Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 82
« First < 17252627 28293777 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 12:31 AM 01-08-2012
What do you think of Salak, Matt? Looks like he isn't the #1 goale down there?
mosesbotbol 08:16 AM 01-08-2012
Bruins may've lost yesterday, but to me looked like the clearly better team. Tighten up on the penalties and the score would be much different.
Prefy 10:08 AM 01-08-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What do you think of Salak, Matt? Looks like he isn't the #1 goale down there?
Hasn't played much for various reasons, him and his wife had their first baby at the beginning of the season and he has been out since the beginning of December with a lower body injury.

Hopefully he will be back soon.

We are playing at Allstate on Wednesday at 11:00am...you should come out and watch your namesake in action!
icehog3 11:19 AM 01-08-2012
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Hasn't played much for various reasons, him and his wife had their first baby at the beginning of the season and he has been out since the beginning of December with a lower body injury.

Hopefully he will be back soon.

We are playing at Allstate on Wednesday at 11:00am...you should come out and watch your namesake in action!
Thanks Matt. :-)

11:00 AM? Is Wednesday a holiday I didn't know about? Wish I could, but I have mandatory training for our new facility from 1300-1500, so I would only catch a period at best. Will you be making the trip again this season?
icehog3 11:23 AM 01-08-2012
Hawks could drop to 5th in the West if they lose to the Wngs tonight. With a 9 game road trip coming in February, they need to get their act together or they will end up fighting for the 8th spot in March and April again. :-)
Prefy 12:13 PM 01-08-2012
Thanks Matt. :-)

11:00 AM? Is Wednesday a holiday I didn't know about? Wish I could, but I have mandatory training for our new facility from 1300-1500, so I would only catch a period at best. Will you be making the trip again this season?
No worries, I think it's a school day game so there will likely be 10,000 screaming kids. In hindsight this might not be the most enjoyable experience :-)

That being said we actually make three more trips to Allstate this year. Hopefully you can make it out. Just let me know which games and Ill get some tickets :-)

Sat, Jan 21 - 7:00pm
Fri, Feb 3 - 7:30pm
Fri, Feb 24 - 7:30pm
icehog3 02:25 PM 01-08-2012
Matt, I have to work Jan 21st and Feb 24th, so looks like Feb 3rd would be the best date for me, assuming you can be there. :-)
Prefy 02:51 PM 01-08-2012
Matt, I have to work Jan 21st and Feb 24th, so looks like Feb 3rd would be the best date for me, assuming you can be there. :-)
I'm at all of them :-)

I'll mark it in my calendar. Fire me a PM with you number and we can get in touch by phone as the date approaches.

Back at it tonight against the Stars...really want to leave Texas with two W's.
icehog3 03:03 PM 01-08-2012
PM sent, Matt...Good Luck tonight! :-) :-)
Ahbroody 05:05 PM 01-08-2012
Let's go Blackhawks
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:14 PM 01-08-2012
Hawks in a bit:-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:47 PM 01-08-2012
Wow, 2 quick goals:-)
icehog3 11:10 PM 01-08-2012
Bullsh!t call on Seabrook led to Wings first goal. Holmstrom should have gotten a trip, he almost got Seabrook's face crushed for him.

3 way tie in the Central between Hawks, Wings and Blues, though the Hawks have played 1 more game, so they are technically 3rd.
Ahbroody 01:43 AM 01-09-2012
like I said last year the amount of interference and trips the Wings pull vs what is called is insane. At least they called it more in the Sharks series last year. I think they only got one interference call tonight.

Jaws theme getting louder
GreekGodX 06:45 AM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
like I said last year the amount of interference and trips the Wings pull vs what is called is insane. At least they called it more in the Sharks series last year. I think they only got one interference call tonight.

The Wings getting those non-calls now is what kills them in the playoffs. They still play like that but the refs make those calls (most of them) in the playoffs. I'll take the win though this should be an interesting race for the division.
icehog3 09:29 AM 01-09-2012
Hawks have games against Columbus and Minnesota Tuesday and Thursday. If they don't get 4 points at home, I will never watch them again until the next time they are on.
Eleven 09:47 AM 01-09-2012
Ouch. Another coaching change in Columbus. What a mess.
Ahbroody 10:48 AM 01-09-2012
Speaking of messes. The Pens have the most man games lost it appears this season. Big injury after big injury
357 12:15 PM 01-09-2012
Let's go Blackhawks
Shhhhhh... you're supposed to hide youre anti-Wing bias so you can claim to be an objective NON-homer.

Hawks have games against Columbus and Minnesota Tuesday and Thursday. If they don't get 4 points at home, I will never watch them again until the next time they are on.
:-)

Here, chew on this oxygen tank for a minute while I grab my rifle.:-)

For the call that lead to the Wings' first goal, I was suprised they made it. 99% of the time Homer gets crosschecked in the back/neck/head there's no whistle. True, he got away with one but, we all know the retaliation is what gets noticed 9 out of 10 times.
Ahbroody 01:11 PM 01-09-2012
Omg. Friggin phone deleted.
Mike never said Homer doesn't get mugged. He does, but as even my kid knows when you stand there you are going to get sticked, tipped, and hit from behind. You want to stand there its the price. Always has been and I hope it always is. No one should get to stand there and not pay the price.

I was saying the Wings are masters of the soft pick and leaving that foot out just far enough to impede the opponent or trip him. They are a skill team, but if it was almost any other team they would get naildd so much more. I was glad the refs started nailing them in the Sharks series as it was really bad. I just don't like them getting away with it in the regular season. Not saying they are dirty or unskilled, clearly they are not. Its just irritating to watch it get pulled as much as they do and the refs let it slide.

Edit.
Tom Sharks have some road games against the wild and bjackets also and should grab 3 of the next 4. That jaws theme is getting louder.
Page 27 of 82
« First < 17252627 28293777 > Last »
Up