replicant_argent 08:27 AM 04-01-2013
Carl is the new ADB.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Carl is the new ADB.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:48 AM 04-01-2013
I can't imagine the Gov is going to have anyone to rally behind him now. As soon as the town knows what he did, he'll be on the run.
[Reply]
fairladyz33 08:58 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am entering the season premiere contest. If they do not kill the Guv Sunday, my walk on will do an unscheduled assassination in the next season opener.
This! I try not to hold the TV series to the same standards as the book since it's clearly only loosely based on them. That being said, they really dropped the ball with Andrea's character. In the books she's the team sharp shooter and a vital part of the group. IMHO this last season was the worst so far. The build up of of the governor vs rick/prison group vs woodberry group ended in such an anti-climactic fashion. Not to mention the brutal amount of commercials, it felt like the show was getting in the way of a 1 hour ad block lol. Couple that with the short seasons, wait for months, mid season wait for months then short season finale. I think I'm done with the series unfortunately.
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:17 AM 04-01-2013
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/35031099.jpg

:-)
[Reply]
ky70 11:39 AM 04-01-2013
From a tactical perspective, I am with Carl, I would have shot that kid too. He was told to "drop" the weapon more than once. He doesn't drop it, advances, and makes a gesture like he is going to "hand it over"? Takes a fraction of a second from that position to raise and fire...Carl did the right thing.
I agreed with Carl's big picture analysis of why he did it, but I don't agree that "Carl did the right thing" due to being in danger. Carl and Herschel had the drop on the young man who looked to be afraid for his life (though he was longer to comply than needed). But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 12:59 PM 04-01-2013
From a tactical perspective, I am with Carl, I would have shot that kid too. He was told to "drop" the weapon more than once. He doesn't drop it, advances, and makes a gesture like he is going to "hand it over"? Takes a fraction of a second from that position to raise and fire...Carl did the right thing.
agreed.....only would have took a second to turn that shotgun forward and shoot

as for the gov......I suggest he try some meds :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:02 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by ky70:
But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
Carl's formative years are being shaped right now, his reality is quite stark. Lack of empathy for mankind.
[Reply]
lester cheeze 01:35 PM 04-01-2013
Carl maybe did'nt have to kill that kid. But he is right, Ricks a F**kup.
I'm Glad Andrea is dead, she was an idiot PICK UP THE PLIERS! even Nerdy McGeekerson had to tell her to shut up and move it.
LOVE this show but someone in the beginning of this thread told it true when they said the group was making bad decisions from the start.
[Reply]
Powers 01:56 PM 04-01-2013
Enjoyable finale! Glad they kept the Gov around, he's a great villain

Lookin' forward to October and Season 4 :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:01 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by lester cheeze:
someone in the beginning of this thread told it true when they said the group was making bad decisions from the start.
Wouldn't be as much fun if they made the correct decisions, I don't reckon.

By the end of the epi, both the Gov and Carl appear to have the same philosophy. Maybe Carl was influenced more by Shane than his Dad.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:35 PM 04-01-2013
I agreed with Carl's big picture analysis of why he did it, but I don't agree that "Carl did the right thing" due to being in danger. Carl and Herschel had the drop on the young man who looked to be afraid for his life (though he was longer to comply than needed). But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
agreed.....only would have took a second to turn that shotgun forward and shoot
I go through real time training scenarios with simunition several times a year. I stand by my statement that a fraction of a second is all it takes to raise and fire a shotgun. If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:51 PM 04-01-2013
If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.
I wouldn't expect any less.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 09:46 PM 04-01-2013
Yep. Same with the guy with the AK47 pointed at the Gov. If I saw someone shooting down People like that, Lights out mother ****er.
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/35031099.jpg

:-)
Broken link bro
Originally Posted by lester cheeze:
I'm Glad Andrea is dead, she was an idiot PICK UP THE PLIERS! even Nerdy McGeekerson had to tell her to shut up and move it.
I wanted Andrea dead at the start of the season. I've always hated her.
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Maybe Carl was influenced more by Shane than his Dad.
That's what I was thinking. Shane would've said drop it twice, and then dropped him.
[Reply]
ky70 10:11 PM 04-01-2013
I go through real time training scenarios with simunition several times a year. I stand by my statement that a fraction of a second is all it takes to raise and fire a shotgun. If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.
Considering the guy's hand was not on the trigger (I could be recalling this wrong), I still disagree that Carl had to do it because they were in danger. I don't disagree with anything Carl said to Rick though.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:51 PM 04-01-2013
Considering the guy's hand was not on the trigger (I could be recalling this wrong), I still disagree that Carl had to do it because they were in danger. I don't disagree with anything Carl said to Rick though.
We can agree to disagree. All training and case law I have been exposed to point to it being a good shoot.
[Reply]
OLS 10:29 AM 04-02-2013
I agree. This is not the campus of Ohio State University during present day. This is the
Zombie Apocalypse. You don't apply the same standards, you do not take near the same
5HI+ off of people, you are ordered to drop a gun by a person holding a gun, you either
comply or shoot first. He did neither. I have yet to SEE the episode in question though,
lol. I will agree later, too, I imagine.
[Reply]
Bondo 287 11:25 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by OLS:
I agree. This is not the campus of Ohio State University during present day. This is the
Zombie Apocalypse. You don't apply the same standards, you do not take near the same
5HI+ off of people, you are ordered to drop a gun by a person holding a gun, you either
comply or shoot first. He did neither. I have yet to SEE the episode in question though,
lol. I will agree later, too, I imagine.
Agreed. In that (lawless apocalyptic ) scenario, if I say DROP IT and I get a "stall tactic" I am immediately suspicious. Is there a partner of his, in the woods and this guy is buying time to keep me occupied while his buddy sights me in to pick me off ? Is there a Zombie coming up behind me? This is the reason while the Gov is still alive in the first place ( see the 14 or so failed opportunities to kill him in my post from the other week ) Gov has actually been in crosshairs 3 separate times. If I had the gun on that guy, and told him to drop it, we don't play the " count to three" game. No thirty seconds of Jeopardy Music while you make a decision . Drop or Die. It's easy ! Especially when I am the guy with the gun. Lil Buckaroo did the right thing.
About time.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:46 AM 04-02-2013
Considering it was pretty much contact distance and many teenagers reflex speed, better safe than sorry, considering da Zomboid Pocolypth and all dat.
[Reply]
ky70 10:15 PM 04-03-2013
Carl's action makes or a great debate, but I think the writers intended for the audience to view Carl's action as "wrong". I say that because of Herschel's perspective on what took place that he shared with Ric.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 28
« First < 17252627 28 >
Up