Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 350
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Starscream 07:28 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
drinking a good amount of water and a MV are good too :-)
MV?
Genetic Defect 07:29 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
MV?
multi-vitamin
Chris. 09:31 PM 12-02-2008
I try to drink a gallon of water every day. I've been watching calorie intake. Not so much carbs. Eat whatever strikes me as good. Mainly because when I do get to eat, it's at work at their cafeteria. I usually drink a protein shake mid-afternoon or some peanut butter and crackers. I take a MV called Vitalert. It's got tons of everything. I've only been hitting the gym about twice a week with a little cardio. about a mile on the treadmill to warm the body up and get the heart rate going, then I do lunges, then on to my leg, arm, back, shoulder, chest (whatever I feel like focusing on) workout. I typically have about 30 seconds between sets at 8 to 10 reps in each set.
cvm4 03:48 AM 12-03-2008
I have legs in about an hour...
The Professor 06:14 AM 12-03-2008
Was running behind today; so I only hit some HIIT. Back to the iron tomorrow.
Sanitariumite 01:02 PM 12-03-2008
I still haven't been able to hit they gym due to whatever it is I strained doing squats last Sunday, but it's been getting gradually better ever since so I'm not too worried about it. I made a discovery today though by taking 400mg of ibuprofin before riding to class, and there's no throbbing headache at all. Is there any reason I shouldn't take 2 ibuprofin and go hit the gym tonight? I was thinking about going light-ish and doing chest/biceps sans cardio to keep my heart rate relatively low.
Chris. 01:55 PM 12-03-2008
ibuprofen doesn't do anything for me.:-)
BigFrank 02:43 PM 12-03-2008
Off day for me, plan on eating some fast food ( hopefully KFC, guitar hero box they sell is the shiznit ! )
DavenportESQ 09:42 PM 12-03-2008
I have been eating so unhealthy because of end of the semester b.s.. Skipping meals, going to buffets, I need to vamp up the intensity in the weightroom to make up for my slack @$$ diet
cvm4 06:31 AM 12-04-2008
I had a nice shoulders/traps/abs day today.
Looking forward to the day off tomorrow.
Starscream 08:04 PM 12-04-2008
Wow. Getting back into shape hurts. Did some easy arm work with some lightweight dumbells and boy am I sore today!
The Professor 08:10 PM 12-04-2008
Wow. Getting back into shape hurts. Did some easy arm work with some lightweight dumbells and boy am I sore today!
maybe you should cut the dumbbells in half...

...like your Lusitanias. :-)
Starscream 08:14 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
maybe you should cut the dumbbells in half...

...like your Lusitanias. :-)
:-):-)
Sanitariumite 08:15 PM 12-04-2008
I'm always sore to the point of being literally crippled when I lift after a long absence from the gym. Give yourself a week or two to get back in the swing of things, and you shouldn't be too sore anymore after lifting. I usually feel tightness in the worked muscle-groups after I lift.
zonedar 08:54 PM 12-04-2008
Hadn't done any lower back stuff in a while. Did a bunch of back extensions after my chest/tri workout today. Really stiff this afternoon. That'll learn me to skip them...
Starscream 06:20 PM 12-05-2008
Alright guys, so I just completed my first two days back training. My arms are still sore, but managable so I can do arms again tomorrow. But after my leg workout I think I'm gonna be so sore that I probably will have difficulty walking up stairs or bending over. Question: I'm gonna go ahead and do arms again tomorrow, but if my legs are so sore that it hurts to move them, should I attempt to do another leg workout, or should I take another couple of days to rest them?
BigFrank 06:50 PM 12-05-2008
Alright guys, so I just completed my first two days back training. My arms are still sore, but managable so I can do arms again tomorrow. But after my leg workout I think I'm gonna be so sore that I probably will have difficulty walking up stairs or bending over. Question: I'm gonna go ahead and do arms again tomorrow, but if my legs are so sore that it hurts to move them, should I attempt to do another leg workout, or should I take another couple of days to rest them?
If you just started back at the gym, take tomorrow off. Two days in a row after a break is more than enough. Rest up tomorrow, than maybe a lil chest and tris, follow that up with a shoulder calf and ab day. Then a good two days rest. That is what I would suggest.
What's your current routine like now?

As a rule of thumb I always try to keep my training routine broken up as to prevent overtraining certain body parts. Good example of this would be, training back than the following day training legs. To me this is too much stress on the lower back. Similar concept for Chest shoulders triceps and back and biceps. You get the idea.

Originally Posted by zonedar:
Hadn't done any lower back stuff in a while. Did a bunch of back extensions after my chest/tri workout today. Really stiff this afternoon. That'll learn me to skip them...
Next time try some stretching out / foam roller work post workout. Really cuts down on the sore lower back.
BigFrank 06:52 PM 12-05-2008
Squats
485x5 - 485x5 - 485x8(PR)
Leg Presses
8 Platesx40 8p x25
Leg curls
100x10x4
Leg Press Calf Raises
210x20x4

Crushed my PR with 3 full reps. Felt unreal.
Starscream 08:43 PM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
What's your current routine like now?
I'm not at the gym. Training w/ dumbells at home for starters. Gym will come later.
Arms: Curls, inlcine bench press, Seated row to neck, Shoulder press

Legs: Static Lunge, Goblet squats, Dumbell Stepups.

I'm a 6'1" 260lbs fat@$$ who hasn't lifted a weight or worked out serioulsly in about a year (I did some Taebo over the summer:-))
I did both the arm and leg workouts w/ 15lbs dumbells (30lbs total). Yes I'm starting out very lightweight. Even though I'm starting out lightweight, I'm sore as $h!t!
BigFrank 09:45 PM 12-05-2008
I'm not at the gym. Training w/ dumbells at home for starters. Gym will come later.
Arms: Curls, inlcine bench press, Seated row to neck, Shoulder press

Legs: Static Lunge, Goblet squats, Dumbell Stepups.

I'm a 6'1" 260lbs fat@$$ who hasn't lifted a weight or worked out serioulsly in about a year (I did some Taebo over the summer:-))
I did both the arm and leg workouts w/ 15lbs dumbells (30lbs total). Yes I'm starting out very lightweight. Even though I'm starting out lightweight, I'm sore as $h!t!
Hey gotta start somewhere right?

You could toss in some kickbacks or extensions for triceps, maybe 1 arm rows too.
Page 27 of 350
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Up