Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 54
« First < 17252627 282937 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
The Professor 04:15 PM 06-24-2010
Hey folks. Posting from the iPhone. It's yummy. :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:17 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
While an awesome protection, it is sort of like getting an H2 Hummer to protect your phone. That is how bulky that makes the phone.
The phone is so slick, I hate to cover it up!
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:17 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Hey folks. Posting from the iPhone. It's yummy. :-)

Dokk, Carlos and I are available for FaceTime demos. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:20 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Best Protection You Can Get For Your Investment, Though. All My Friends At Work Have The OtterBox On Their I-Phones.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:37 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Best Protection You Can Get For Your Investment, Though. All My Friends At Work Have The OtterBox On Their I-Phones.
I resisted until after the second screen cracked and haven't had a problem since.
You have to poof a little baby powder on the inside plastic screen so it doesn't bubble and not use the belt clip holster though. The holster allows the phone to fly off in my experience.
I also found you need to open up the tab that covers the charge port or you get an echo when talking and the Otterbox doesn't allow charging with anything other than the factory charger, which sucks in the car as it's a pain to open up.

I'm kinda rough on stuff, so the Otterbox is a necessary evil. This takes out the benefit of the slimmer design of the 4 and leaves me wondering what features warrant an immediate upgrade...
[Reply]
0002S 04:46 PM 06-24-2010
This video was shot on my way home with the 4G. Then edited with the 4G. Music added from 4G. Then posted to YouTube with the 4G. Finally I posted this with the 4G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYif...=youtube_gdata

Amazing Phone. Whole process including drive took 45 minutes

YouTube's compression makes the video look like ass. The in phone video 720 HD is spot on. It does have the CMOS "jello" effect when not perfectly stable and moving. This was hand held.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:46 PM 06-24-2010
This phone is unreal.
Darn glad I waited in line for it today.

Have to add, if you don't have a Magic Mouse for your laptop...........GET IT!!!
Great toy also.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:56 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I resisted until after the second screen cracked and haven't had a problem since.
You have to poof a little baby powder on the inside plastic screen so it doesn't bubble and not use the belt clip holster though. The holster allows the phone to fly off in my experience.
I also found you need to open up the tab that covers the charge port or you get an echo when talking and the Otterbox doesn't allow charging with anything other than the factory charger, which sucks in the car as it's a pain to open up.

I'm kinda rough on stuff, so the Otterbox is a necessary evil. This takes out the benefit of the slimmer design of the 4 and leaves me wondering what features warrant an immediate upgrade...
Pete: The "New" Holster Locks The Phone In As Tight As A Drum As Long As You Make Sure Your USB Port Is Closed Up Tightly On The Otterbox. If You Have Had Your Otterbox Less Than One Year, You May Get The New Holster For Free From Otterbox or ATT.:-)
[Reply]
floydpink 05:00 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Pete: The "New" Holster Locks The Phone In As Tight As A Drum As Long As You Make Sure Your USB Port Is Closed Up Tightly On The Otterbox. If You Have Had Your Otterbox Less Than One Year, You May Get The New Holster For Free From Otterbox or ATT.:-)
Very good to know Greg. I bought mine off Ebay and wonder if the ATT store near me would honor this.....

Come to think of it, there's one across from Corona Cigar so that gives me an excuse to head there now!!!
[Reply]
longknocker 05:02 PM 06-24-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Very good to know Greg. I bought mine off Ebay and wonder if the ATT store near me would honor this.....

Come to think of it, there's one across from Corona Cigar so that gives me an excuse to head there now!!!
:-) GL!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:07 PM 06-24-2010
How much is the internet service on this baby? $100 a month?
[Reply]
Blueface 05:16 PM 06-24-2010
I definitely want to get some kind of skin for mine.
I am bound to drop it.
[Reply]
shilala 06:00 PM 06-24-2010
I definitely want to get some kind of skin for mine.
I am bound to drop it.
Carlos, I've been using my otterbox from day one. They are incredible.
I bought Lisa one for on her motorcycle, but she didn't use it regular. Now she does.
We literally tried every cover worth trying, I read all the reviews and tied up a small fortune in cases. The otter box is the best by a longshot.
It does as bulk, but I can roll my phone down the steps all day and it won't get hurt.

The coolest looking covers were the metallic Noel series. Dustin (XXX) said he and Echo got them and they were gorgeous. They were. The only problem was that they killed our reception and our GPS wouldn't work.

I won't ever look for another phone cover. Otter Box is the sh!t.
[Reply]
floydpink 06:21 PM 06-24-2010
I have a drawer full of phone cases and gun holsters that serve as a reminder of my searches for fit and fictionality.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 06:31 PM 06-24-2010
I've had the origina iPhone for over 2.5 years with no case and haven't had any problems. A few very minor scratched on the back and edges but overall it held up more than I expected. I will be taking my chances with the new phone too... I just like the look and size without a case...
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:40 PM 06-24-2010
I've got the Comuter Series case for my 3G and imo it's the best case I've ever had for it. Currently I'm on the list to be notified when the iPhone 4 version is ready. The Defender case doesn't look too bulky for the iPhone 4 like it did for the 3G/3Gs.

Here's the link to the Otterbox iPhone 4 cases: OtterBox
[Reply]
Blueface 06:45 PM 06-24-2010
Just picked up the Belkin clear case for the phone at Best Buy.
Looks and works great.
Barely adds any size to the phone and cushions it well. Beats the bumper being sold by Apple and it is very soft material that won't scratch up the phone as the harder cases will, specially when dust particles get caught up in there.

Knowing me, I will forever search for more cases I like but this one is great for now.
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:59 PM 06-24-2010
Just picked up the Belkin clear case for the phone at Best Buy.
this one?

[Reply]
Blueface 07:12 PM 06-24-2010
this one?

Yup.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:14 PM 06-24-2010
Yup.
are the side buttons easily accessible?
[Reply]