sit-ups for every beer. That should help.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:24 AM 06-02-2009
I think the first guy to 199 should have to buy the chocolate pudding. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:42 AM 06-02-2009
Willing to bet I won't be the one buying the pudding:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 10:46 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Willing to bet I won't be the one buying the pudding:-)
If I cut off one of my legs I could be there quickly.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:08 AM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
If I cut off one of my legs I could be there quickly.:-)
Leg pudding...:-)

Off day from the gym. Walked/ran 2 miles around the neighborhood last night. I really feel great this past week.
[Reply]
kayaker 11:38 AM 06-04-2009
Leg pudding...:-)

Off day from the gym. Walked/ran 2 miles around the neighborhood last night. I really feel great this past week.
:-)

I'm teaching a kayaking course this weekend, but I'm also back at my thesis again, so there will be lots of desk jockeying.

Way to keep the spirit going Andy. You'll be back under 240 soon enough.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:15 PM 06-05-2009
After three days at the gym and a decent dedication to my diet I am somehow up to 248lbs this morning.:-)

Get in there and work harder, focus more on cardio. Worked on back and shoulders yesterday, then did 30 min. on the elliptical.
[Reply]
Shaerza 07:59 AM 06-06-2009
After three days at the gym and a decent dedication to my diet I am somehow up to 248lbs this morning.:-)

Get in there and work harder, focus more on cardio. Worked on back and shoulders yesterday, then did 30 min. on the elliptical.
Your muscles may be storing more water now that you are lifting. Dont let the number game bother you yet as long as ya are sticking to the plan.
[Reply]
pmwz 08:56 AM 06-06-2009
i am down to 255. Hitting the gym for the 7th time this week tomorrow morning.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:39 PM 06-06-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
Your muscles may be storing more water now that you are lifting. Dont let the number game bother you yet as long as ya are sticking to the plan.
:-)
Sounds good to me.

Thirty min. of cardio on the elliptical machine today.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:11 PM 06-08-2009
Leg day at the gym.
Hoping for some decent numbers this week.
[Reply]
kayaker 06:56 AM 06-09-2009
Bought a new set of scales. Should be more accurate/reliable than the old ones. Only $25 at Costco.

I've been hovering around 230-235, which is not bad, but I'm not making any further progress beyond 230. I'll weigh in again on Friday morning and see how I'm doing.
[Reply]
-MG- 02:11 PM 06-09-2009
Despite my not seeing the inside of the gym in over a week, I'm down to 207.2. Gotta get back to the gym though, I've been charting my progress, and it's much slower lately.

Looks like I need to be careful, or I'll be oweing Scott some pudding pretty soon :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:18 PM 06-09-2009
Originally Posted by -MG-:
Despite my not seeing the inside of the gym in over a week, I'm down to 207.2. Gotta get back to the gym though, I've been charting my progress, and it's much slower lately.

Looks like I need to be careful, or I'll be oweing Scott some pudding pretty soon :-)
Where's Bill Cosby when you need him?!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:13 PM 06-11-2009
Messed up for lunch today. Went with some of the other teachers on my hall to the Chinese buffet in town. That was a mistake. Ate two full plates. Also today is supposed to be my off day at the gym, going back on Friday and Saturday. But I'm going camping this weekend and won't make it to the gym again until Monday.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 06:32 PM 06-12-2009
Had a gain of 2.4 lbs over my last official weigh in. I'm teaching another kayak course this weekend so I hope to make up for that. On the down side, I think I'm looking for more snack breaks to escape working on my thesis.:-)

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away at it.
[Reply]
Shaerza 11:22 AM 06-15-2009
Hows everyone doing?

I fell off my plan to diet for a couple months leading up to a family reunion on the 4th. Was back up 4lbs after a glorious night of 18 beers. I am going to seriously buckle down for the next 2 weeks here and see if I cant drop the 6lbs to get under 180 before the reunion. I may even try to cut out the booze for these few weeks.

Hope you guys are seeing some losses!
[Reply]
Starscream 01:47 PM 06-15-2009
Weighed in at 243 again yesterday evening after getting back in from vacation. Skipped the gym today, so I'll have to double up tomorrow. Chest, shoulders, and legs all in one day? May have to save shoulders for Wednesday.
[Reply]
shilala 02:25 PM 06-15-2009
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too. :-)
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me. :-)
[Reply]
Page 27 of 129
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Up